Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2022 6:10:22 PM EDT
I have a routine doctor appointment coming up in a few days.  I got a text message reminding me of the appointment.  The text also said I will be required to wear a mask for the entire time that I am in the building because it is a health care facility.  Can that possibly be true?  Is it time for me to choose a new doctor?
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#1]
This is common. Most doctors offices, hospitals, etc. still require them.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:24:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Been to several lately, and they all require face diapers.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 8:13:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, had to get a Cat scan at St. Joe's in ponticrack yesterday, and you also have to go through this temp taking thing. The "good thing" I've noticed is that they have given up on being total mask Nazis on wearing it correctly,YMMV though, but you can't get away with those "fake" mask's that are just mesh (like you could in a store), trust me, I tried.

For the last year and a half or so, My Doc has been concerned over my blood pressure being so high, then I had an 'epiphany' and explained that I was just so pissed over all the covid theater as that was the only place I had to play their game--this same office in late 2020 had those health and wellness tid bits (exercise, stop eating salt, eat healthy) that played while you were on hold, had a segment during Flu season about the Flu being deadlier then covid--I about dropped the phone--I have thrown it back in their face (while being reprimanded over the fake mask) and just got stared at like like I was the idiot

It does make me wonder if we're just going to do this shit forever now
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yep, had to get a Cat scan at St. Joe's in ponticrack yesterday, and you also have to go through this temp taking thing. The "good thing" I've noticed is that they have given up on being total mask Nazis on wearing it correctly,YMMV though, but you can't get away with those "fake" mask's that are just mesh (like you could in a store), trust me, I tried.

For the last year and a half or so, My Doc has been concerned over my blood pressure being so high, then I had an 'epiphany' and explained that I was just so pissed over all the covid theater as that was the only place I had to play their game--this same office in late 2020 had those health and wellness tid bits (exercise, stop eating salt, eat healthy) that played while you were on hold, had a segment during Flu season about the Flu being deadlier then covid--I about dropped the phone--I have thrown it back in their face (while being reprimanded over the fake mask) and just got stared at like like I was the idiot

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I plan to double mask for the foreseeable future.  One never knows when and what new strains of flu will come along next.

MHO, YMMV, etc.  Be well.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I do not know of any medical facility that does require it as it’s a convergence point for sick and unhealthy people either with the 19 or super vulnerable to the 19. It’s probably one of the few places I agree with masks at this time
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 8:50:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I’ve got my annual physical next week and I won’t wear a mask just like I didn’t wear one last year. They never said a word.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies.  I’ll keep my appointment and my doctor.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a dentist appointment March 2021 and never wore a mask.  Everybody else was.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had a dentist appointment March 2021 and never wore a mask.  Everybody else was.
View Quote

Probably would have been difficult for the dentist to do his job if you had been wearing a mask.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Just spent most of the day at Beaumont Oakwood hospital, old bitty at the desk this morning grumbled at me about not having my face diaper pulled all the way up.  

Pulled it up, walked past her, and let it droop back down.  About half the employees there had droopy diapers too, and nobody else said a word to me.

Once we got into the room, masks came off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top