Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 5/28/2022 10:52:19 AM EDT
So I just finished my move and I am NEVER moving again.  I was planning on getting rid of my safe movers I have had for years.   Then I though maybe the Iowa HTF would be a good place to check to see if others would have use of them from time to time.  It is not an item you can justify purchasing unless you are in the business or move your own safes more than you wish to.  They run about $850 to upwards of $1500 new.  I was kicking around the idea I would just keep them and rent them out to friends and HTF members as needed.   Not sure what I am going to do, just wanted to throw this out there and see what the hive thought.  Live just outside the DSM metro area so centrally located not far from I80 and I35.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Novel idea.

I'm not moving either. I have informed my children/ grandchildren that they will have to carry me out of this house and then divide up the assets.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice tool.  I sure hope I don't have to move a safe again but you never know.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I probably will move again someday, but I'm paying to have my safe moved. I almost killed myself getting it out of the moving truck.

Nice offer and nice safes!
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Well shit.

I just paid an outfit a lot of money to use that exact tool to move my safe.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well shit.

I just paid an outfit a lot of money to use that exact tool to move my safe.
View Quote

Oh that sucks.  Hopefully it wasn't to costly.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:02:35 AM EDT
[#6]
If you have room to keep them, then keep them and put out there regularly that they are available for rent.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I would very likely rent the safe mover from you, if available around the Aug 18 time frame this year.  I moved last year (along with my ammo fort) and I am moving again this year.... I know....

Last time I had to hire 4 men and 2 trucks because (2 men and a truck) wouldn't take the safe job.  Moving heavy things is not cheap.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would very likely rent the safe mover from you, if available around the Aug 18 time frame this year.  I moved last year (along with my ammo fort) and I am moving again this year.... I know....

Last time I had to hire 4 men and 2 trucks because (2 men and a truck) wouldn't take the safe job.  Moving heavy things is not cheap.
View Quote

Let me know.  I have tons of experience moving ammo forts.  I palletize mine and used pallet forks to get it out to a skidsteer with forks which I have access to.  Probably can help you come up with a solution.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 9:49:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where you moving? I could be persuaded to help move a safe.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll be moving w/in 12mo; I've already resigned myself to the fact that my safe stays with the old house and new house gets a new safe, with hired delivery and install.

BUT, those are very cool doodads.  If I were a little younger (as well as my buddies I'd enlist to help me) I'd pay to rent those and move it myself.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Where you moving? I could be persuaded to help move a safe.
View Quote

Just from one side of Ankeny to the other side of Ankeny.  I greatly appreciate the offer & will keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Let me know.  I have tons of experience moving ammo forts.  I palletize mine and used pallet forks to get it out to a skidsteer with forks which I have access to.  Probably can help you come up with a solution.
View Quote

Will do.  I greatly appreciate the offer.  I guess the thought using pallets never occurred to me.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 10:25:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Pallets and a tracked skidsteer make a huge difference.  Its all in the tools and prep.  Also be aware of the weight, it is easy to overload.  I built the side walls on the pallets because I stacked them, that plastic wrap works just fine if you are not planning on stacking.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 3:12:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just from one side of Ankeny to the other side of Ankeny.  I greatly appreciate the offer & will keep that in mind.
View Quote

That's what I did

It sucked just as much as moving from several states over.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top