Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2022 10:48:16 AM EDT
Thank fucking GOD.  Tom Miller is a huge embarrassment and a devoted enemy to gun rights, glad he's finally out of a job.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I have to admit that one surprised me.  Fitzgerald went down as well, not that anyone pays attention to the State Treasurer.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I was not expecting this at all but this is great news.  Miller has been a steamy pile of fecal matter for decades.  My only concern is that they have not called it for Bird yet, wondering how many ballots will be found to try to turn it around.  Also waiting for word on Zach Nunn's victory.  Guessing Axne will be contesting, crying and moaning about it for as long as she can.  Best news was passage of the Freedom Amendment!  

Iowa did VERY well last night!
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was not expecting this at all but this is great news.  Miller has been a steamy pile of fecal matter for decades.  My only concern is that they have not called it for Bird yet, wondering how many ballots will be found to try to turn it around.  Also waiting for word on Zach Nunn's victory.  Guessing Axne will be contesting, crying and moaning about it for as long as she can.  Best news was passage of the Freedom Amendment!  

Iowa did VERY well last night!
View Quote

Nunn has it but only by about 2,000 votes.  I imagine that will trigger a recount.  Miller conceded, he was down 20,000 votes.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nunn has it but only by about 2,000 votes.  I imagine that will trigger a recount.  Miller conceded, he was down 20,000 votes.
View Quote

Awesome news, Miller is OUT!  Good riddance you ackassJay (pig latin attempt)!  Now hopefully Nunn can pull through any recount.  I worked with Nunn on a few occasions at the Air Guard before I retired.  He is a really good guy personally and had great integrity from what I have seen.  I have never heard the same from Cindy.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Nunn's opponent conceded today.

Zach is a great guy and a good leader.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 12:50:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Brenna will do a good job, she is/was our county attorney, worked with her here at the SO.  If she says she's going to do something she'll do her best to get it done.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#8]
There was a whole office AG zoom meeting this morning. There were tears and people trembling because they weren’t sure what Brenna would do.   Top that off with a lot of senior staff talking about going into the private sector. It sounded like it was hilarious. Source is my wife whom works in the AGs office. We both voted for Brenna.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There was a whole office AG zoom meeting this morning. There were tears and people trembling because they weren’t sure what Brenna would do.   Top that off with a lot of senior staff talking about going into the private sector. It sounded like it was hilarious. Source is my wife whom works in the AGs office. We both voted for Brenna.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/10/2022 9:29:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good! Fuck Tom Miller and his minions
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everyone in that office was hired by Miller.  Hell he probably hired their parents.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:15:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:52:18 PM EDT
[#13]
That is an important win.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#14]
"RED WAVE" in Iowa is strong. Proud of how far we have came the last 8 years! :)
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 11:18:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Awesome news, with everything happening I'm glad Iowa is hopefully going to stand a better chance.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 12:18:54 AM EDT
[#16]
This is one of the best political outcomes I've seen in years. Tom Miller was strongly against most Iowans, particularly in regards to firearms ownership. Personally, I had issues with his "interpretation" of Iowa Code Chapter 724.6. As a peace officer, he believed that I couldn't carry a firearm off-duty at a school, while the Code of Iowa stated that a peace officer permit was valid anywhere, anytime in the State of Iowa. Interpretation like that is dangerous.

I have supported Brenna since her first run in 2010. I am very hopeful that she will support liberty in every aspect that she can.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This is one of the best political outcomes I've seen in years. Tom Miller was strongly against most Iowans, particularly in regards to firearms ownership. Personally, I had issues with his "interpretation" of Iowa Code Chapter 724.6. As a peace officer, he believed that I couldn't carry a firearm off-duty at a school, while the Code of Iowa stated that a peace officer permit was valid anywhere, anytime in the State of Iowa. Interpretation like that is dangerous.

I have supported Brenna since her first run in 2010. I am very hopeful that she will support liberty in every aspect that she can.
View Quote

FYI :  Two years ago Iowa Legislature fixed it for active LEO who since then are exempt from Gun Free School Zones while off duty.  This year I have been asking legislators to extend that exemption to include QRLEO Retired Police.  It's absolutely unforgivable that Federal Law Title 18 U.S. Code 926B, 926C did not exempt LEO & QRLEO from all gun free zones and exempt from Magazine Capacity, Firearm Type, Ammo Type state laws.  The whole intent of LEOSA was to allow trained police to stop in progress violent crime.   I've been talking to several Republican Legislators about this issue for over ten years.    Active LEO  is good to go concealed in gun free school zone but QRLEO is not allowed currently.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

FYI :  Two years ago Iowa Legislature fixed it for active LEO who since then are exempt from Gun Free School Zones while off duty.  This year I have been asking legislators to extend that exemption to include QRLEO Retired Police.  It's absolutely unforgivable that Federal Law Title 18 U.S. Code 926B, 926C did not exempt LEO & QRLEO from all gun free zones and exempt from Magazine Capacity, Firearm Type, Ammo Type state laws.  The whole intent of LEOSA was to allow trained police to stop in progress violent crime.   I've been talking to several Republican Legislators about this issue for over ten years.    Active LEO  is good to go concealed in gun free school zone but QRLEO is not allowed currently.
View Quote

Retired LEO here.  It is a good thing to get this cleaned up to be allowed but the bigger issue is NO ONE should have to give up their constitutional rights to pick up or drop off their kid at school.  The majority of schools make you drive through their parking lot to drop off or pick up by design which makes that simple act a felony even if it is locked in your trunk.  This needs to be changed in whole, not just the LEO exemptions.  A school parking lot or open area should NOT be included as a prohibited zone for ANYONE.  Your vehicle should be treated as an extension of your home, your kids are the most cherished thing you have and for some people who rent their vehicle(s) are their largest financial possession. Buildings, stadiums and other structures can be debated ruled on at the local level IMHO in the future, right now the parking lot issue needs to be dealt with and won.   Same example goes for the drive up post office boxes (Federal issue/not State), a lot of people dont realize that it is a felony to drive on the postal property to drop mail in these drive up drop boxes while armed or having arms/ammo in your vehicle.  Not enforced a lot but who wants to be that once in a great while outlying example.

On a side note, I have to go shoot my annual "No officer left behind" qualification tomorrow for my 2023 department issued retired office carry card so I am good for the states that recognize it for another year.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top