Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2022 1:18:59 AM EDT
I drive from Texas to Florida to visit my mom and along I-10 I see solar panels on the side of the highway.  Not talking about the solar farms but the single large panels going down to a box on the ground.  

Does anyone know what those are for?
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:15:58 AM EDT
[#1]
DOT has cameras, speed monitoring stuff, message boards, water level monitors and a host of other stuff that may have some solar power options. They even had radar detector activators in the old days. Some areas may not be served with traditional power grids or the cost of pulling off a high power line to a transformer to the equipment is not cost effective.My guess on your verbal description of the device.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:50:31 PM EDT
[#2]
FDOT solar connectors
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top