Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2021 9:12:26 PM EDT
And it is the best floor vote we could expect, a straight pass of HB1927.  The committee passed it 5-1.  Now our job is to deliver the votes they don’t think we have.  We are way far ahead of the game to even be having this discussion.  We’ve got to identify and focus on the Texas Senate. We’re going to a floor vote - where do we need to concentrate?
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:09:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the update. My search skills are lacking tonight, and I can’t find the committee voting record. I’m just curious to know who the lone vote against it was.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Write your senators especially if they are the ones questionable on this. Express that if they do not vote for it you and some of your friends will pay the filing fee for a primary opponent. Hell if enough people do it, maybe we could get a Democrat defection to our side; there were a few who supported it in the house.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:16:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got back home, had to do some work in Homeland Security committee. That way all you need to do is carry your handgun in a holster, not just belt or shoulder holster.

Guys on board

Hall
Hughes
Creighton
Paxton
Hancock
Kolkhorst
Birdwell
Buckingham
Perry
Springer
Campbell

Schwertner
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:07:47 PM EDT
[#4]
The Senator to focus on, as they have not yet announced their position are:

Nelson
Taylor
Huffman
Seliger
Nichols

And keep the heat coming in on LTG Patrick.  It is the working far more than you think it is based on a voicemail message or comments left with his nice secretary.  Think blowtorch on ice.  

Great work on contacting your reps.  We are a floor vote away from the second biggest state in the country going to Constitutional Carry.  Another two weeks could push it over the finish line.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:21:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m in Taylor’s district.  Time to call and email.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:34:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Does it matter if your in these senator's district, regarding calling and asking them to support this bill?
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes please.   I am pretty sure he will vote yes, but some input from his voters will help.  Holler at me if you need any contact information.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:39:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does it matter if your in these senator's district, regarding calling and asking them to support this bill?
View Quote

No, you can still contact them of course and ask them them to support CC.  It won’t carry as much weigh as from a constituent, but outside money / effort plays a role in many races anymore.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I have phoned Huffman 4 times, spoke to a staff member once and written 3 emails to her in the last 6 weeks with no response on where she stands.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 1:49:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nelson
Taylor
Huffman
Seliger
Nichols

And keep the heat coming in on LTG Patrick.  It is the working far more than you think it is based on a voicemail message or comments left with his nice secretary.  Think blowtorch on ice.  

Great work on contacting your reps.  We are a floor vote away from the second biggest state in the country going to Constitutional Carry.  Another two weeks could push it over the finish line.
View Quote

Not just going constitutional carry; but HB1927 CC - which is about ten years ahead of what they’d like to give us. I’m not saying that’s entirely Arfcom; but it is a lot more than I expected to see.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:55:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Seliger's guy in Big Spring keeps saying "He's waiting to see what comes out of committee"
Well, We're here . What now ?
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nelson
Taylor
Huffman
Seliger
Nichols

View Quote

(A) Miss Helen (LT. Governor Patricks Phone Staffer is a SUPER NICE older Lady).   Please be respectful & friendly and you'll find that your calls & messages DO get through to him!

Like all things in life, I'd bet that "Nice People" get ahead and any A-Holes got thrown in the trash...

Just tell him (Via Ms. Helen) Politely & Professionally that you are a "Single Issue Voter" and THIS HB 1927 is THE Single Issue you are focused upon for this legislative session.   Be sure to THANK Lt. Governor Patrick for the "Special Committee" hearing.    I thought it was a derailment plan to sideline us, but it went extremely well and we have Huge Momentum 5-1 to carry forward to the Senate Floor.

(B) URGENT PRIORITIZAION at this point is that we do need to focus on the "MIA FIVE" above to make Constitutional Carry HAPPEN for Texas in 2021!!

If You had to ask (A) or (B), it is MORE Important to REALLY do (B) & Reach OUT to the SENATORs than to the Lt. Governor.   He got us a Great Special Committee & we kicked Ass!

If he knows he has the "VOTES" line up FOR HB 1927, then it will be a very easy decision to move the Vote Forward in the State Senate and then onto the Governor's Desk for Signature into law!  Quick & Easy WIN for him, but we need to do OUR Part and CONTACT State Senators to move this forward!

LET's GET 'UR DONE!!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:25:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Seliger's guy in Big Spring keeps saying "He's waiting to see what comes out of committee"
Well, We're here . What now ?
View Quote

You may see a change this afternoon, the vote was take around 5:30 or so last night.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Just sent another e-mail to Senator Taylor.

Senator Taylor,
I am contacting you again to ask about your position on HB1927. Do you support it?
It is far past time for Texas to join the many other states that have had Constitutional Carry and to remind you that none of the gloom and doom being spouted by the anti gun lobbies has ever, nor will ever come to be. 
I ask that you please support it and help move it forward in any way that you can.
Thank you, Sir, for your attention in this matter. It is my number one voting concern currently and it will dictate my future support. You have had my prior vote and I would like nothing more than to continue to do so. 
View Quote

As stated above in another post, LT. Governor Patrick's secretary, Helen, is a very nice lady. I also believe a respectful request to her will be a great way to keep his ear on the right side of this issue.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nelson
Taylor
Huffman
Seliger
Nichols

View Quote

I texted the Lt Gov this morning.  Didn't care for his response.  He needs more calls and emails.  So does Huffman.  Be respectful but firm.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nelson
Taylor
Huffman
Seliger
Nichols

View Quote

https://senate.texas.gov/directory.php  Hit em up.  I sent notes to the Senator for my district and to Patrick.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 2:04:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I texted the Lt Gov this morning.  Didn't care for his response.  He needs more calls and emails.  So does Huffman.  Be respectful but firm.
View Quote

I don’t fully understand all the ins and outs of how we ended up where we are.   On the one hand it’s seemed like  Patrick has had to be dragged to any level of support for CC.

Yet, the committee he set up just to hear CC could not have been more favorable to it.   It dedicated a full day till 730 pm to hear it, and a time when Senator time is super valuable.  It was stacked with 5 strong pro gun Senators, and 2 non nuts Dems.  It passed it to consideration to the floor in one day, without changes to the house bill.  As a gun rights supporter, there could be no more favorable outcome that what happened last night.  The Senators came out and posed for a group picture with us GOA rabble rousers.  

So it’s hard to say.   Maybe Patrick Patrick have planned on the brand new CC bill being  the one to be heard, not 1927, but that plan blew up from too much heat, so to his chagrin the house bill was heard and advanced.  

What he won’t allow is to have CC fail if he gets the blame.  So when you call, both thank him for setting the committee up and it passing, and say you are counting on him to push CC across the finish line.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Just called LTG Patrick’s office, and left a message with his nice secretary.  

Remember, thank him for setting the committe up and getting CC advanced, and say we’re counting on him to get it passed.  

That sets him up with either credit if it passed or blame it it fails.

(512) 463-0001

Super easy to call, and Helen is a Texas treasure.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 2:21:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://senate.texas.gov/directory.php  Hit em up.  I sent notes to the Senator for my district and to Patrick.
View Quote

Good man.  I’ve heard from those that have talked to LTG Patrick that the calls and emails are working, far more that it may seem when you call and leave a message.  They are kryptonite to him
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What he won’t allow is to have CC fail if he gets the blame.  So when you call, both thank him for setting the committee up and it passing, and say you are counting on him to push CC across the finish line.
View Quote

Good advice.  I  would however add that this is a TX Republican priority and you expect him to get it across the finish line.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#21]
“At this point in time, what we have is a bunch of ‘I gotcha’s,and this is my opinion as a criminal defense attorney of about 15 years – this is a criminal justice reform bill and I urge you to support it to keep people out of jail for no reason whatsoever.”
Rep Terry Cananes (D)

Democratic Senators need to be contacted also.  Use Canales' approach.  This is a criminal reform bill.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:12:03 AM EDT
[#22]
The Houston Chronicle (Pravda of the PetroMetro) is in Full On MELTDOWN over the Likelyhood that HB 1927 will reach the Senate and thus become Law.

They had a retired faux "republican" author a full 1/2 page editorial (to show that even "republicans" object to irresponsible weakening of Texas Gun Laws) LOL!

Then Erica Grieder who is their on staff Leftist who never heard any Gun Rights Restrictions she wasn't Rabidly for, then wrote a FULL PAGE article using LOTS of quotes from the Mommies, but oddly for a "journalist" not quoting or evidently even talking to a SINGLE Supporter of the Bill...   How oddly "Unbalanced" the Leftist Media seems to have become over this...

Anyway - the Take Away is that 18 Senators have to be onboard to introduce the Bill into the Texas Senate, and there are exactly 18 Texas Republican Senators, so it is pretty transparent that the Democrats / Mommies will try to focus on the Weakest Link and try to get a Republican Senator to NOT support the bill (They don't have to oppose it - just NOT support bringing it to a Vote).

We need EVERYONE to CALL YOUR TEXAS SENATOR (Republican or Democrat) MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY & FRIDAY (if need be) to VOTE FOR HB 1927 - "Constitutional Carry"...

There were Democrats in the Texas House who voted FOR HB 1927 when it passed there, and we can't automatically "write off" anyone of either party (R) or (D) at this point!

I've been putting the heat on my Clearlake Senator (Larry Taylor) and nice likeable guy, but if he doesn't get OFF the Fence and ONTO the Posse to push HB 1927 across the finish line, then he's finished as far as I'm concerned.

We need EVERYONE to CALL YOUR TEXAS SENATOR MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY & FRIDAY (if need be) to VOTE FOR HB 1927 - "Constitutional Carry"...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 6:28:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The Houston Chronicle (Pravda of the PetroMetro) is in Full On MELTDOWN over the Likelyhood that HB 1927 will reach the Senate and thus become Law.

They had a retired faux "republican" author a full 1/2 page editorial (to show that even "republicans" object to irresponsible weakening of Texas Gun Laws) LOL!

Then Erica Grieder who is their on staff Leftist who never heard any Gun Rights Restrictions she wasn't Rabidly for, then wrote a FULL PAGE article using LOTS of quotes from the Mommies, but oddly for a "journalist" not quoting or evidently even talking to a SINGLE Supporter of the Bill...   How oddly "Unbalanced" the Leftist Media seems to have become over this...

Anyway - the Take Away is that 18 Senators have to be onboard to introduce the Bill into the Texas Senate, and there are exactly 18 Texas Republican Senators, so it is pretty transparent that the Democrats / Mommies will try to focus on the Weakest Link and try to get a Republican Senator to NOT support the bill (They don't have to oppose it - just NOT support bringing it to a Vote).

We need EVERYONE to CALL YOU TEXAS SENATOR (Republican or Democrat) MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY & FRIDAY (if need be) to VOTE FOR HB 1927 - "Constitutional Carry"...

There were Democrats in the Texas House who voted FOR HB 1927 when it passed there, and we can't automatically "write off" anyone of either party (R) or (D) at this point!

I've been putting the heat on my Clearlake Senator (Larry Taylor) and nice likeable guy, but if he doesn't get OFF the Fence and ONTO the Posse to push HB 1927 across the finish line, then he's finished as far as I'm concerned.

We need EVERYONE to CALL YOU TEXAS SENATOR MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY & FRIDAY (if need be) to VOTE FOR HB 1927 - "Constitutional Carry"...

https://i.gifer.com/vQl.gif

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

Start calling today! I will be at the Capitol this morning.

With Democrats this is a criminal justice reform bill, one amendment already in HB 1927 from the house is if you had a conviction for simply unlawful carrying your record is expunged. Also there is a requirement that DPS keep records and present to the House any increases of crime caused by Constitutional Carry.

Keep calling every day.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 4:01:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I called and asked for the bill to be approved and forwarded to the governor for signature.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Good man, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:10:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Bettencourt is a problem. Light him up.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:18:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Kel Seliger has been getting called daily.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:09:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Keep up the calls, e mails. I hope HB 1927 makes it to the floor tomorrow, if not Thursday. Trying to stop a bunch of poison pill amendments as of tonight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top