Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2022 1:07:25 AM EDT
But all good things must come to an end.  I just pulled the last moving truck in to the new house in Ohio.  It's been a blast guys, @wolfpack, @dq15, @vegasego, @crapshoot, and all the rest, take care and good luck!  I guess the good news is someone on the waitlist at Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club can have my spot.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:54:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:57:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on popping smoke and a successful extraction.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wolfpack:
Congrats! Why the move? Retiring? Give us some details.....
View Quote

Things are just getting a little too crazy out that way. My daughter is almost school aged and we couldn't afford private schools. Plus, we have a bunch of family out this way. There are a lot of things I will miss, but this really was the best choice.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 5:19:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wolfpack] [#4]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#5]

We are in the same boat. We moved to Pioche for the exact same reason.
View Quote

whats that like? OP good luck, we are doing the same soon, washoe county is becoming a  overfilled toilet.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:43:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 2:22:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StanleySpidowski] [#7]
Originally Posted By 47hooker:

whats that like? OP good luck, we are doing the same soon, washoe county is becoming a  overfilled toilet.
View Quote

Washoe is a shithole,I feel so bad for every kid that has to attend their schools.All they teach is wokeness and diversityequity
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#8]

We love it. We have 5 acres bordering BLM land on 2 sides....dont need to lock the vehicles at night. My son went to school for the first time here today and loved it....thats why we made the move.

View Quote

thats cool. I would not mind living there , or even some parts of state that are very  remote. My issue  I need to be at least 1 hour to the nearest VA.  most of the other shit is done over the phone.  Do you guys get a big haul of groceries once a month? idk where you would go like walmart or costco vegas?
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:38:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By StanleySpidowski:

Washoe is a shithole,I feel so bad for every kid that has to attend their schools.All they teach is wokeness and diversityequity
View Quote

just give it a few more years, or hell give it to after the elections it will take a nosedive
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:23:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StanleySpidowski] [#10]

just give it a few more years, or hell give it to after the elections it will take a nosedive
View Quote

LOL! It augered in when Covid started. Locals think that because its not as bad as California, its ok. NV has lost all its conservatives that actually stick to their beliefs.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#11]

LOL! It augered in when Covid started. Locals think that because its not as bad as California, its ok. NV has lost all its conservatives that actually stick to their beliefs.
View Quote

most of it. I was not around during covid at least not here. I was  still in the military  in WA state. I missed all the fun BLM riots and "protests"
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:54:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StanleySpidowski] [#12]

most of it. I was not around during covid at least not here. I was  still in the military  in WA state. I missed all the fun BLM riots and "protests"
View Quote

Yea the mayor let those thugs burn the flag flying in front of the PD. The very PD who protects her. Actually the Sheriff had to come downtown to turn out the lights for them.FHS
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Yea the mayor let those thugs burn the flag flying in front of the PD. The very PD who protects her. Actually the Sheriff had to come downtown to turn out the lights for them.FHS
View Quote

damn. pathetic. crazy man. washoe county really turned into a giant overfilled toilet since I moved here in 08.   Pioche is way out there, I actually dig baker, and ely alot. eureka as well as austin.  always wanted to get some land in palomino valley,  we were this year and we were going to add a barndiminum as well, but no way.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:57:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:21:54 AM EDT
[#15]

damn. pathetic. crazy man. washoe county really turned into a giant overfilled toilet since I moved here in 08.   Pioche is way out there, I actually dig baker, and ely alot. eureka as well as austin.  always wanted to get some land in palomino valley,  we were this year and we were going to add a barndiminum as well, but no way.
View Quote
 Yea there are still cool places in NV and you mentioned some.Washoe aint one. Unfortunately the education standards are made at the state level and all Nevadas children will be learning wokeness. The school boards will say they have no choice.Never another dime will I spend in Washoe,Id rather run out of gas and walk to the next county.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#16]

I still go to Vegas 2 days a week to run my pool service business so getting supplies isn't an issue. Even without that Cedar City has a Wal-Mart and that's only like 1 1/2 hours away. Pioche just had a small grocery open in the last year and it looks like a number of new businesses are about to open on Main St....kind of a boom.
View Quote

how is the sheriff there? very pro 2a?  do you know your neighbors?  do they have a volunteer fire dept there as well?
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#17]

how is the sheriff there? very pro 2a?  do you know your neighbors?  do they have a volunteer fire dept there as well?
View Quote

We will be getting a new sheriff this Nov. Our local LEO are typically pro 2a. I live in town and WP knows me. We have a pretty well epuiped VOL dept.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Greyknight:
But all good things must come to an end.  I just pulled the last moving truck in to the new house in Ohio.  It's been a blast guys, @wolfpack, @dq15, @vegasego, @crapshoot, and all the rest, take care and good luck!  I guess the good news is someone on the waitlist at Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club can have my spot.
View Quote

miss us yet?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top