Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2018 11:19:28 PM EDT
Does anybody know an attorney who would be willing to sponsor Nolo? They wouldn't be expected to do any of the grunt work, just get him into the system so he doesn't have to get admitted to the VT bar.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:51:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Does anybody know an attorney who would be willing to sponsor Nolo? They wouldn't be expected to do any of the grunt work, just get him into the system so he doesn't have to get admitted to the VT bar.
View Quote

Did anyone get through to the attorney that the gun groups are using?  I was pretty surprised to see GoVT say “we’ve already got an attorney”.
I think everyone involved would appreciate help from Nolo, hopefully he’s given a chance if he’s willing to do it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Nolo prefers to operate on his own. One of the issues with VT is it is a very small state and most attorneys of repute know one another. That MIGHT mean that they have divided loyalties. Yes, they will zealously advocate for their client, but they also have to worry about their relationships after the case is over. That MIGHT prevent them from taking things as far as they can. I know I see it with my wife when she formulates her strategies. She practices in Western MA with an equally small and tight knit legal community. There are times she holds back on certain options because she might feel a backlash toward her future clients. Again, that's not to say they don't zealously advocate, just that they exercise a level of caution that outside counsel might not be as concerned with.

I think MULTIPLE legal avenues are our best approach.

Last night Hale Mountain voted to donate $1,000 to the local lawsuit, and I voted in favor of that. I still want to see Nolo press his own case.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Last night Hale Mountain voted to donate $1,000 to the local lawsuit, and I voted in favor of that. I still want to see Nolo press his own case.
View Quote
So do I, and I'm the guy who made the motion for HM to make that donation.

I also want want to buy Nolo a beverage of choice, if I ever meet him. He's done more for us than anybody else I can think of.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 3:01:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the update, hopefully someone can be found without too much hassle.  I'm hopeful about the local guys but I too would be very happy to see Nolo in VT.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody got a list of pro-2A Vermont attorneys available? From NRA, USCCA, or some such? Might give Hiram a list to make some calls from.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:48:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sprocket99:

Anybody got a list of pro-2A Vermont attorneys available? From NRA, USCCA, or some such? Might give Hiram a list to make some calls from.
View Quote
He's not in VT, but when I lived in MA, Keith Langer was the number one as far as I know. He helped a few people I know get their Class A LTC in towns where it was generally not done. For those who don't know, MA left (still leaves?) the final licensing decision up to the Chief of Police of the applicant's residence or business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top