Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2023 3:00:25 PM EDT
Bought a semi rifle on March 31st. Got to the store on the 3rd and did the paperwork. Store says the background checks will be done on the 17th and to come pick it up on the 18th. What happens if inslee signs the law on the 17th? Can I still get the rifle? The Store says I can. Do I go by what the FFL says? Or do I just tell them to return it and not take any chances?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You bought and paid for it, it's your.  Or it might be a trap!  Watch for  ATF types hanging around the counter, you can tell who they are by the dumb questions they ask, like, " you got any of those high capacity clips"?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#2]
If there's a law in effect that prohibits the transfer on the day you attempt to take possession, then it's prohibited.  What your dealer does is up to them.

You still own the property and are free to sell it to anyone who isn't prohibited (out of state persons I would imagine).

Or you can abandon it.  Or part it out.  Or try and send it back to the seller you purchased it from.  Tons of options - just depends on how helpful your FFL ends up being.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got something that won't clear bg check until the 21st
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Hopefully the injunctions that will be filed hold things up.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:05:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If there's a law in effect that prohibits the transfer on the day you attempt to take possession, then it's prohibited.  What your dealer does is up to them.

You still own the property and are free to sell it to anyone who isn't prohibited (out of state persons I would imagine).

Or you can abandon it.  Or part it out.  Or try and send it back to the seller you purchased it from.  Tons of options - just depends on how helpful your FFL ends up being.
View Quote
I would ad 1240 signed or not, if they give it to you take it home. Make the man figure things out.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 9:00:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Were you able to get what you were waiting on?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top