Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2023 1:01:48 AM EDT
Went into the Sportsman’s Warehouse in Federal Way and only saw bolt action rifles and pump action shotguns… I didn’t see any lever action rifles, but I probably missed that.

Sadly, not even a Ruger 10/22 was stocked for sale.  It’s hard to believe, but even New Jersey wasn’t this bad and that’s saying a lot about our situation in WA.

I’m sure that the only people that are happy now are the Fudds.

Sad. Truly sad.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 1:28:12 AM EDT
[#1]
We are being rotted out from within! It’s getting close to abandon ship time.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#2]
They will when ATF starts the campaign about "high-powered highly accurate sniper rifles" like the Remington 700 for instance. And the British have determined pump shotguns to be only slightly less hazardous than steak knives, so they will have to go too.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:10:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The Sportsman's in Silverdale actually had primers - shotgun and small pistol.  They wanted $8.50ish per 100 for the small pistol, and seemed to be rationing them to some limit (I didn't ask).

I think the reason you're not seeing the evil wicked guns is because everyone is buying them up.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#4]
The "fudd" guns will disappear in a  year or 2 when the semiautomatic ban fails to prevent  someone from dying due to firearms. Gotta get to utopia where death never happens.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The "fudd" guns will disappear in a  year or 2 when the semiautomatic ban fails to prevent  someone from dying due to firearms. Gotta get to utopia where death never happens.
View Quote

Please use the new terminology to discuss these bolt action rifles. You are talking about "high powered military style sniper rifles".
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Please use the new terminology to discuss these bolt action rifles. You are talking about "high powered military style sniper rifles".
View Quote
Please stop jumping ahead. That's next year's agenda.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Please stop jumping ahead. That's next year's agenda.
View Quote

Nope, it will be ammo and loading supplies.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#8]
The general consensus amung a few LGS up here is .22 semi autos will be fine. Just nit the ar15 style or ones with threaded barrels.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#9]
22lr semi auto rifles with threaded barrels should be fine. 22lr pistols with threaded barrel are now assault weapons.

That's literally what the bill says now. It's insane. It limits the rules for rifles to center-fire but the section on pistols did not.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:16:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Im pretty sure anything with a threaded barrel is considered an AW. Whether its pistol or rifle.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Here are the two sections. Note the term center fire only being used for rifles. It's also so badly written they think a forward hand grip is a muzzle device?!

(iv) A semiautomatic, center fire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:
(A) A grip that is independent or detached from the stock that protrudes...
(G) Threaded barrel designed to attach a flash suppressor, sound suppressor, muzzle break, or similar item;

And

(vi) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor,
forward handgrip, or silencer;
(B) A second hand grip;...

Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#12]
@PolarBear416

So put in that context it seems to say any non ar15 style semi auto .22s and any other rifle (lever, pump, bolt) can have a threaded barrel?

Wonder if that counts for m1 garands too? If so I see a lot of suppressed garands in washingtonians future.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:48:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@PolarBear416

So put in that context it seems to say any non ar15 style semi auto .22s and any other rifle (lever, pump, bolt) can have a threaded barrel?

Wonder if that counts for m1 garands too? If so I see a lot of suppressed garands in washingtonians future.
View Quote

Yeah garand seems ok, along with any other center fire semi auto rifle that doesn't have a detachable magazine, or any rimfire rifle, as long as it's not listed by name.

ETA there are some modern rifles that would qualify as well. Basically hunting rifles.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 11:09:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Here are the two sections. Note the term center fire only being used for rifles. It's also so badly written they think a forward hand grip is a muzzle device?!

(iv) A semiautomatic, center fire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:
(G) Threaded barrel designed to attach a flash suppressor, sound suppressor, muzzle break, or similar item;

And

(vi) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:

View Quote

If I understand this correctly. Then the Christian Arms MPR I bought a couple months ago would fall under this. (detachable mag, pistol grip and threaded barrel)
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 1:22:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If I understand this correctly. Then the Christian Arms MPR I bought a couple months ago would fall under this. (detachable mag, pistol grip and threaded barrel)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And

I believe that's a bolt action and therefore not an "assault weapon", only semis are banned.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I had a customer come in and buy 2x glocks thinking the ban included all semi auto pistols too.  I told him only if they had threaded barrels and he still proceeded to buy them.  My local Sportsmans Warehouse supposedly told him this?
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I had a customer come in and buy 2x glocks thinking the ban included all semi auto pistols too.  I told him only if they had threaded barrels and he still proceeded to buy them.  My local Sportsmans Warehouse supposedly told him this?
View Quote

Only banned if the Glock has a threaded barrel. The 22 long rifle Glock will be banned because it does have a threaded barrel I believe
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:11:29 PM EDT
[#18]
The 22lr Mark IV I use as a target pistol will become an "assault weapon" since it has a threaded barrel, meanwhile a 10/22 with a flash hider and 30rd mag is not one since a rifle has to be centerfire to be included.

Nothing about this law makes any sense.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We are being rotted out from within! It’s getting close to abandon ship time.
View Quote

You will Never look back!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top