Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Goofed around with an AR and had a blast teaching my daughter how to engage targets from barricade positions. She was busting pieces of clay pigeons at 104yds with the .22 with a very high hit percentage. Easily one of my best days at the range.

Not sure if any of you view the AR precision thread, but the Vortex Venom is an interesting option for a sub 500$ optic. The optical clarity certainly won’t hold you back for group shooting at 100-300yds. Thanks Scott for the recommendation.

Link Posted: 9/19/2021 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Goofed around with an AR and had a blast teaching my daughter how to engage targets from barricade positions. She was busting pieces of clay pigeons at 104yds with the .22 with a very high hit percentage. Easily one of my best days at the range.

Not sure if any of you view the AR precision thread, but the Vortex Venom is an interesting option for a sub 500$ optic. The optical clarity certainly won’t hold you back for group shooting at 100-300yds. Thanks Scott for the recommendation.

https://i.imgur.com/QnA6akx.jpg
View Quote

I've read part of that thread so far, very interesting and informative.  I haven't gotten to the most recent stuff yet.  Nice shooting!

I'm a big fan of Vortex because of their value vs price ratio as well as their warranty.  I've been very impressed with their customer service as well. I can see why that particular scope has been so well received but I try to avoid Chinese made products as much as possible.  I really wish Vortex would move all their lines to their other manufacturers in the Philippines and Japan.

My new but not new anymore Grendel build sports a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50.  Got it marked way down when they introduced the Gen II.  Still waiting to see how well it performs.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 6:19:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I've read part of that thread so far, very interesting and informative.  I haven't gotten to the most recent stuff yet.  Nice shooting!

I'm a big fan of Vortex because of their value vs price ratio as well as their warranty.  I've been very impressed with their customer service as well. I can see why that particular scope has been so well received but I try to avoid Chinese made products as much as possible.  I really wish Vortex would move all their lines to their other manufacturers in the Philippines and Japan.

My new but not new anymore Grendel build sports a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50.  Got it marked way down when they introduced the Gen II.  Still waiting to see how well it performs.
View Quote

I've got the same scope on a 6.5 creedmoor bolt gun and I've been pretty happy with it. It's a great value at the discounted price for sure.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:23:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I can see why that particular scope has been so well received but I try to avoid Chinese made products as much as possible.  I really wish Vortex would move all their lines to their other manufacturers in the Philippines and Japan.

View Quote

If other manufacturers did it, they likely would as well. To compete in the affordable market, outsourcing to China is required. But, with them having varying tiers, you can get an optic from them that is manf. in China, Philippines, Japan or USA.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Went camping and canoeing over the weekend with my daughter and some friends at Raysville campground towards Augusta. What a great spot. People running it were very nice. Bathrooms were clean.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got back from a 10 hour drive. Ready for bed already....Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 10/1/2021 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Pain in the ass, but quick fix for a locked bolt.

Damn popped primer!!!

Link Posted: 10/2/2021 8:09:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just got back from a 10 hour drive. Ready for bed already....https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85183/20211001_165845_jpg-2113774.JPG
View Quote

I know the feeling, sleep well
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 8:25:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Spent most of the day and part of the evening at Stone Mountain.  Sister's son was visiting from OK so we've been doing the tourist thing for the last week.  

Pricey but fun.  Interesting and fun Halloween laser show.  Absolutely wrecked my spine but it was fun.  Probably go back for the Christmas celebration.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Finally............got some good arrows for my new recurve and got to shoot it Saturday.  

I had forgotten how fun shooting a recurve is.  I still need a lot more practice to get my skill level up there but I can at least keep most of them in the bag at 25 yards.  

It's nice to be able to shoot in your own yard.  We couldn't do that back in OKC.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#12]
It's crazy how much of a difference marinating comes out better than just seasoning. This blows the pork tenderloin I made a couple weeks ago out of the water.

Attachment Attached File

Also just bought an Aimpoint T2 so my wallet hurts.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 11:49:32 PM EDT
[#13]
What marinade did you use?

Link Posted: 10/3/2021 11:53:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What marinade did you use?

View Quote

It was just whatever I had on hand. Olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, minced garlic, onion power, chili powder, and some hot sauce I got from Cola Classic.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Can't let this thread die. Anyone doing anything special over Thanksgiving? I just got back from the liquor store, I can't tolerate the in-laws without it

I'm off from today at noon through Sunday. Other than doing Thanksgiving with my family tomorrow and Thanksgiving with my wife's family on Friday I plan on doing some reloading during my time off. Although it's hard to find time to myself with a 20 month old running around and a pregnant wife yelling at me all the time
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm out in the yard shooting my bow and getting really frustrated at my progress.  

Some days I'm amazed how well I'm doing and then days like this I'm just plain irritated with myself for how terrible I'm doing.  Should probably just give up for today and try again tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Another hour of work left then lighting the grill. Friend's birthday so we're celebrating a bit. Like I needed an excuse to cook out.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Tis the season

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Where's the rest of them?
View Quote

In my belly
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If it makes you feel any better I just got my first modern bow and have no clue what to do with it yet. Been watching some YouTube videos though so I should be a pro by Sunday .
View Quote

You'll get the hang of it pretty fast.  Shooting a compound with sights is really just a matter of getting it set up and tuned correctly.  Once you have that part done you're just about ready to hunt with it.  Traditional archery has proven to be a whole new critter.  When my shooting stinks I'm always fighting the urge to go back to a modern bow

Once you master your modern bow you'll get the itch for a traditional bow....heh heh heh...
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Finished off some old Maker's, looking forward to this Four Roses Small Batch
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:57:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Just got home from work after a brutal 12 hour day.  Sitting in my chair drinking Elijah Craig Small Batch Cask Strength.

Watching the best Thanksgiving movie: Planes,Trains and Automobiles.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Definitely tis the season, this reminds me I've only had stone crab once this season

But I guess bbq works too

Link Posted: 11/24/2021 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Never had those.  

Now I want some.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Never had those.  

Now I want some.
View Quote

They’re great. One of the benefits of going to visit family in Miami for the Holidays.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 9:12:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Ate turkey all day, drinking wild turkey all night.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Finished off some old Maker's, looking forward to this Four Roses Small Batch
View Quote
I've had some wild adventures with Four roses Small batch. In Alaska of all places!
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Fried two turkeys in oil less fryer. Now drinking some bourbon. Sitting by a bon fire by myself enjoying sound of crackling fire n crickets n music playing.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope everyone is full n happy!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I've had some wild adventures with Four roses Small batch. In Alaska of all places!
View Quote

My wife wishes I was in Alaska right about now, lol

Had some good Cabernet Sauvignon with dinner earlier, sipping on the Four Roses now
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Fried two turkeys in oil less fryer. Now drinking some bourbon. Sitting by a bon fire by myself enjoying sound of crackling fire n crickets n music playing.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope everyone is full n happy!!
View Quote
That's the way to do it!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

My wife wishes I was in Alaska right about now, lol

Had some good Cabernet Sauvignon with dinner earlier, sipping on the Four Roses now
View Quote
lol! Mine wishes she was in Alaska with me right now. Love the place.
As far as the wines go...try some Nederberg or Simonsig...always found them to be very smooth and full of flavor.

Link Posted: 11/26/2021 1:11:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Met my possible son-in-law for the first time today. Got his doctorate from GA Tech, is now doing post doctoral research in Boulder, CO and really seems like a good kid. I was impressed. My daughter is headed to Paris France to meet his parents at Christmas cuz yeah, he's a Frenchy.

I'll be seeing him again on Saturday, and plan to feel him out on the whole "gun thing"....... Gotta know how much sense I might need to knock into his head. Just cuz he's got a fancy title from a durn good University doesn't mean that he's got a lick of sense. But, I think that can be fixed in his case. She could do FAR worse, from what I could tell.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 10:41:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Met my possible son-in-law for the first time today. Got his doctorate from GA Tech, is now doing post doctoral research in Boulder, CO and really seems like a good kid. I was impressed. My daughter is headed to Paris France to meet his parents at Christmas cuz yeah, he's a Frenchy.

I'll be seeing him again on Saturday, and plan to feel him out on the whole "gun thing"....... Gotta know how much sense I might need to knock into his head. Just cuz he's got a fancy title from a durn good University doesn't mean that he's got a lick of sense. But, I think that can be fixed in his case. She could do FAR worse, from what I could tell.  
View Quote

As long as he's got more sense than my wife's first cousin you'll be fine
Ga tech really screwed him up, he got a master's in aeronautical engineering but turned down jobs because he refuses to work for anyone with military contracts, got a PhD and did the same thing.

I preferred to put my PhD to work instead
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 1:50:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Ga tech really screwed him up, he got a master's in aeronautical engineering but turned down jobs because he refuses to work for anyone with military contracts, got a PhD and did the same thing.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dafuq?
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'll be seeing him again on Saturday, and plan to feel him out on the whole "gun thing"....... Gotta know how much sense I might need to knock into his head.  
View Quote

This sounds like it might be interesting.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Giving y’all a chance to grab before I put it on EE. $350 OBO.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Today. Went to a tactical rifle match. Scored like crap. Got home and found my factory mounted base was loose on the red dot sight I used. Put some blue loctite on the mounting screws after finally finding a metric hex wrench that fits what must be a 3.5 mm or something. Check the match scores and it has me listed as a super senior lady. What the hell. Guess I woke woke this morning. Went to order replacement ammo for what I shot during a range trip last week sighting in and this match and my card got declined. Find out it was shut down today for fraud when I called after it got declined on my ammo purchase. What a day and it is not over yet.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:32:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Tonight we’re going to be hopefully getting our Malnigator settled into her new home.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:30:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Giving y'all a chance to grab before I put it on EE. $350 OBO.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495981/50E24BD5-926E-4F81-9C03-93B69A5E5E03_jpe-2183311.JPG
View Quote
JB weld fixes all things...until Southerncross grabs it and wiggles it and proclaims "Shit ain't tight enough"
I'm sure we can patch that dryer up and get another $50 out of it...

Link Posted: 1/9/2022 12:13:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#45]
I made and printed a battery holder thing for one of my AR's last night. Took 3 iterations. Well 4, but I messed up on v3 so that doesn't count.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I made and printed a battery holder thing for one of my AR's last night. Took 3 iterations. Well 4, but I messed up on v3 so that doesn't count.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_2749_JPEG-2234162.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_2750_JPEG-2234163.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_2752_JPEG-2234164.JPG
View Quote

Cool idea!
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Watching Dirty Jobs and drinking Basement IPA.

Link Posted: 1/9/2022 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I just binge watched all 8 episodes of Invincible on Amazon Prime. It's great if you want to see a dark and twisted superhero series.
View Quote

I'll have to check that out.  

Tomorrow, I'm binging Season 4 of Cobra Kai
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top