Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2022 2:09:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 2:17:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
We're supposed to get more through Thursday, and it's supposed to cool down some (Mostly 80s for the highs). Cool-down, and settle the dust in the driveway and our road, which are all gravel.
View Quote

Rain = Good
Lightning = Bad

I got a tower down now, hopefully due to power.

Though I'm ok with only cutting my grass monthly...
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad to see it.  It was 87F (no, really ) when I got up at 1:00 AM yesterday morning.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#3]
It was good to finally have a gravel road that didn't look like the 30's dust bowl when going down the road.

Only got about 1/2" rain where I live, so hope a bit more drops from the clouds, instead of me yelling at them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Drove to walmart with my 2 little ones tonight. They wanted the windows back up in the car because they were cold. Enough rain to make some mud in the yard. The dogs put black mud paw prints all over the floor
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 12:45:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 12:46:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#7]
We are over 8" since last night!
It's a mess out here. 70 closed both directions.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Something else. I've never seen it like this. My 20 min morning commute turned into 1.5hrs before I got mad and just came home. I was grateful just to be able to get home.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I took these on my way to work this morning. The first is looking out over a flooded Natural Bridge Rd and I-70 towards Lambert.

This was taken on Natural Bridge Just south of I-70.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen it rain so hard before.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 10:46:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I just got off the phone with my parents who live in St Peters. I70 flooded at Dardenne Creek and at Spencer Creek. Flooding at Dardenne Creek is a given with this much rain. But none of us can remember Spencer Creek ever flooding I70. My parents have lived there for 50 years now and that is where I grew up at.

Even Highway 19 flooded just outside of town here in Montgomery County. And it flooded in a spot that has never held water before. Even Mexico, Mo had streets flood that normally don't. Flooding at the railroad bridge and Business 54 is a given for there.

Later today I ned to get out as see if I can get the lake to drain in my yard. Either that or I need to call and have it stocked with fish . Most of the town here is a natural swamp anyway.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#13]
My son lives in O'Fallon. As of 7:25 this morning he had recorded 10 inches of rain and was still raining.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My son lives in O'Fallon. As of 7:25 this morning he had recorded 10 inches of rain and was still raining.
View Quote

My neighbor says he had 13” in his rain gauge. South St Charles county.

Sucks that none of my kin got anything out west where they really could have used it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:46:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I definitely would have rather had an all day slow and steady rain versus what we got last night. Half of my yard was flooded this morning. I could tell exactly how high the water got by the grass clipping that washed up I am an hour west of St Peters and didn't get as much rain as my parents did.

These types of storms don't help much since most of the water just runs off. I had to dig into a pile of dirt today to try and fill in a low spot next to the house. And even with all of the rain, the dirt was still pretty dry 1 1/2" to 2" below the surface. And they are predicting more thunderstorms tomorrow and tomorrow night into Thursday morning.  I don't mind the rain since we nee it but can do without the gully washers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top