Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2018 12:58:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Got some Menards gift cards to use when they get the one in Ames done, pretty excited for Lowes to have to competition soon.

Other than that, pretty small holiday. Just happy to be home and had nice weather. Hope the rest of the forum had a good one as well.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I was nice.  I got some really cool personal gifts from family and I purchased a very sweet Colt DOE subgun barrel assy for myself from F224.

Link Posted: 12/28/2018 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 2:09:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A Colt DOE"4gery" has always been on the wish list...since I missed out on buying the factory Colt DOE uppers that used to be sold.
View Quote
The one I got was made by Liemohn mfg.  Highly respected company and their DOE/633 assys are considered by most to be of superior quality to the Colt originals.  PLUS, it's threaded 1/2x36 from the factory!  Now the question is, pistol or SMG........or BOTH??????
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 4:06:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The one I got was made by Liemohn mfg.  Highly respected company and their DOE/633 assys are considered by most to be of superior quality to the Colt originals.  PLUS, it's threaded 1/2x36 from the factory!  Now the question is, pistol or SMG........or BOTH??????
View Quote
This are good ones, I used to have one. I hated it as a pistol and that was when I was in IL land SBRs weren't allowed back then.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll let you know after I see my family this weekend.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:48:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I thought I was pretty good this year, but so far I have gotten a small box of homemade holiday fudge and treats.

Must be that I am a grumpy reclusive curmudgeon.

I was just up in the Pella area and enjoyed your nice Christmas weather, but had to be back to work Wed.   No time to do much other than a nice scallop filled dinner at Ohana's Steakhouse.

Howdy from Bourbon filled Kentucky
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 2:55:31 AM EDT
[#8]
My kids must have been nice, they got spoiled.  But that's what grandparents and uncles etc etc are there for I guess.  They had a ball, and some toys that engrossed them so much they just wanted to play with those instead of open other presents at one point.

I got my wife a rain barrel and a bluetooth speaker for her phone.

I must have been nice.  I've been pining for a Giraud trimmer for several years - trimming is the fucking worst part of reloading.  For one reason or another, I never bought one when I had the cash. I was actually saving up now to get one though as it worked out.

But my wife got me one - it was WAY over the budget we set for each other, but she thinks I need to take more time to do stuff for myself.  So she thought this would help me be able to shoot more.  She started reading some stuff about it, and saw a lot of "I wish I would have bought one years ago" type stuff.  I didn't have the slightest idea she got it for me, until I picked up a 20ish pound box that had the tiniest bit of label stuck to it that said "Creedmoor".

But the best present that she got me was some framed photos of us all.  That made me the happiest, by far.  So now I have nice photos to look at in front of my desk while I work.  Which incidentally, is in my reloading room.  Or my reloading stuff is in my office, one way or the other.  

My wife fucking rocks.  

Hope everyone else had a great Christmas.

ETA: @slims_88 Sunday is a no go for me - Jess has to work at the vet, so I'll be taking care of the minions.  When else are you free?
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Wife and I agreed not to exchange gifts since we both pretty much buy things we want when we want them.

My family has all learned to hate gift cards over the years so we have been trying to stay away from that, what I usually do now is just make my amazon wish list public around Christmas and my wife sends a link to anyone who asks for ideas for me. Because of that I got my first set of electronic ear protection this year, and a bench rest tripod

The deals this time of year have gotten so absurd that I wind up spending a ton of money on myself when trying to gift shop for other people...
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My kids must have been nice, they got spoiled.  But that's what grandparents and uncles etc etc are there for I guess.  They had a ball, and some toys that engrossed them so much they just wanted to play with those instead of open other presents at one point.

I got my wife a rain barrel and a bluetooth speaker for her phone.

I must have been nice.  I've been pining for a Giraud trimmer for several years - trimming is the fucking worst part of reloading.  For one reason or another, I never bought one when I had the cash. I was actually saving up now to get one though as it worked out.

But my wife got me one - it was WAY over the budget we set for each other, but she thinks I need to take more time to do stuff for myself.  So she thought this would help me be able to shoot more.  She started reading some stuff about it, and saw a lot of "I wish I would have bought one years ago" type stuff.  I didn't have the slightest idea she got it for me, until I picked up a 20ish pound box that had the tiniest bit of label stuck to it that said "Creedmoor".

But the best present that she got me was some framed photos of us all.  That made me the happiest, by far.  So now I have nice photos to look at in front of my desk while I work.  Which incidentally, is in my reloading room.  Or my reloading stuff is in my office, one way or the other.  

My wife fucking rocks.  

Hope everyone else had a great Christmas.

ETA: @slims_88 Sunday is a no go for me - Jess has to work at the vet, so I'll be taking care of the minions.  When else are you free?
View Quote
Store is closed Tuesday, so depending how hungover I am, then or Fridays and Sundays are still normal days off.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Meh Christmas is about the kids. I don’t let anyone buy for me because I buy whatever I want all year long.

Kids made out like mad and wife got a new iPhone and MacBook Pro so it seems we were all good.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought and outfitted a backup MPX SBR for USPSA, bought an MPX Virtus pistol, SBR'd it, then bought a 6.75" 300blk barrel assembly and HG for it...

Merry X-mas from me to me.

I threatened to buy a corvette this year, I'm convinced this is the only reason I can get away with this nonsense.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Favorite gift I got was a sleeve of golf balls and a handwritten note from my new BIL he wants to hang out and go golfing this year.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
A sleeve of golf balls makes for a few minutes of reactive targets with a 22lr for me.

Short story:  First question my wife asked me on our blind date with my brother and his wife "Do you play golf?" and I said "No" and got up to go get some more food at the buffet, she turned to my SIL and said "This could work out".  Well 23 years later and 21 years of marriage I still haven't played golf...and if I want to make it to 22 years I won't be golfing again this year either.
View Quote
A golf course is the deliberate and willful misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

A golf course is the deliberate and willful misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.
View Quote
It's a life goal of mine to find a way to integrate golf and shooting. Lots of crossover in that Venn diagram.

Sink a putt, pull your sidearm and hit a series of steel plates. No misses, you deduct a stroke from the hole. Something like that.

Slims we gotta try to actually get out and golf together this season

My wife surprised me with tickets for OZZY OSBOURNE AND MEGADETH which I am beyond excited for. Got me two tickets, said I can take anyone, so I'm taking her.

Got some other cool stuff like a torque wrench and, LOL, an extending golf ball retriever. Another Christmas with my family this weekend in Minneapolis.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Shotgun + golf balls.

Used to be one (if not several) demo shooter's favorites. Could hook them one way or the other, etc.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 1:56:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's a life goal of mine to find a way to integrate golf and shooting. Lots of crossover in that Venn diagram.

Sink a putt, pull your sidearm and hit a series of steel plates. No misses, you deduct a stroke from the hole. Something like that.

My wife surprised me with tickets for OZZY OSBOURNE AND MEGADETH which I am beyond excited for. Got me two tickets, said I can take anyone, so I'm taking her.

Got some other cool stuff like a torque wrench and, LOL, an extending golf ball retriever. Another Christmas with my family this weekend in Minneapolis.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For sure. My main goal this year is finding a new job. I am burnt the fuck out with what I do now.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top