Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/19/2020 7:25:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Bored much? I worked. After work I'll probably go outside and do some yard work.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Went to the grocery store.

Mowed the lawns.

Worked on some toys.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 11:24:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Drove to work. Worked. Drove home. Ate. Went for a walk. Getting ready for bed. Tomorrow will look the same.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 11:50:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Got up. Worked out for an hour. Made breakfast. Drove into the ghost town that is work. Spent eight hours completing a GIS training on adobe connect. Went to the grocery store for OJ which apparently was a waste as the Mrs already had another gallon in the other fridge. Drove home.  Topped off the gas tank.  Made dinner. Helped a friend pick out a new rifle. Took a shower. Time for bed.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 12:54:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Well it being the first day of spring in MT I did what most people do. I shoveled snow off the driveway.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 1:00:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Went to work, the panic is finally hitting our small town gunshop.
LOTS of uninformed new firearms owners panic-buying ammo. Saw a lot of my regular clientele as well, not panic-buying, just conducting regular business.

We have a pretty good reputation in town and try hard to take good care of our customers.

We are running low on 9mm, .223/5.56 just like everywhere else.
Surprisingly selling through .40 S&W.

We usually have quite a bit of ARs in stock, sales on them have been fairly brisk...have 4 left.
Sold through all of our P-Mags, Lancer 30s & Aluminum G.I.s.

Busy, busy day...have no idea how the supply chain will be in the following weeks. We are in daily email/phone communication with our distributors and they don't either. The gun industry is pretty much flying by the seat of it's pants.

NICS is a joke, successfully made two phone connections with them after being on hold to 2+ hours.

I say, embrace the chaos

Went home, played with my German Shepherd.
Spent some quality time in my shop loading some 168gr. .30cal freedom pills. Just regular time in my shop, not panic driven, it's my after work Zen time.

Had a chat with my daughter, who lives in Missoula, we are attempting to celebrate her b-day on Sunday. Thinking we are going to meet up here and go have Mexican at the local joint in town.

Going to crash in a bit...see what madness comes my way tomorrow.
Stay safe, gents.
Looks like another GLORIOUS day in Montana!

G

ETA...Doh! Inconsiderate jerk that I am.
Forgot about dinner with my wife.
Delicious pork chops & a spring salad, very Keto-friendly. Have lost 30 pounds so far, in preparation of back surgery I have scheduled in May.

Good conversation with her about her day.
She's a community health nurse and well, yeah...lots of stuff going on in her universe.

Also forgot to mention care & feeding of my sheep and chickens.

Dang!...been a long day.

Goodnight,  Montana.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Seems generally normal in the flathead.

Stores are pretty well stocked, though all the restaurants and bars got shut down yesterday afternoon.

As of now it seems like everybody is waiting with bated breath for what’s next.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Grocery store and Home Depot was the highlights of the day for my wife and I, needed a new breaker as the old on on the furnace circuit broke and was bad, dinner, then a nap, pretty normal day, people did not seem panic at all, they were just disappointed when the store was out of something they came in for.

I was surprised at the coffee and cereal areas, they were pretty wiped out.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know about most people, but we're taking things pretty seriously. Wife's work got shut down until further notice so she is staying home. Since she's home, we're keeping our 2 year old home from daycare. I already work from home, so we're pretty well isolated now. I was watching this epidemic hit China back in Dec and started stocking up then. So we've got plenty of long term food. We are avoiding breaking into it, though. So we're trying to meal plan a week ahead so we can (hopefully) only go to the store once a week to lessen our chances of catching it. If it gets to the point where we need to wear masks to go out, I've got some gas masks and 3M adapters for commercial bayonet filters and a stock of P100 particulate filters to go with.

As far as activities, we've stopped going out to eat. We are avoiding the stores unless necessary, and then definitely not going during peak hours. We've been keeping our cars topped off, and gas cans filled. Making sure not to touch my face when out, and using hand sanitizer as soon as I get back to my truck.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Been curled up on the couch with a head cold and splitting headache for 3 days.  Feeling better, just tired, today.

On the board at the trap and skeet club trying to figure out what to do.  Cancelled spring leagues, cancelled an upcoming trap shoot, haven't decided if were going to close the facility or not.  Fine with people shooting, but we would at least have open the clubhouse to sell tokens.  Still trying to decide about some May shoots that are scheduled, probably have to cancel those as well.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 6:05:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Business as normal for us.   By standards we keep about 6 months of food ahead and shop once a month.   Went to town yesterday and didnt have anything we couldnt get althoguh we had to go to two stores.

Lots of stressed shoppers up here......the freehandoutarmy seems to be panicing more than the normal populace.....

"panic bought" ammo  Lol was going to hit North40 anyway getting a bunch of stuff for the ranch and they had a good sale on rimfire ammo so I bought what I normally would.   Black packs.  250 rounds boxes of .22 mag and 17HMR, 1100 boxes of .22 for $40 apiece.     Then grabbed 5 hundred packs of federal 9mm for $20 apiece.  

Got a Tippmann 9mm gatling gun on order so been buying a few hundred rounds every trip.

Be nice when we move out of our trailer house into the home we're renovating......Have actual storage space to keep what we like to on hand.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 10:43:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Got off work at noon
Went to bank
Paid internet bill
Went to Cabelas to make a payment on my Cabelas Visa
Got phone call from gun counter at Cabelas while at Cabelas.  Delay was now proceed
Walked back to gun counter
Picked up new Beretta 92FS
Drove across town to Selway Armory
Picked up 5K of SPP and 4lb of Win231 I'd ordered
Stopped in Bonner to fuel F250
Stopped at mini storage and paid 2 months rent
Went home.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#17]
2 cases in the Flathead now.  One a staffer at KRMC.

General vibe seemed about the same today.

Didn’t do any shopping, just worked.

The yum yums spending more time together is starting to result in uptick in alcohol fueled idiocy...I’m sure we’re far the crescendo of that.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#18]
My Reserve unit (not local) just got activated for national medical logistic response. Open ended active duty orders start Tuesday.

Heading to my fourth war, this time at home.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My Reserve unit (not local) just got activated for national medical logistic response. Open ended active duty orders start Tuesday.

Heading to my fourth war, this time at home.
View Quote

If there’s anything you need that your arf brethren may be able to provide, I hope you’ll post here. I’ll help if I can.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If there’s anything you need that your arf brethren may be able to provide, I hope you’ll post here. I’ll help if I can.
View Quote

Will do, & I appreciate the offer.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:44:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

X2 that goes for anyone here too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do, & I appreciate the offer.

X2 that goes for anyone here too.

Sure do, we are here for you brother!

Link Posted: 3/22/2020 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:03:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Went in to town yesterday.  Had to get $$ with the drive thru window since they have the ATM & lobby closed now.

All the markets seem to be OK. Went to Albertsons, Good Foods & Costco.  All had stuff with some sanitary & TP out of stock here & there or in short supply, but all had good stocks of food.  Food courts were shut down.

No shortages of beef & chicken. Costco had limited supply of fresh seafood but fine with all other meats. There there was a limit of one 18-egg carton of eggs.  No shortage of frozen fish, etc. Good deal on a big pack of breaded frozen fish (pollock) sticks.

Good level of folks there but no big lines or rush like last week.  A lot calmer than last week.

Stopped by Selway Armory and they were busy.  The ammo that seemed to be in high demand & short stock was 9mm & 223/556.  I didn't see any shortages in any other handgun and hunting ammo.

Of course I didn't need anything, but checking on my buds that work there.

Got home and unloaded then went for a bike ride.

This morning installed a new extended ambidextrous slide release on my P10C, and it works great.

Went for a bike ride down the valley.  Talked with some neighbors, and then with some friends on the phone/online.

Will do some lawn work tomorrow, and maybe another ride depending on how fast this front comes in.

While things have changed I don't think things are too bad around here.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#26]
I went to Costco the other day; things actually felt pretty normal.  They were out of the stuff that everybody is freaking out about, but everything else seemed pretty normal.  No frantic vibe, and the garden soil is wicked cheap!

It feels like the initial shock has worn off, and people are settling in for the 'new' normal.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yep I think you are right.

I had a chat with one of the local PD guys and he mentioned the county jail let out 200 "low risk" inmates to help reduce the risk of CV spread in the jail. They were busy chasing them around as many of the calls yesterday involved those recently released inmates.
View Quote

Sounds like something the nuckleheads in gov would do.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Bought a new toy, and talked with some neighbors.

Looks like Bozeman/Big Sky is the state hot spot.

Idaho is going into 21 day SIP.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 2:47:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Work as normal. Think tomorrow is last day going into the office. Working from home until further notice.

I see the writing on the wall. All I’m doing at work is making contact with people in TX and looking at house prices down there. Once the inevitable happens, I think that is my best spot to start over.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 9:11:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Do you think you will have to move back there for work? Like your position up here will be terminated?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Work as normal. Think tomorrow is last day going into the office. Working from home until further notice.

I see the writing on the wall. All I’m doing at work is making contact with people in TX and looking at house prices down there. Once the inevitable happens, I think that is my best spot to start over.

Do you think you will have to move back there for work? Like your position up here will be terminated?

I have a few contacts Lubbock that could probably get me a job. And if my wife could teach as well we’d be okay. That was always the plan, but about 10 years down the road when I had everything paid off and a lot more money stashed and didn’t need a ‘big’ salary. That’s the plan if things go south for us, which with the way things look right now is about 50/50.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:15:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:30:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Mowed the lawns.
View Quote
You mowed snow?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:40:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Copy. Well that's a bummer this is making you have to decide sooner than later..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a few contacts Lubbock that could probably get me a job. And if my wife could teach as well we’d be okay. That was always the plan, but about 10 years down the road when I had everything paid off and a lot more money stashed and didn’t need a ‘big’ salary. That’s the plan if things go south for us, which with the way things look right now is about 50/50.

Copy. Well that's a bummer this is making you have to decide sooner than later..

I’m a bit insulated, thankfully, based on the facility I work at. I would be really nervous Right now if I was a paper pusher in the Houston office.

Working at home today...gonna not put pants on until absolutely necessary.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I have a few contacts Lubbock that could probably get me a job. And if my wife could teach as well we'd be okay. That was always the plan, but about 10 years down the road when I had everything paid off and a lot more money stashed and didn't need a 'big' salary. That's the plan if things go south for us, which with the way things look right now is about 50/50.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see the writing on the wall. All I'm doing at work is making contact with people in TX and looking at house prices down there. Once the inevitable happens, I think that is my best spot to start over.

I have a few contacts Lubbock that could probably get me a job. And if my wife could teach as well we'd be okay. That was always the plan, but about 10 years down the road when I had everything paid off and a lot more money stashed and didn't need a 'big' salary. That's the plan if things go south for us, which with the way things look right now is about 50/50.

That's sad to hear.  My company's stock is super low right now.  I'm a little concerned for my career, since it's just starting.  If they decide to cut people who just started, I'm vulnerable.  But if they do the right thing, and cut the least useful people, I'm probably good.    My wife's career is solid.  Even when we go to Billings, she's technically "on loan," so she'd just get pulled back to another job.  She's also got a long track record of being awesome.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#38]
So far pretty stable here, no change. Well, actually I am busier now than I was weeks ago for some reason. I have done work from home for the last 9 years. Partner is pretty stable too. She has been hearing from renters that have lost their jobs though.  Overall not expecting much change, yet. Companies still have data and computing needs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You mowed snow?
View Quote

Negative.

The first shave was to even things out after thatching.

My two lawns are greening up.

What elevation/aspect are you at?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Went into town to pay the April rent early.  

Picked up a few things. Things looked pretty OK in town.

Not worried about riding all this out.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:11:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:05:17 PM EDT
[#43]
I zeroed a few rifles this morning...got some .17’s ready to do some work over East.

Took the dog for a hike...then putzed around home. Planted a couple apple trees we got at Costco and did some leveling and dirt work around the property...it was a pretty good day all and all...

Had a few white claws and some gin after dinner...feeling mellow now.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 5:14:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Yep. Felt it in the bitterroot. Lasted about a minute. House creaked, doors moved, curtains moved.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Booked flights hoping this mess doesn’t stop me from coming to y’all’s great state in June.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:02:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:12:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Had a couple snow dumps through the day. So moved snow (wet & heavy).
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:12:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Crazy. I have never experienced a quake before..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep. Felt it in the bitterroot. Lasted about a minute. House creaked, doors moved, curtains moved.

Crazy. I have never experienced a quake before..

It was strong enough and lasted long enough I started to get a little motion sick. I didn’t feel the urge to run for safety or anything like that though.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top