Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2021 6:43:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Can we sue these dope politicians for the damage they cause after passing laws that end up killing people ?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#2]
STATE OF NEW YORK        ________________________________________________________________________                                          7196                               2021-2022 Regular Sessions                    IN SENATE                                      June 5, 2021                                       ___________        Introduced  by  Sen.  MYRIE  -- read twice and ordered printed, and when          printed to be committed to the Committee on Rules        AN ACT to amend the general business law, in relation to the dangers  to          safety  and  health  and  creation  of a public nuisance caused by the          sale, manufacturing, distribution, importing and marketing of firearmsThe People of the State of New York, represented in Senate and Assem-bly, do enact as follows:    
1    Section  1.  Legislative  findings  and intent. The legislature hereby    
2  finds that the illegal use of firearms not  only  constitutes  a  public    
3  nuisance  as  declared  in  article  400  of the penal law, but that the    
4  effects of such nuisance contribute to the public health crisis  of  gun    
5  violence  in  this state as declared by the legislature in the 2021-2022    
6  legislative session. This nuisance poses specific harm  to  New  Yorkers    
7  based  largely  on  their zip code and certain immutable characteristics     where the problem resides.
8  such as race and ethnicity.  Illegal firearm violence has disproportion-       pay attention here.
9  ately affected underserved black and brown neighborhoods in  our  cities   here it is.....
10  and  throughout the state despite stringent state and local laws against    
11  the illegal possession of firearms while, according  to  the  Bureau  of    
12  Alcohol,  Tobacco,  Firearms  and Explosives statistics, 74% of firearms    
13  used in crimes in New York are purchased outside of New York. Thus,  the   and the cherry on top!
14  legislature  further  finds  that given the ease at which legal firearms    
15  flow into the illegal  market,  and  given  the  specific  harm  illegal    
16  firearm  violence  causes certain New Yorkers, those responsible for the    
17  illegal or unreasonable sale, manufacture,  distribution,  importing  or    
18  marketing  of firearms may be held liable for the public nuisance caused    
19  by such activities.   Additionally, many  New  Yorkers,  including  many    
20  children,  are  gravely  injured  or  killed  unintentionally due to the    
21  firearm industry's failure to implement reasonable safety  measures  and    
22  the legislature finds that this failure also warrants liability.    
23    §  2.  The  general  business  law  is amended by adding a new article  
24  39-DDDD to read as follows:         EXPLANATION--Matter in  (underscored) is new; matter in bracketsitalics                              [] is old law to be omitted.                                                                   LBD06691-06

https://legislation.nysenate.gov/pdf/bills/2021/S7196

EVERYBODY gets a bite of this shit sandwich:
23    4. "Gun industry member" shall mean a person, firm, corporation,    24  company, partnership, society, joint stock company or any other entity    25  or association engaged in the sale, manufacturing, distribution, import-    26  ing or marketing of firearms, ammunition, ammunition magazines, and    27  firearms accessories.

It's all about the Lawyers and the State getting money, not a fucking thing else.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks to me like failure to accept responsibility
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 9:53:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah it's an attempt to use an exception to the federal limitations on suing gun manufacturers.
View Quote

Might want to read WHO it covers:
23 4. "Gun industry member" shall mean a person, firm, corporation,
24 company, partnership, society, joint stock company or any other entity
25 or association engaged in the sale, manufacturing, distribution, import-
26 ing or marketing of firearms, ammunition, ammunition magazines, and
27 firearms accessories.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:28:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I am so glad I've left shithole NY for good!

I'm only sorry for my friends that circumstances force them to stay there.

Any of my good friends that worked at Remington that will have to endure more bullshit lawsuits brought on by this current batch of criminals in state government.

I'm trying to get my other family members to sell out their property in NY and move here NOW before it's too late and they tax the shit further out of them when they sell the real estate there.

The people that don't get involved with the efforts locally to get rid of the current shitbags , both democrats and republicrats that infest local and state politics, I feel you are equally guilty in the downfall of the state.

For years I worked on local, state and federal campaigns to get good people in , and joined organizations like NYSRPA .

I finally had enough when Remington pulled the carpet out from 585 people including me.

For my friends there, you guys have always been great!

I fondly remember GUNS ALONG THE MOHAWK, Campouts in MRP and dozens of informal get together s.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 9:54:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Honestly, I don't know why so few appear to be paying attention to this Legislation....do you understand the Pandora's Box this opens?  It's NOT just the Gun Manufacturer; it's any and every body associated with the industry.    
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 8:54:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Honestly, I don't know why so few appear to be paying attention to this Legislation....do you understand the Pandora's Box this opens?  It's NOT just the Gun Manufacturer; it's any and every body associated with the industry.    
View Quote

Ive had more than a  couple of customers who expressed the belief that they thought that the pending gun legislation only banned the building of ghost guns. This bill really slid in under the radar for a lot of people
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Unfortunately, the firearms industry will not do what it really needs to do in this case: stop selling anything to anyone in New York including government entities. It will hurt the citizens but imagine when the NYSP or any other police/sheriff department in New York places an order and it told flat out, "we do not sell to New York State. period." And if a distributor violates the manufacturers policy, there is no warranty or parts support for those items that were obtained through side channels. Rather quickly a lot of government departments will be trying to figure out how to maintain and service what they have since no one legitimate will sell them new hardware. It seems the only thing that might actually work but I doubt the industry will look past the dollars lost in this case versus the treble losses in possible future court cases.

Barrett pulled something similar with California when it banned his products. Government entities could not get their 50 calibers serviced by Barrett any longer nor would Barrett sell to them.

Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:58:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Barrett pulled something similar with California when it banned his products. Government entities could not get their 50 calibers serviced by Barrett any longer nor would Barrett sell to them.

View Quote

They told NYS to fuck off too
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They told NYS to fuck off too
View Quote

And yet NYPD and other agencies were still able to field Barretts
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#12]
As I posted in the other thread:

I cant wait for all the Fudds who voted for these assholes start complaining when they can’t buy scope rings or a sling for their deer rifle

Ammunition manufacturers won’t sell ammunition here either in fear of being sued

Good luck buying deer slugs and 30-06
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 9:28:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ive had more than a  couple of customers who expressed the belief that they thought that the pending gun legislation only banned the building of ghost guns. This bill really slid in under the radar for a lot of people
View Quote

It definitely went unnoticed by the Gun Community sans those actively in the fight.
Apparently its been decided it's a NSSF issue and they are going to contest it, after all the NY Legislature is found of throwing shitt Legislation against the Wall to see if and how long it sticks, in the mean time the damage is done.

I don't think even People such as Dealers, Clubs, Organization, etc. are aware that THEY are included in this shit-show...I'm not a Lawyer, but the language and specificity seem abundantly clear to me.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top