Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2018 8:50:46 PM EDT
Found a news article about the Colorado Court of Appeals. When they basically upheld the magazine ban, they did it unanimously.

I'm thinking that I can now vote "no" on all of them without thinking too much more about it. Or is there something else here that I'm not tracking?
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:55:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Found a news article about the Colorado Court of Appeals. When they basically upheld the magazine ban, they did it unanimously.

I'm thinking that I can now vote "no" on all of them without thinking too much more about it. Or is there something else here that I'm not tracking?
View Quote
From what I'm reading it was a three judge panel, not the entire compliment of judges, that performed the mental gymnastics required to strike down the appeal -

"It was a ruling by a 3-judge panel where 2 judges (Berger & Richman) are registered as Democrats and appointed by Hickenlooper and the 3rd (Roman) is registered as unaffiliated and was appointed by Owens"
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 4:49:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

From what I'm reading it was a three judge panel, not the entire compliment of judges, that performed the mental gymnastics required to strike down the appeal -

"It was a ruling by a 3-judge panel where 2 judges (Berger & Richman) are registered as Democrats and appointed by Hickenlooper and the 3rd (Roman) is registered as unaffiliated and was appointed by Owens"
View Quote
3 more idiots that get a "NO" vote from me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 5:52:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

3 more idiots that get a "NO" vote from me.
View Quote
Thanks for posting their names, waltg.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Take it with a grain of salt.  I haven't been able to verify the judges other than from comments, not actual reporting, in other threads regarding the case.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I simplified my Judges decisions by looking in the Blue Book and finding the year they were appointed.  If I saw a year they would have been appointed by Hickenlooper = Automatic 'No'
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 11:56:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks for posting their names, waltg.
View Quote
Makes it easier.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 12:39:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Clear the bench has done a bit of digging on Gabriel and the court of appeals judges - Clear the bench judicial evaluations
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#8]
What about Supreme Justice Gabriel?  Yay or nay?
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I got the "unanimous" thing from the Colorado Springs Gazette. But looking back, the article wasn't clear about whether the unanimous vote was by a three-judge panel or by the court sitting en banc.

Anyway, that's a vote against Richman. The other two aren't on my ballot.

Judges Rankin-Freyre and Harris are both Hickenloser appointees, and can kick rocks just because I believe in guilt by association. I'm thinking the same applies to Justice Gabriel, not to mention that he also voted to chop some big holes in TABOR, according toClear the Bench.

Oh, and Judge Dailey wrote the ruling that Dudders' lawsuit against Hickenloser, for the magazine ban, could go forward. I'm voting 'yes' for him entirely because of that, which makes him my only 'yes' among the appellate judges.

Now, for Adams County and the 17th Judicial District judges: Does anybody have any insight beyond "vote based on who appointed them"?
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 1:26:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Only two judges voted out.  Judge Acker in the El Paso County court and Judge Douglass in the 18th judicial district.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top