Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#1]
“The police officer has no way of knowing if the individual meets the requirements for a carry permit. The officer can only assume without some other probable cause, the officer would be challenged to confront that individual. So when the governor and the legislature talk about this making Tennessee safer, I don’t see how,” Rallings said.

That sounds like a threat.

FUCK that guy.

Carry has been allowed in TN one way or the other for a while. Cops usually dont bother someone with a holstered gun. That wouldnt change. To say "to confront that individual" is BS. Sounds like a threat.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Sad that a Police Chief doesn't recognize that Criminals have always enjoyed Permitless Carry.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 11:05:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sad that a Police Chief doesn't recognize that Criminals have always enjoyed Permitless Carry.
View Quote

The law abiding are easy pickings compared to a Memphis thug who will rock & roll at the drop of a hat.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#4]
“I’m almost speechless to think that our elected officials have chose special interest over the safety of children and men and women in the state of Tennessee,”

It's always pathetic that instead of saying "the American people" they always say "the NRA" or "special interests".  That's their little tactic that they love to use. In reality, the elected officials in Tennessee have chosen the law abiding gun owner.

Biden also loves to say this when he's talking about gun control. He always says he's going to "take on the NRA", as if the only people that would be against the passing of this crazy gun control would be the NRA. He tries to fool the American public that the only people that don't want gun control is the NRA LOL. He never mentions the tens of millions of people that are against his gun control plan. He loves to act like they don't exist and that the NRA is the only thing in his way.  That's what you call being deceptive on purpose.

And not to mention the obvious… If a criminal wants to commit a crime with a gun, they don't care if they have some stupid permit. These people are idiots.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Criminals carry without a permit already, and his officers have no idea if they are or not. So what's the problem? He should be grateful. If it wasn't for criminals, he'd be unemployed.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Mike Rallings is mostly a good guy. I know him personally.  He has quite a background, and he is a big target shooter when he gets time off.  He's been working his butt off to be honest and doesn't take much time off at all.  He has a record of calling a spade, a spade regardless of race/class.

I disagree with him on this issue, but I see where he is coming from. I think he is looking out for the best interest of his police force. We have to take it easy on him and pick the right battles at the right times. Let him make his statements and keep moving along, he's done much more good than bad.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mike Rallings is mostly a good guy. I know him personally.  He has quite a background, and he is a big target shooter when he gets time off.  He's been working his butt off to be honest and doesn't take much time off at all.  He has a record of calling a spade, a spade regardless of race/class.

I disagree with him on this issue, but I see where he is coming from. I think he is looking out for the best interest of his police force. We have to take it easy on him and pick the right battles at the right times. Let him make his statements and keep moving along, he's done much more good than bad.
View Quote

Sounds like you need to hang around a better class of people. The police force you say he’s looking out for is going to be confronting John & Jane Q Public with their new ROE, not the people in Memphis who need to be policed. We can figure out how this is going to end, and it’s going to be the law-abiding who will lose.

I hope your friendship with him is worth it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck off
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sounds like you need to hang around a better class of people. The police force you say he's looking out for is going to be confronting John & Jane Q Public with their new ROE, not the people in Memphis who need to be policed. We can figure out how this is going to end, and it's going to be the law-abiding who will lose.

View Quote
I'm friends with many Memphis police officers and can promise you that what you say is not true.  

Would you call the police if you or your family were in need?  Don't let your pride get the best of you.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Fuck off
View Quote

Now there's a nice, civil response...................  

Excepting his specific comments, I understand his concern(s). This new permitless carry allows hood rats to carry without suffering any sort of legal consequence. At least before a cop could bust them for "going armed with intent" or similar. Now, LE is SOL.

As one whom has worked the inspection station at public ranges, I can tell some stories about some seriously stupidly gun owners. Ditto for anyone whom has ever visited the Cheatham Co TWRA range.

I've opposed this bill for years. While I did nothing to prevent its passing, I also did nothing to help it passing. I just don't believe this will help gun owners. It reeks of Leonard Embody, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Fuck off
View Quote
Would you like my address?
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 12:30:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean, like the time when he joined the BLM march on the Hernando Desoto bridge?? Or ALLL that work he did trying to at LEAST get the insurance reinstated for police retirees after the city screwed them (he didn't do SQUAT)?  Seems like "picking the right battles at the right times" is having MPD sit on the northeast end of town taking radar from 5-7a.m. and 3-5p.m. while the north, west, and south leg of the 240 loop and everything INSIDE and north is a shooting gallery 24/7.  He might be a great guy and an awesome target shooter, but he's feckless as a police director.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 8:52:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You mean, like the time when he joined the BLM march on the Hernando Desoto bridge?? Or ALLL that work he did trying to at LEAST get the insurance reinstated for police retirees after the city screwed them (he didn't do SQUAT)?  Seems like "picking the right battles at the right times" is having MPD sit on the northeast end of town taking radar from 5-7a.m. and 3-5p.m. while the north, west, and south leg of the 240 loop and everything INSIDE and north is a shooting gallery 24/7.  He might be a great guy and an awesome target shooter, but he's feckless as a police director.
View Quote
Ok armchair quarterback.

How else would you have removed more than a 1000 people off of a bridge without a single injury?  I think he was pretty brilliant on that one. The time and costs it would have taken to assemble a force large enough to physically remove them from the bridge would have been huge and bad optics.

They just installed shot spotter in Orange mound this past week and now that the court system is back open, they have made over 300 arrests in recent weeks.  They have also impounded about a dozen street racers cars, including 4 drag racers that I was hearing every night out my back door.
https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2021/03/23/watch-memphis-police-discuss-operation-winter-freeze-ii/

The problem is not him, it's our weak court system that puts thugs back out on the street.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck off

Settle down boys. Perhaps you need to do this:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Settle down boys. Perhaps you need to do this:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Hissyfit-613.jpg
View Quote
George Michael is still alive?
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm friends with many Memphis police officers and can promise you that what you say is not true.  

Would you call the police if you or your family were in need?  Don't let your pride get the best of you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like you need to hang around a better class of people. The police force you say he's looking out for is going to be confronting John & Jane Q Public with their new ROE, not the people in Memphis who need to be policed. We can figure out how this is going to end, and it's going to be the law-abiding who will lose.

Nope.

We don’t call the police. They are NOT our friends, and people who cozy up to them are not to be trusted, either.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Excepting his specific comments, I understand his concern(s). This new permitless carry allows hood rats to carry without suffering any sort of legal consequence. At least before a cop could bust them for "going armed with intent" or similar. Now, LE is SOL.

As one whom has worked the inspection station at public ranges, I can tell some stories about some seriously stupidly gun owners. Ditto for anyone whom has ever visited the Cheatham Co TWRA range.

I've opposed this bill for years. While I did nothing to prevent its passing, I also did nothing to help it passing. I just don't believe this will help gun owners. It reeks of Leonard Embody, IMO.
View Quote

Your fixation with ‘hood rats’ is amusing and predictable. You know as well as anyone that they are not going to be the ones affected by this. It’s going to be law abiding people like you and me who will be impacted. MPD isn’t going to go hot on their thugs any more than they already do(which is none, from what I’ve seen), but the average citizen can expect elevated scrutiny.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't you have to be at least 21, and be able to pass a 4473 to be able to carry without a permit?  

Seems like the age aspect along would weed out most of the hoodlum types, with the felony convictions taking care of the rest.

Sounds like the same tired "blood in the streets, Shootout at the OK Corral Parking Lot" hype that's been tried, and failed, since FLA came out with their CHL in 1988 or so.

Here in Texas, Constitutional Carry is moving along, and we hope to follow Tenn and Iowa soon.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 6:33:25 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm not going to say F off, but anyone friends with that prick is no friend of mine.

Link Posted: 4/2/2021 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL

So, hood rats (blacks) dont have the right to carry?  If they are not prohibited to own, they should be able to carry. I dont care if you are black, white, yellow, rich, poor, dressed like a preacher or a rapper. Rights are for all. Anyone should be able to defend themselves.

"allows hood rats to carry without suffering any sort of legal consequence"  Also, so just carrying should initiate some legal consequence?  Just carrying? Hmmmm, that statement implies that carrying is not a RIGHT.

Carrying should be reason to be stopped and searched? LEOs are SOL? really. You support LEOs harassing citizens exercising their rights?
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nope.

We don't call the police. They are NOT our friends, and people who cozy up to them are not to be trusted, either.
View Quote
This is evidence of dealing with an illogical and highly emotional person.

If someone broke in to my house, robbed me, killed a family member, stole my car, etc... I will be calling the cops for sure!
(it's the law)

Link Posted: 4/2/2021 8:23:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm not going to say F off, but anyone friends with that prick is no friend of mine.

View Quote
The same guy that has served in the military and spends more than 6 days a week fighting criminals, that you also don't even know.  And call him a prick...
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:12:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If someone broke in to my house, robbed me, killed a family member, stole my car, etc... I will be calling the cops for sure!
(it's the law)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

We don't call the police. They are NOT our friends, and people who cozy up to them are not to be trusted, either.

(it's the law)

Don't project your emotional state on me, I'm not the slightest illogical or wound-up over your friend. I'm EXTREMELY mistrustful of the police, and will do everything in my power to keep them out of my life.

You and your friend the cop deserve each other, just don't expect anyone else here to share in your badge-bunny antics.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#24]
This is a shit show
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top