Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 11:00:40 PM EDT
Goofed around with an AR and had a blast teaching my daughter how to engage targets from barricade positions. She was busting pieces of clay pigeons at 104yds with the .22 with a very high hit percentage. Easily one of my best days at the range.

Not sure if any of you view the AR precision thread, but the Vortex Venom is an interesting option for a sub 500$ optic. The optical clarity certainly won’t hold you back for group shooting at 100-300yds. Thanks Scott for the recommendation.

Link Posted: 9/19/2021 1:45:55 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SuperJlarge:
Goofed around with an AR and had a blast teaching my daughter how to engage targets from barricade positions. She was busting pieces of clay pigeons at 104yds with the .22 with a very high hit percentage. Easily one of my best days at the range.

Not sure if any of you view the AR precision thread, but the Vortex Venom is an interesting option for a sub 500$ optic. The optical clarity certainly won’t hold you back for group shooting at 100-300yds. Thanks Scott for the recommendation.

https://i.imgur.com/QnA6akx.jpg
View Quote

I've read part of that thread so far, very interesting and informative.  I haven't gotten to the most recent stuff yet.  Nice shooting!

I'm a big fan of Vortex because of their value vs price ratio as well as their warranty.  I've been very impressed with their customer service as well. I can see why that particular scope has been so well received but I try to avoid Chinese made products as much as possible.  I really wish Vortex would move all their lines to their other manufacturers in the Philippines and Japan.

My new but not new anymore Grendel build sports a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50.  Got it marked way down when they introduced the Gen II.  Still waiting to see how well it performs.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 6:19:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Brandi:

I've read part of that thread so far, very interesting and informative.  I haven't gotten to the most recent stuff yet.  Nice shooting!

I'm a big fan of Vortex because of their value vs price ratio as well as their warranty.  I've been very impressed with their customer service as well. I can see why that particular scope has been so well received but I try to avoid Chinese made products as much as possible.  I really wish Vortex would move all their lines to their other manufacturers in the Philippines and Japan.

My new but not new anymore Grendel build sports a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50.  Got it marked way down when they introduced the Gen II.  Still waiting to see how well it performs.
View Quote

I've got the same scope on a 6.5 creedmoor bolt gun and I've been pretty happy with it. It's a great value at the discounted price for sure.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:23:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Brandi:

I can see why that particular scope has been so well received but I try to avoid Chinese made products as much as possible.  I really wish Vortex would move all their lines to their other manufacturers in the Philippines and Japan.

View Quote

If other manufacturers did it, they likely would as well. To compete in the affordable market, outsourcing to China is required. But, with them having varying tiers, you can get an optic from them that is manf. in China, Philippines, Japan or USA.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 5:28:16 PM EDT
Went camping and canoeing over the weekend with my daughter and some friends at Raysville campground towards Augusta. What a great spot. People running it were very nice. Bathrooms were clean.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 4:59:44 PM EDT
Just got back from a 10 hour drive. Ready for bed already....Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 9:01:27 PM EDT

Link Posted: 10/1/2021 9:04:35 PM EDT
Pain in the ass, but quick fix for a locked bolt.

Damn popped primer!!!

Link Posted: 10/2/2021 8:09:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By boerseun:
Just got back from a 10 hour drive. Ready for bed already....https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85183/20211001_165845_jpg-2113774.JPG
View Quote

I know the feeling, sleep well
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 8:25:34 PM EDT
Spent most of the day and part of the evening at Stone Mountain.  Sister's son was visiting from OK so we've been doing the tourist thing for the last week.  

Pricey but fun.  Interesting and fun Halloween laser show.  Absolutely wrecked my spine but it was fun.  Probably go back for the Christmas celebration.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 4:56:44 PM EDT
Finally............got some good arrows for my new recurve and got to shoot it Saturday.  

I had forgotten how fun shooting a recurve is.  I still need a lot more practice to get my skill level up there but I can at least keep most of them in the bag at 25 yards.  

It's nice to be able to shoot in your own yard.  We couldn't do that back in OKC.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 6:31:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2021 6:31:59 PM EDT by YaBoyKGTho]
It's crazy how much of a difference marinating comes out better than just seasoning. This blows the pork tenderloin I made a couple weeks ago out of the water.

Attachment Attached File

Also just bought an Aimpoint T2 so my wallet hurts.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 11:49:32 PM EDT
What marinade did you use?

Link Posted: 10/3/2021 11:53:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By boerseun:
What marinade did you use?

View Quote

It was just whatever I had on hand. Olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, minced garlic, onion power, chili powder, and some hot sauce I got from Cola Classic.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.