Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2018 4:41:07 AM EDT
I'm not able to buy it over the internet, because no credit card and that's not going to change, and SG and the other places don't accept money orders.

I know that there's UNammo in Glendale, and I go there sometimes, but I want to buy 1,000 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense, and they don't have it and never will. I can go to Sportsman's Warehouse or Bass Pro and pay 90-something cents per round plus tax, and they don't knock anything off for buying in bulk.

Does anyone know of a place in the valley where you can buy factory loaded American made quality ammo in bulk at bulk prices?
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 4:58:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you a CA resident? Your location shows USA and I don't think that I've seen you post in here at all. Is that the real reason for not online ordering?

You can pay with a debit card, they all should be VISA or Mastercard these days because online shopping is an actual thing these days.

But for whatever reason you don't like having a card, have you ever tried to use a CC gift card? Use it online and discard when zeroed out.

How do you even use an ATM without a card? Anyways, J&G up here sells ammunition by the case. Just a few days ago asked what bulk specials they had and bought a 500 round case of 9x19.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 5:43:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you a CA resident? Your location shows USA and I don't think that I've seen you post in here at all. Is that the real reason for not online ordering?

You can pay with a debit card, they all should be VISA or Mastercard these days because online shopping is an actual thing these days.

But for whatever reason you don't like having a card, have you ever tried to use a CC gift card? Use it online and discard when zeroed out.

How do you even use an ATM without a card? Anyways, J&G up here sells ammunition by the case. Just a few days ago asked what bulk specials they had and bought a 500 round case of 9x19.
View Quote
I'm in the Mesa/AJ area. I have a credit card and an ATM, that's not the problem, I just don't want to use them to buy stuff online, so I avoid it when I can, especially when it's guns, ammo, accessories, etc. I never thought about using one of those CC gift cards though, that's a great idea. Are you talking about the kind they sell at the grocery stores and the like? I'm going to have to give that a look.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:37:20 AM EDT
[#3]
May want to pick up some with that prepaid card because it just sounds strange.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
May want to pick up some with that prepaid card because it just sounds strange.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have Card, why the resistance to use it online?

Is there a zero balance because all you cash is in coffee cans buried in the yard?
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm in the Mesa/AJ area. I have a credit card and an ATM, that's not the problem, I just don't want to use them to buy stuff online, so I avoid it when I can, especially when it's guns, ammo, accessories, etc. I never thought about using one of those CC gift cards though, that's a great idea. Are you talking about the kind they sell at the grocery stores and the like? I'm going to have to give that a look.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look into the "onevanilla" prepaid cards they sell em at walmart, walgreens etc. its like 6 bucks to activate and there are no fees other than the cash you put on them.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:43:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm not able to buy it over the internet, because no credit card and that's not going to change, and SG and the other places don't accept money orders.

I know that there's UNammo in Glendale, and I go there sometimes, but I want to buy 1,000 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense, and they don't have it and never will. I can go to Sportsman's Warehouse or Bass Pro and pay 90-something cents per round plus tax, and they don't knock anything off for buying in bulk.

Does anyone know of a place in the valley where you can buy factory loaded American made quality ammo in bulk at bulk prices?
View Quote
Howie at  UN ammo marks it up pretty good ,your better off getting a friend with a credit card to help you out and order ammo on line .
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Why won't you use a CC to buy things online?
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why won't you use a CC to buy things online?
View Quote
Either he doesn't want the other half to know or he'll be hen pecked to death about it...or he's extremely paranoid about it
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#10]
The no credit card thing is kind of dumb. You could buy a pre-paid visa and use that. Sgammo.com is probably going to be the most consistent source of well priced ammo. Those prices will beat the shit out of local sources too.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Because of Rizzo's ammo tax on bulk ammo.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 12:43:27 AM EDT
[#12]
It’s 2018 learn to use your atm card like an adult
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 12:48:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Now, now guys, this isn't GD. Let's give our neighbor a chance to explain himself if he so chooses.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 1:29:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I like these guysTRUE SHOT GUN CLUB, IN TEMPE, AZ

I also LOVE the 165 grain 9mm that UNAC sells.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 1:35:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It’s 2018 learn to use your atm card like an adult
View Quote
HA! I was sitting in a lobby watching a pack of Millennials wait for their Uber the other day and I thought the same thing, except it was, "GROW THE FUCK UP AND GET A FUCKING CAR!!!"
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 1:42:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Now, now guys, this isn't GD. Let's give our neighbor a chance to explain himself if he so chooses.
View Quote
Finally, a white knight has arrived! Kidding.

Okay, since it has become such a source of rumor and speculation, I'll let you guys in on the deep dark truth. I just went to contract on a home, and as such I'm not doing ANYTHING with my credit cards until I'm sitting in a new home. I know I could just buy whatever I want and then pay it off, but have you guys dealt with a loan underwriter lately? It doesn't help that most of our income comes from being self employed (they hate it when you make up your own job), but suppose I continue using them and then something happens that prevents me from paying it off, or some well-meaning-but-fat-fingered idiot at the ammo store puts me down for more than I wanted, and then I don't pay it and it winds up in collections, the possibilities are infinite. We froze the credit cards and we're not unfreezing them until after we're in the new place, or if we have an emergency, figuring that that was the best way to prevent them from being stolen or anything. So there it is, I'm not a member of the tinfoil berets, nor am I a sovereign citizen, nor a Nazi who bitterly avoids usury. I'm probably henpecked by some people's standards, but that's not an issue when it comes to money. I'm just trying to make it through escrow.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 2:08:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Okay, since it has become such a source of rumor and speculation, I'll let you guys in on the deep dark truth. I just went to contract on a home, and as such I'm not doing ANYTHING with my credit cards until I'm sitting in a new home. I know I could just buy whatever I want and then pay it off, but have you guys dealt with a loan underwriter lately? It doesn't help that most of our income comes from being self employed (they hate it when you make up your own job), but suppose I continue using them and then something happens that prevents me from paying it off, or some well-meaning-but-fat-fingered idiot at the ammo store puts me down for more than I wanted, and then I don't pay it and it winds up in collections, the possibilities are infinite. We froze the credit cards and we're not unfreezing them until after we're in the new place, or if we have an emergency, figuring that that was the best way to prevent them from being stolen or anything. So there it is, I'm not a member of the tinfoil berets, nor am I a sovereign citizen, nor a Nazi who bitterly avoids usury. I'm probably henpecked by some people's standards, but that's not an issue when it comes to money. I'm just trying to make it through escrow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

White knight? Nope. However, I know someone who tries to be secret squirrel that way. At least you gave a good reason. The other guy, none of his reasons are good, but they sure qualify for tinfoilery.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top