Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2020 1:25:10 AM EDT
I saw this being discussed on one of the YouTube gun channels and thought we should try it here.

It doesn't matter what you actually plan to do with your "stimulus" check as this is completely hypothetical.  

Question:  You are going to buy a gun or guns with your $1200.  Your entire $1200 being used for this.  You can't go over the $1200, none of this "I'd put a deposit down on a blah blah blah" stuff.  You can buy a $1200 gun or two $600 guns ECT.  If the gun you choose usually sells for $1300 or something that's ok, we'll assume you found it on sale.

Now.....

What would you buy?

Just off the top of my head I've been itching for a .45 acp Kimber Ultra Covert II in the grey/black urban camo.  Has the tritium night sights and Crimson Trace laser grips.  What a sweet carry gun that would be.  This gun eats the entire $1200.

Next........
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Well I'm gonna use $400.00 of it to send off the tax stamp on the two suppressors that I ordered last month and have been waiting on ATF to finally get the bugs worked out of my gun trust. And use the rest to put tires on my portable Deer/Hog blind. Does that count sense it's used for weapons transportation?
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:41:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Though it is all going right back to the IRS for taxes, If I was to buy something, probably HK45C.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Glock 19, buy RMR, mill for said RMR.

or

Dillon XL750
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#4]
You guy's know the correct answer whatever the Hell the wife want's!
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I might get a can for a rimfire, and another .22
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well I'm gonna use $400.00 of it to send off the tax stamp on the two suppressors that I ordered last month and have been waiting on ATF to finally get the bugs worked out of my gun trust. And use the rest to put tires on my portable Deer/Hog blind. Does that count sense it's used for weapons transportation?
View Quote

Doh!!  It's hypothetical, not what you are actually doing with the money.  In this scenario the money is being used to buy whatever gun you would buy if the Guvment sent you $1200 for whatever.

So, no, doesn't count.  Try again.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, let's simplify.  

It has to be used to buy a gun or guns and you must use the entire $1200.   If you chose a gun that's normally $600 you would have to choose another $600 gun or two $300 guns.  New guns with real world prices.  

Folks it's a hypothetical exercise.  For fun not reality.  Man, you guys gotta lighten up.  You're too serious lol.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

or

Dillon XL750
View Quote

Ok, that's a legal answer sort of.  Well, except for the reloading machine part.  

No accessories.  Gun/s only or this gets gets out of hand fast.  A G19 runs what new?  $600?  What gun uses the rest of the $1200?  Two G19's?
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I need a S&W M&P 2.0 compact in 9mm and a Mossberg 590.  Anything left over goes to ammo.

All of those are pipe dreams right now...
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ok, that's a legal answer sort of.  Well, except for the reloading machine part.  

No accessories.  Gun/s only or this gets gets out of hand fast.  A G19 runs what new?  $600?  What gun uses the rest of the $1200?  Two G19's?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

or

Dillon XL750

Blue labels are $398 + shipping and transfer, the RMR is about $500, milling is about $200. By the time it's all said and done that would take the whole pile.

If accessories are verboten a Glock 19 is still for sure so I could move my old one to training/backup after I proof my new one.

I have an AR so I'm good there, a gun that I'd like to have just because is a Beretta 1301 Tactical. I think ARs have taken over as the primary defensive longarm and are the most practical choice but shotguns are just cool.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:03:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Either a really nice old school Weatherby bolt gun like I used to fondle at Southwest Shooters (the ones so pretty you never shoot them) or cherry pick a really nice USGI M-1 Carbine.
I don't think there would be much left after buying either one.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:12:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I need a S&W M&P 2.0 compact in 9mm and a Mossberg 590.  Anything left over goes to ammo.

View Quote

I’ve been meaning to get a M&P compact 2.0 for sometime. I have the original full size and it’s a great pistol.

Still grail gun, is a US Property marked 1911. I missed the batch that CMP had.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ok, let's simplify.  

It has to be used to buy a gun or guns and you must use the entire $1200.   If you chose a gun that's normally $600 you would have to choose another $600 gun or two $300 guns.  New guns with real world prices.  

Folks it's a hypothetical exercise.  For fun not reality.  Man, you guys gotta lighten up.  You're too serious lol.
View Quote

This game Sucks! When I want something I have a tendency to go get it!

This is on my too do list with a few breaks.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have three gun safes full now I need accessories!!! Beside my taste have evolved to the point I would need a couple more .Gov checks! A custom Marlin with an Octagon Barrel chambered in .38/55 with Marbel sights. Or a True Shiloh Sharps but that's beyond the $1,200.00 Realm.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Got one of them (sort of). I managed to snag a used Mossy 500 ATI Tactical (older w/ bead sight) in 12ga. For $218 tax incl.  at a local pawn shop.

New can’t be had at any price at the moment.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 10:17:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

suppressors and ammo
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I would use it to finish my current AR build, and to buy an EOTech.  That will pretty much eat up the 1200.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#18]
That's better-ish.  Gotta set the bar low for y'all though lol.

I would LOVE to have a Shiloh Sharps .45-70 carbine....thats on my grail gun list.  I almost bought a fullsize one several years ago for a couple grand that came up for sale and I had extra cash but it was in 38 something and I only wanted 45-70.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 1:57:38 AM EDT
[#19]
If I got a sharps it would have to be a clone of the one used in Quigley Down Under.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 6:33:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If I got a sharps it would have to be a clone of the one used in Quigley Down Under.
View Quote

Would you get it in a 45-70 or the experimental 45-110 like Roy himself?
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#21]
That’s a tough question would probably have to go with the 45-110 just to be a purest, plus it would be fun to load for it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 1:48:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Probably have to put one of those big pads on your gun or shoulder so you don't get teary eyed after each shot.  It wouldn't be very traditional though so probably better to just take the bruises.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 9:36:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Probably have to put one of those big pads on your gun or shoulder so you don't get teary eyed after each shot.  It wouldn't be very traditional though so probably better to just take the bruises.
View Quote

Oh Hell yeah! .45/110 with No Pussy pad or shoulder tampon! Loaded Traditional black powder! An Original 1886 .50/90 would not be bad either but way out of Brandi's rules.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 9:55:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Rules never work here, it's half the fun.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 4:56:18 AM EDT
[#25]
I want a PTR MSG-91. Thats the entire stimulus check and then some.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Repay gun fund for my Wilson EDC X9L and spare mags, it will pay for about a third of it anyway.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Excellent choice
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 12:22:19 AM EDT
[#28]
I actually bought a gun.

Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:05:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Very nice, you've taken this game to the next level. Those Faxon pistols look awesome, you'll have to tell us how it shoots.  Looks like something John Wick would whip out before he baba yaga's you.

I guess it's what would you buy and what did you buy?

I'm relegated to the "would" part of the game

I'm still jonesing for that .45acp Kimber Ultra Covert II in grey.  It won't be coming anytime soon but a girl can dream.

I'd like to add a Beretta PX4 Compact 9mm to the collection one of these days.  Not as awesome as the little 1911 but far more attainable.  

Still waiting to see these SCCY DVG-1RD's hit the shelf.  Supposed to have been out by the end of the first quarter which I think has passed? I'm not sure on that.  If it proves to be problem free I'll be wanting one.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Used wifes check to buy 2  4 3/4 inch barrel uppers, 1 in 762x39, 1 in 9x39, the 556 and 300 BO, same lenght, felt lonely.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 6:47:58 PM EDT
[#31]
See if I were married it would be the other way around.  

Spouse:  Sweetheart...the statement says you spent $3k at the gun store.  This isn't right, right?

Me:  Nope, totally not right.

Spouse:  Whew, that's what I thought. I knew it had to be wrong.

Me:  Yup it's wrong.  I maxed out that account and had to put the rest on the other account.  That statement hasn't arrived yet.  So, yeah, it's wrong.  It's actually closer to $3900.

Me:   I did pick you up some underwear from Wally World so it's not like I spent it all on me.

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 8:24:37 AM EDT
[#32]
BUILT ANOTHER M 5 UPPER......$1100.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
BUILT ANOTHER M 5 UPPER......$1100.
View Quote

Is that a specific kind of upper?
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 10:30:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Completely hypothetically and assuming I could actually find one?  1895 Winchester in .405 Winchester

More realistically, Ruger PC Carbine and enough 147 grain JHP ammo (quantity and variety) to do reliability and accuracy testing in the carbine and in the Security-9 that I already have (and my other 9mms while I'm at it).
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 1:38:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Completely hypothetically and assuming I could actually find one?  1895 Winchester in .405 Winchester

More realistically, Ruger PC Carbine and enough 147 grain JHP ammo (quantity and variety) to do reliability and accuracy testing in the carbine and in the Security-9 that I already have (and my other 9mms while I'm at it).
View Quote

I have a stripped LaRue billet lower in the safe. Instead of paying down CC debt I would build another Form 1 UU upper and add a suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 2:16:51 AM EDT
[#36]
About damn time some of you guys crawled out of the woodwork.  

I'd like to have a 6.5 creedmoor but I can't even decide whether to go with a semi auto or bolt action so that's as far as that ever goes.  Don't say get both cause I can't even afford one at the moment lol.  I'm shopping for imaginary guns for now.

I've also been considering an AR pistol but I'm holding off on that until the next election.  No doubt if the demons win they will make them illegal somehow.  Probably call them machine guns or something silly

Of course then it's if I have a 5.56 AR pistol then I obviously need one in .45 acp.  And the list gets longer.  

Then there's the .30 carbine, m1 Garand and m1a I gotta have someday......
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
About damn time some of you guys crawled out of the woodwork.  

I'd like to have a 6.5 creedmoor but I can't even decide whether to go with a semi auto or bolt action so that's as far as that ever goes.  Don't say get both cause I can't even afford one at the moment lol.  I'm shopping for imaginary guns for now.

I've also been considering an AR pistol but I'm holding off on that until the next election.  No doubt if the demons win they will make them illegal somehow.  Probably call them machine guns or something silly

Of course then it's if I have a 5.56 AR pistol then I obviously need one in .45 acp.  And the list gets longer.  

Then there's the .30 carbine, m1 Garand and m1a I gotta have someday......
View Quote

Ruger American Predator plus either a KRG Bravo or MDT Orix chassis. If you watch you can get a decent deal on the RAP I found one for my buddy's kid last year for $275.00 with a decent Nikon scope but it was in .308win. I think the pawn shop owner a haggled a bit better sense the kid was bringing in money from working in the chicken houses. But it shoots pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:09:14 PM EDT
[#38]
AR 10 / M5.......
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

Ruger American Predator plus either a KRG Bravo or MDT Orix chassis. If you watch you can get a decent deal on the RAP I found one for my buddy's kid last year for $275.00 with a decent Nikon scope but it was in .308win. I think the pawn shop owner a haggled a bit better sense the kid was bringing in money from working in the chicken houses. But it shoots pretty good.
View Quote

I was thinking the Savage 110 Tactical.  Real nice rifle for the money.  Extremely accurate out of the box.  Plus I'm partial to Savage rifles.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Brandi:

I was thinking the Savage 110 Tactical.  Real nice rifle for the money.  Extremely accurate out of the box.  Plus I'm partial to Savage rifles.
View Quote

Everybody has to start somewhere. It seems like the Tacticool is holding resale value a bit better than a standard Savage or RAP.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:31:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Just in case of getting future  check, POF Rogue 308 pistol should be in my hands middle of next week. Gotta love America.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#42]
THUD! Hear that? That's reality landing on me like Skylab. Got my check and 1/2 of another, paying bills. Maybe next worldwide pandemic.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By hotdog250j:
THUD! Hear that? That's reality landing on me like Skylab. Got my check and 1/2 of another, paying bills. Maybe next worldwide pandemic.
View Quote

Mine will boomerang right back to pay this years income tax!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top