Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2020 9:58:31 PM EDT
It will be interesting to see what comes up.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#1]
probably gun control as always
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 12:42:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
probably gun control as always
View Quote

Way less of a leg to stand on than in previous years, the local .gov has proven it’s complete inability to protect citizens
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 2:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Way less of a leg to stand on than in previous years, the local .gov has proven it’s complete inability to protect citizens
View Quote

The Democrats don't care!
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've already read that Walz is going to push union contract changes with police so it's easier to fire and not have them get their jobs back by arbitrator.  I hope the republicans stand strong and either say no or make it for all public unions, not just police.  Make it a bitter pill for the democrats to swallow.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 11:19:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've already read that Walz is going to push union contract changes with police so it's easier to fire and not have them get their jobs back by arbitrator.  I hope the republicans stand strong and either say no or make it for all public unions, not just police.  Make it a bitter pill for the democrats to swallow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a great idea.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:53:13 AM EDT
[#6]
All public unions must be vaporized.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I was one of the Northwest pilots who ran the 1998 pilot strike.

It would be my guess that 80-90% of all private sector union members would agree with eliminating public sector unions. As a friend of mine said about the Minneapolis Police Department:

"Worked with the chief and many others at the command rank in my years there with the USSS.  They have always had a problem with 'thumpers'.

That said, the mayors et al. have always been anti-police thus a very strong union developed."

It also looks like Mr. Floyd may have died from excited delirium and not a crushed windpipe.

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Muderapolis is a shit hole from top to bottom.

The union in MPLS has done ZERO to remove problems and I know of too many former MPLS cops who said it was only a matter of time before we had our own "Rodney King"  moment.

Justine Damond didn't die from drugs. Police in the city still are spinning that as the victims fault.

Good cops or not, shitbirds on the force are impossible to remove. And the thin blue line only makes it worse. The union refuses to do the right thing, even in the most abusive situations.

[Do not read into my post that all cops are bad... Blah blah blah, but don't say you are a "good cop" when you selectively choose which laws should be followed]
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 12:07:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top