Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2022 4:57:03 PM EDT
Hi all,

I need someone to blow insulation into my attic to get it up to an R-38.
Anyone know of a reasonable/reliable contractor/tech to get the job done?

You may ask, so i will add I do not have the wherewithal and time to get it done myself.
So the help is needed.

Thanks in advance.
-CG
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#1]
R&K Insulation. 480-892-0025   ROC#323929

I'm on the west side and they did my attic last summer.  They are out of Mesa.

Premium blown in fiberglass insulation was about $100 per hundred square foot with sales tax.

Completed in about 2 hours.  Guy did a great job and managed to crawl through my vaulted trusses in the center of the house.

I used some 1\4 plywood at the attic accesses about 18" tall so no insulation falls if you have to access the attic.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
R&K Insulation. 480-892-0025   ROC#323929

I'm on the west side and they did my attic last summer.  They are out of Mesa.

Premium blown in fiberglass insulation was about $100 per hundred square foot with sales tax.

Completed in about 2 hours.  Guy did a great job and managed to crawl through my vaulted trusses in the center of the house.

I used some 1\4 plywood at the attic accesses about 18" tall so no insulation falls if you have to access the attic.
View Quote

How many inches did they blow in? Thinking about adding to my existing.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 10:19:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

How many inches did they blow in? Thinking about adding to my existing.
View Quote

About 16-18 inches over existing.  They have a couple different types to choose from.  Mine is white, looks kinda like silly string.  It is supposed to compact less over time.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Arizona contractors suck ass.

Every single fucking contractor I call...promises to show up at this or that time AND NEVER FUCKING SHOW UP!!! Forcing me to wait for their FUCKING UNPROFESSIONAL ASSES for FUCKING NOTHING!!!

Then they FUCKING GHOST ME when I reach out to follow up!!!

I've fucking had it with these worthless sacks of shit. How the fuck do you make appointments with people...then waste their time by never showing up!?!?!

I should send these assholes a bill for my WASTED FUCKING TIME.

Good luck Op. Chances are you'll have to call 50 contractors, have 10 of them promise to show up to check out the job, only 5 agree to do it... and only 1 actually shows up and does the actual job *IF YOU'RE LUCKY*
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:05:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

About 16-18 inches over existing.  They have a couple different types to choose from.  Mine is white, looks kinda like silly string.  It is supposed to compact less over time.  
View Quote
My pipes run up there.  I have considered adding extra insulation, but I have had a re-pipe, and two repairs afterward.  If I have a stack of blown in insulation, will a plumber refuse to get up there and do work?  Is blown in cellulose still a thing?

I gave up getting into attics over a decade ago, and know that if I go up there, someone will find my dead body.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My pipes run up there.  I have considered adding extra insulation, but I have had a re-pipe, and two repairs afterward.  If I have a stack of blown in insulation, will a plumber refuse to get up there and do work?  Is blown in cellulose still a thing?

I gave up getting into attics over a decade ago, and know that if I go up there, someone will find my dead body.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a roof leak, and both the roof contractor and the drywall repair guy didn't have any issues working around the loose insulation. I don't see why a plumber would have a problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top