Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 12/31/2021 9:36:23 AM EDT
I recently learned former OGCA members can rejoin without going through the usual new member process.

What is the quality of the shows these days?  The last ones I went to were in the mid 1990s.  I get that prices won’t be the same of course, I just want to see a lot of quality selection.  Are they mostly new or used firearms or a good mix of both ?  And by quality I’m referring to condition.  I don’t buy used up guns.

How about ammo and reloading components ?  Is it basically the same as what you can find in stores or are there more obscure calibers too ?

I’d like to see nice collector displays too but that’s not my main interest. I remember a TSMG display there once that was truly impressive.  A guy from Newark had that collection on display.  Another time there was a Stoner 63 display and the owner gave me a video about the Stoner 63 in Vietnam.

Accessories or military surplus aren’t too important at the show, I get most of them online.

How many tables are usually there ?  Robert’s is a nice size venue so if it’s always only  half filled would not be cool.

Thanks !
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 10:02:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I let mine expire ion 2019 during the covid over price extravaganza...

last time i went it was busy and busy,  prices were just stupid. I was like F this

Yep you can rejoin you have to pony up three years dues.. about $110.00  Pass for me..

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#2]
OGCA Shows
-- a decent combination of newish and used guns
-- prices are high but they are high everywhere
-- if you look around you can find deals but not on every table and probably not on something you want (but maybe you will get lucky)
-- 2 or 3 shows ago a table owner was selling off a Sig 1911 that his ex-wife gave him, I passed/held-off too long on it

Ammo -- high -- way too high

Reloading supplies
-- forget about primers
-- powder is a little more reasonable
-- bullet prices were not horrible but maybe better online

UK
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I was a member in the 1980's when the shows were in Columbus. They were the best shows I've ever been to in my life. Wish I had digital photos.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember going to them as a young lad at the IX center in Cleveland. It was like paradise for a teenager..... Guns EVERYWHERE!!!

My buddy is still hunting with $15.00 boxes of 160grn Federal Premium Nosler Partitions from back then........I still kill deer with my R600 that came with a Bushnell scopechief scope for $300.

If only we could go back in time knowing what we know now!
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]
The show at Roberts Center was light this past weekend, 30% of the vendor tables were empty from Covid from what I was told.

The November show had great turnout. As mentioned, prices were on the high side but about what I expected. I've only bought 1 gun there so far this year, a M-1 Carbine I paid $1350 for in March in nice shape
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Show was light
-- Far less tables (I would agree 30% less than normal)
-- Far less members clogging up the aisle (far easier to see tables)

I did not see anything to really follow me home
-- 4 boxes of Trap/SClays Shells ($7.5/ea -- not a great deal but no tax and I was there)
-- A knife, when in doubt a knife will follow me home

A friend (of a friend) hooked me up later with a 1911 Suppressor Ready Remington -- What I was searching for but only saw a FN 45 Suppressor Ready but far more than I want to spend

UK

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The show at Roberts Center was light this past weekend, 30% of the vendor tables were empty from Covid from what I was told.

The November show had great turnout. As mentioned, prices were on the high side but about what I expected. I've only bought 1 gun there so far this year, a M-1 Carbine I paid $1350 for in March in nice shape
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 7:39:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a very good show. People were spending money.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:36:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I missed it....Covid hit me hard
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Any of you gents still active? can ya pass along a show pass to a guy in need
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
PM me when we get closer to the March show.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do..  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Will do..  Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do..  Thanks

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top