Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2021 6:53:17 PM EDT
The wife and I have started the process to purchase a home in Lake Las Vegas. Haven't decided if we are going to move right away, or just use it as our getaway from Kommiefornia for a while. Hope to meet some of you out on the range somewhere. If any of you care to share, do you live in that area, and if so, how do you like it?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:22:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome! You have a couple of ranges in Boulder City, Desert Sportsman (which has limited membership), and the Clark County Shooting Complex. LOTS of gun stores in town as well.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome, OP!

Any Patriot from Kommiefornia is welcome here in Nevada!

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#3]
welcome.
I can ride my bike to lake las vegas through the wetlands. Cool bike trail.
ammo is too expensive I'm getting archery stuff
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ammo is too expensive I'm getting archery stuff
View Quote

Have you tried the archery course at Clark County shooting park? It’s fun, but if you miss, you’re out $10-15 an arrow. Ask me how I know—AND I made the mistake of trying to comb the desert looking for it lol
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Boulder rifle and pistol range has an archery range as well as a few life size targets
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:22:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Have you tried the archery course at Clark County shooting park? It’s fun, but if you miss, you’re out $10-15 an arrow. Ask me how I know—AND I made the mistake of trying to comb the desert looking for it lol
View Quote

no i haven't really shot archery for years, have some nice bass pro gift cards burning a hole in my wallet though.
There was an archery range right by me behind sam boyd stadium. I believe it's still there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:16:15 AM EDT
[#7]
You will be taking my place. I am in SD and will be looking at homes tomorrow. I am single with no kids and thus have nothing holding me down to a particular place. Home buying dollars go farther up here and there is plenty of land for sale too. I want to have a home just outside Rapid City and a piece of land farther away where I can have my own private shooting range. Plus the guvnah King Butt Fuck is dragging Nevada down the kalifornia path.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:29:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You will be taking my place. I am in SD and will be looking at homes tomorrow. I am single with no kids and thus have nothing holding me down to a particular place. Home buying dollars go farther up here and there is plenty of land for sale too. I want to have a home just outside Rapid City and a piece of land farther away where I can have my own private shooting range. Plus the guvnah King Butt Fuck is dragging Nevada down the kalifornia path.
View Quote

South Dakota is on my radar and has been for a while now.

I was looking at a little dot called Saint Onge. It's about 15 miles outside of Sturgis in the Black Hills.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:29:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

no i haven't really shot archery for years, have some nice bass pro gift cards burning a hole in my wallet though.
There was an archery range right by me behind sam boyd stadium. I believe it's still there.
View Quote

I was talking about the 3-D archery walking course. It’s like golf or skeet; 36 targets at different elevations and distances, and of course, size of foam animals. I believe the total walk is a mile? It’s worth the trip!

Old video
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:48:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I was talking about the 3-D archery walking course. It’s like golf or skeet; 36 targets at different elevations and distances, and of course, size of foam animals. I believe the total walk is a mile? It’s worth the trip!

Old video
View Quote

Hi, Chiz.

Good to see you.

It's been a minute.

-Joe
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought a house in SD last week. Got myself a house in Summerset, outside of Rapid City and in the next county over. Closing is in March, so I have another 2 months left as a Nevada resident. It's gonna be weird having actual seasons, but I am ready to move away from the left coast. I am still in SD right now, and it is a balmy 25° with a very light snow drizzle. Everything up here is open, unlike in Nevada under guvnah King Butt Fuck. I am taking a bit of a gamble by moving here being a desert rat for over 20 years, but sometimes you gotta just say "fuck it" and leap into change. Different culture/attitude up here. People wave hi as I drive by. All the occupied homes I looked at had gun safes or a vault door on the gun room. Everyone who works in stores and eateries up here speaks english. Up here the worst kept trailer park is better maintained than the best one in North Las Vegas. Of all the places I have been, only one store (Menards) actually insisted on customers wearing masks. Fuck them, I am down with Fleet Farm! This is King Butt Fuck's legacy- chasing taxpayers and businesses out of Nevada.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:43:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Old video
View Quote

I'm sure I'll check it out sometime. Need to figure out what equipment I want though
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:22:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I bought a house in SD last week. Got myself a house in Summerset, outside of Rapid City and in the next county over. Closing is in March, so I have another 2 months left as a Nevada resident. It's gonna be weird having actual seasons, but I am ready to move away from the left coast. I am still in SD right now, and it is a balmy 25° with a very light snow drizzle. Everything up here is open, unlike in Nevada under guvnah King Butt Fuck. I am taking a bit of a gamble by moving here being a desert rat for over 20 years, but sometimes you gotta just say "fuck it" and leap into change. Different culture/attitude up here. People wave hi as I drive by. All the occupied homes I looked at had gun safes or a vault door on the gun room. Everyone who works in stores and eateries up here speaks english. Up here the worst kept trailer park is better maintained than the best one in North Las Vegas. Of all the places I have been, only one store (Menards) actually insisted on customers wearing masks. Fuck them, I am down with Fleet Farm! This is King Butt Fuck's legacy- chasing taxpayers and businesses out of Nevada.
View Quote

Nice. I've been contemplating a few locations, SD being one of them. I escaped the northeast partly to get away from the stupid winter weather though and it's a rough pill to swallow thinking about going back to the deep(er) freeze after being here for almost 20 years. I suppose it will be wherever I find the best employment in a good political as well as real climate.  Good luck in your adventure though, there are definitely a lot of upsides to SD these days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top