Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2022 10:52:25 PM EDT
Yesterday ended the 2nd weekend in April.  One Machine Gun Shoot is lost to history.  I hope there isn't another loss in October.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#2]
It hurt me this weekend.

Link Posted: 4/12/2022 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yesterday ended the 2nd weekend in April.  One Machine Gun Shoot is lost to history.  I hope there isn't another loss in October.
View Quote

There will be no more knob creek machinegun shoots.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:23:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Hearing different stories about an outside interest taking over a future machine gun shoot in the future.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:12:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hearing different stories about an outside interest taking over a future machine gun shoot in the future.
View Quote

Unless Kenny sold the place, he told me directly while he owns in there will be no more mg shoots of any kind.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Unless Kenny sold the place, he told me directly while he owns in there will be no more mg shoots of any kind.
View Quote

I would never say you were wrong but money does have a way of changing minds.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 2:47:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know what I offered him and he countered me with.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I was at the last shoot hauling ammo and stuff with my military mule. The crowd was unbelievable both days and so much traffic they shut down the road for a bit. The campground was full and a mud pit to boot but nobody seemed to mind. It was a great time and lots of people saying they were trying to get Kenny to keep it going. The letter they sent out said they were just tired and I have no doubt that is true. I'm sure it takes a great deal of time and money to put on the show. Myself and the other mule skinners are surely gonna miss it.

Mine is the covered mule with the Gadsden flag on the back.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:15:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ive heard so many conflicting stories about what Kenny was saying at the last shoot.

I'm not pretending to be an insider or best friends with him and I didnt try to make some business deal.

But I was in the shop on Friday afternoon of the last shoot buying a few gifts for family and he happen to be standing around the counter with one of the ladies running the register and I was talking about how sad it was and how many memories ive had with my dad and brother coming to the shoot, it was the only trip we ever got to take that was just us guys.

At that point Kenny said he was trying to work something out for the future.
Then the lady running the register said they were trying to plan some type of thing down the road and that the huge crowd showed them how much people really loved it.

What that means, no clue.
I'm hoping they at least have a huge "machine gun show" at the least. I know several MG owners would get together to swap parts and sell stuff.

For me the gun show was the biggest attraction anyway.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you saying he has the shopped priced high because he doesn't want to sell unless he is blown over with an offer?

Also, do you/anybody know if all the people that worked the show, security, ticket sales, people directing traffic, etc. were paid or volunteers?
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 10:23:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Are you saying he has the shopped priced high because he doesn't want to sell unless he is blown over with an offer?

Also, do you/anybody know if all the people that worked the show, security, ticket sales, people directing traffic, etc. were paid or volunteers?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All Staff wearing KCR range staff or security shirts were all paid. The VAST majority were longtime members. I worked security for a few shows. You started out on third shift guard duty. it was fucking cray cray on Friday and Saturday night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top