Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2018 9:31:25 AM EDT
I was down in Oklahoma City and a fellow arfcommer and bourbon enthusiast, recommended a bottle of Weller bourbon. It was $17/ 750ml bottle.

I have only seen it once up here recently at a liquor store in Geneva, they have it for $50/ 750ml

I was wondering if anyone knew a liquor store in the Lombard/Carol Stream area that has it for close to $20/750ml bottle?

Link Posted: 11/4/2018 4:45:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I love that stuff. Liquor town on essington in Joliet usually has it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 2:53:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
ill have to check it out, is it reasonably priced?

also, love the delta elite!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:09:41 AM EDT
[#3]
30$ a bottle. There is a liquor store in minooka that supposedly has it too. At 40$. It can be hard to find.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Binny's occasionally has it. Also check with Kenwood Liquors in Homer Glen. They'll usually tell you when they expect a shipment.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you guys just seeing the green label "special reserve", the red label antique one, and/or the black label 12 year?
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Stopped there around 5 days ago, their prices are above secondary (black market) on the harder to find stuff.

Weller 12 $150
EH Taylor Rye $80

I stepped out in a hurry.

To OP,

It’s a hit or miss but binny’s has them from time to time, you usually have to ask for them (they keep them out of sight). Haven’t bought any in a couple years (stocked up when I would find them). Haven’t found any in over a year, and I go to a lot of liquor stores for craft beer releases.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Stopped there around 5 days ago, their prices are above secondary (black market) on the harder to find stuff.

Weller 12 $150
EH Taylor Rye $80

I stepped out in a hurry.

To OP,

It’s a hit or miss but binny’s has them from time to time, you usually have to ask for them (they keep them out of sight). Haven’t bought any in a couple years (stocked up when I would find them).
View Quote
damn!!!

ETA: i will have to ask next time I am at a binnys
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

damn!!!

ETA: i will have to ask next time I am at a binnys
View Quote
In today’s market $50 isn’t actually that bad (does suck that it got to this point), 750ml bottles are going for $100 all day on secondary (plus shipping if it’s not a local deal).
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#9]
that is good to know

but i don't feel its worth almost twice as much as a bottle of makers mark
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
that is good to know

but i don't feel its worth almost twice as much as a bottle of makers mark
View Quote
If your looking for a really nice bottle (in my humble opinion) that’s semi available right now at binny’s (some ran out other still have it in stock) grab an old forester 1910, they’re on sale now at binny’s for $49. I grabbed one last week, opened it and tried it, went back for 2 more on Monday.

It’s getting rave reviews on bourbon forums and social media. As soon as I finished my first pour, I knew exactly where my money went. 1920 is also getting rave reviews but I’ve honestly haven’t had it, that one is still plentiful at all the binny’s I’ve been to in the last two weeks.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are you guys just seeing the green label "special reserve", the red label antique one, and/or the black label 12 year?
View Quote
The Green label is usually available. The 107 antique (red label) is not as easy and the weller 12 (black label) you wont find on a shelf at retail. You have to have an in if you want that bottle.  Special reserve is usually easy to find. I can see if I can find you one if you want. I live in the Bloomingdale area.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The Green label is usually available. The 107 antique (red label) is not as easy and the weller 12 (black label) you wont find on a shelf at retail. You have to have an in if you want that bottle.  Special reserve is usually easy to find. I can see if I can find you one if you want. I live in the Bloomingdale area.
View Quote
if you happen to see it for a reasonable price near Bloomingdale, id greatly appreciate it if you let me know, Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#13]
If I can get it, it will be about $30 with tax.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If I can get it, it will be about $30 with tax.
View Quote
thats not terrible for this area
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

thats not terrible for this area
View Quote
That's retail for here. Gonna swing by my spot tomorrow,  if they have it do u want me to grab it for ya
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That's retail for here. Gonna swing by my spot tomorrow,  if they have it do u want me to grab it for ya
View Quote
Sure! But only if it's not to much trouble.

Thanks!

ETA: I could always go there to if you want to let me know where it is?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks again Fracs!

I was also able to score some (Weller special reserve) at a binnys in bollingbrook on Friday.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Happy to help!
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:12:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I went to the Binnys in Bloomingdale about 3 weeks ago and didn't see it there.

Does it come in the 1.75 L or only the 750 mL?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I went to the Binnys in Bloomingdale about 3 weeks ago and didn't see it there.

Does it come in the 1.75 L or only the 750 mL?
View Quote
Both
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#21]
@Panther1911

The Binny’s in Mokena at Rt.30 and Wolf road has 6 bottles in the store right now, after the 2 I just bought.

27.99 a bottle
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@Panther1911

The Binny’s in Mokena at Rt.30 and Wolf road has 6 bottles in the store right now, after the 2 I just bought.

27.99 a bottle
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Just a heads up to anyone that likes Weller Special Reserve. I know Binny's put out a bunch of cases yesterday
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just a heads up to anyone that likes Weller Special Reserve. I know Binny's put out a bunch of cases yesterday
View Quote
i was there on friday the 22nd and i didn't see any special reserve out, but when I asked for the 12 year or Antique, they saleman said that they didn't have any of that, but he would grab a bottle of special reserve if i wanted
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 1:07:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

i was there on friday the 22nd and i didn't see any special reserve out, but when I asked for the 12 year or Antique, they saleman said that they didn't have any of that, but he would grab a bottle of special reserve if i wanted
View Quote
Just grabbed a bottle of Special Reserve from Binny's in Bloomingdale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top