Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2021 7:03:13 AM EDT
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2021-10-03/texas-is-to-the-biden-administration-what-california-was-to-trump-so-whats-next

Link left cold because fuck the L.A. Times; however it is worth a read.  For one, they are laying the groundwork for a “Why didn’t Texas turn blue after you’ve been telling us this for 20 years?” story for the Hollywood donors who’ve been funding attacks on Texas for decades now.  Two, you get to see what the guy more than a few of you refer to as “Wheels” looks like from the opposite side of the spectrum.  They’ve quite correctly identified that he has done more to advance legislation they hate more than any previous Texas governor and has even frustrated national laws they want.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#2]
We've been told that Texas will turn blue very soon for my entire adult life, yet it never seems to happen.

If anything, the Biden Administration's border actions are likely to turn it *more red* than anything else, at least for the next decade or so. The chaos on the border is turning off a lot of Tejanos in the southern counties especially. You've got democrats down there openly talking about switching parties over it.

Couple that dynamic with the redistricting map that's about to pass and the election integrity measures we've taken, and I'm not seeing it turning blue any time soon.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We've been told that Texas will turn blue very soon for my entire adult life, yet it never seems to happen.

If anything, the Biden Administration's border actions are likely to turn it *more red* than anything else, at least for the next decade or so. The chaos on the border is turning off a lot of Tejanos in the southern counties especially. You've got democrats down there openly talking about switching parties over it.

Couple that dynamic with the redistricting map that's about to pass and the election integrity measures we've taken, and I'm not seeing it turning blue any time soon.
View Quote

Yeah, the feds are fucking over the Tejanos royally.  Even the long time Dems there are, uh, really angry.  The mayor of Laredo is keeping his mouth shut so the feds don’t fuck his town more; but I’d be more surprised to see that area not flip.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

If the Texas Republican Party would get it's act together and do out reach advertising to get those that move to Texas to register and vote Republican along with the Hispanics along the border, Texas could stay Red for decades.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If the Texas Republican Party would get it's act together and do out reach advertising to get those that move to Texas to register and vote Republican along with the Hispanics along the border, Texas could stay Red for decades.
View Quote

If a frog had wings it wouldn’t bump its ass all day.  Honestly, at this point, it’s hard to attribute the GOP’s failures to stupidity vice intentional evil.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If a frog had wings it wouldn’t bump its ass all day.  Honestly, at this point, it’s hard to attribute the GOP’s failures to stupidity vice intentional evil.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most people get their information from the moron media, that do nothing but push DUMBocrat lies. Just look at the voting integrity bill just passed. The moron media and DUMBocrats made it seem like blacks and Hispanics would not be allowed to vote. But when they hear the truth that it requires ID and stops mail in ballots most people support the bill except the insane DUMBocrats.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#7]
The establishment or swamp republicans are the problem.  Fear mongering is the problem.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 2:48:49 PM EDT
[#8]
My old neighbors moved to Texas from CA 20 years ago.

They came to Texas to escape Kalifornia Kraziness & Krap.  

They were Republicans & as Full On Texas Conservative as any native born Texan (actually considering Austin - more likely MORE so...) .

They completely embraced firearms freedoms, and we spent a lot of range time.   They had taken some pistol training from a well known Tactical Trainer to be as profecient as possible with their guns.  

Their kids both went to TAMU and have each founded their own companies.

Great folks.  We need the Good Ones.

Maybe we need some of those 'Harry Potter' "Sorting Hats" at the interstates & airports to determine who is or is not a good fit for Texas?

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 10/3/2021 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Wilco went blue this last election. Soros funded org just dumped 500k to campaign against refunding APD. Purple we'll be until the flux of people fleeing shithole states stop.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wilco went blue this last election. Soros funded org just dumped 500k to campaign against refunding APD. Purple we'll be until the flux of people fleeing shithole states stop.
View Quote

Do you know why Wilco turned blue? It was stolen, many Austin residents moved up here, and the high tech businesses moving up here.

Most people coming to Texas from California, New York etc are the Republicans, DUMBocrats that move here are forced to by their companies.

The other thing that needs to happen is the Texas Republican Party needs to convince people to vote Republican instead of listening to the moron media.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 7:41:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Do you know why Wilco turned blue? It was stolen, many Austin residents moved up here, and the high tech businesses moving up here.

Most people coming to Texas from California, New York etc are the Republicans, DUMBocrats that move here are forced to by their companies.

The other thing that needs to happen is the Texas Republican Party needs to convince people to vote Republican instead of listening to the moron media.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My guess is the combination of people fleeing Austin for suburbs further north as well a massive influx of people for tech companies moving into wilco. There are a lot of tech people coming in according to my friends in real estate. With WFH and remote policies, tech workers can chose Cedar Park/Leander, Liberty Hill, Hutto, Taylor, Manor, and Elgin to snatch up property.

Usually they cycle out in a few years when they realize Texas is hot. But that's at least one election they tilt.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Living in a major city with an overwhelmingly Hispanic population, it seems to me that many Hispanics are becoming more conservative, especially on issues like illegal immigration and abortion. If they start actually voting Republican, expect this state to stay red for a long time.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Living in a major city with an overwhelmingly Hispanic population, it seems to me that many Hispanics are becoming more conservative, especially on issues like illegal immigration and abortion. If they start actually voting Republican, expect this state to stay red for a long time.
View Quote

You can look at McAllan TX. It is the largest anchor city in the RGV, for at least the last 60 years it has been a solid Democrat voting city. They just elected a Republican mayor because they were tired of the illegals overflowing the city especially the hospitals. Many counties along the border turned red in the 2020 election.

I want to see what happens in Larado that is 95% Hispanic.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Republicans need to find the right message that LEGAL immigration & being a AMERICAN of Hispanic origin is fine.

Republicans need to high light the GOOD immigrants who came, learned the language, had & raised a family, worked hard at their jobs or started & owned their own businesses and enjoyed the LIBERTY & OPPORTUNITY to become AMERICANS.

Simple "Hating Hispanics" is a poison that Republicans need to avoid mainlining themselves.  It's Cheap & Easy & feels good on the short term, but in the long term it's a death sentence.

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 10/4/2021 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Republicans need to find the right message that LEGAL immigration & being a AMERICAN of Hispanic origin is fine.

Republicans need to high light the GOOD immigrants who came, learned the language, had & raised a family, worked hard at their jobs or started & owned their own businesses and enjoyed the LIBERTY & OPPORTUNITY to become AMERICANS.

Simple "Hating Hispanics" is a poison that Republicans need to avoid mainlining themselves.  It's Cheap & Easy & feels good on the short term, but in the long term it's a death sentence.

BIGGER_HAMMER

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER

It is the moron media that lies to the Hispanics, between the English and Spanish language media they lie about Republicans. Look at Prop 187 that banned welfare from illegals. The moron media told everyone it was a Republican ban on all Hispanics getting any ‘welfare’ or even allowed in schools.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#16]
These things take time.

If there is any lesson that shouldn't be lost on us, it's that the Left is really good at playing the long game.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 10:46:48 PM EDT
[#17]
If it doesn’t turn Blue in 2022, it will be in 2024
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 2:40:25 AM EDT
[#18]
It was blue before it turned red.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

For a long, long time too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

That's it exactly.  I don't hate Hispanics.  Most Republicans don't hate Hispanics.  The media smears anyone who isn't to the left of Chairman Mao.

We do need LEGAL immigration.  Immigration needs to be FAIR.  It isn't fair that people who can walk across the border or pay coyotes get in and other people who might actually be more deserving don't.

The most deserving and the most desirable should get preference.  Immigrants should be properly vetted.  The undesirables (gangs/cartels, lazy, stupid, etc) should not get in.

If immigration was legal and properly controlled, we could allow a LOT more legal immigrants.  The way it is now, we can't really handle any more than emergency immigrants because the system is overwhelmed.

And Europe and Canada should be taking their fair load of immigrants from Central and South America before they are butt-hurt about the US being overrun and having to deal with issues they don't understand.

I do hate stupid and lazy people, regardless of race.  There are a lot of white libtards that are absolute wastes of humanity.  If all those idiots feel so horrible about conditions in countries in Central America they should make donations to charities that help down there to make things better DOWN THERE.  Or even better they should go down there and VOLUNTEER.  Charitable donations and volunteers for that kind of thing actually tend to be mostly CONSERVATIVE religious people.

Libtards like to blame US meddling in banana republics for their issues...  But that is mostly projectionist BS...  the reality is that MOST of that meddling occurs when the Democrats are in control...  FDR...  Kennedy/LBJ...  Clinton...  Obama...  That's when we messed around down there the most.  Republicans since WWII have tended to be more isolationist or concerned with Russia, China or the middle east.  And frankly pretty much every government south of the border has been historically and systematically corrupt since the Spanish were in charge.  Again, you can't really blame the US for that, a lot of it precedes US Independence from Britain.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 8:13:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks like you have no interest in keeping Texas as great as it is. Please find a new place to live in California, U Haul trucks are real cheap going that way Beto.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Looks like you have no interest in keeping Texas as great as it is. Please find a new place to live in California, U Haul trucks are real cheap going that way Beto.
View Quote

I honestly don't think he is wrong.

I didn't say it was going to legit turn blue but look what happened in Georgia because massive voter fraud just turned the state blue.

The problem with our side is we don't fight back. Imagine if it was DJT getting accused of voter fraud using dominion voting methods? Our country would be on absolute fire and it would look like "The Purge" in real life.

We sit back and take it in the ass and go on about our daily life like nothing happened and "we'll get'em next time."
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:19:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This has been predicted every year since I've been a member of this site (17 years and counting). Should be any day now.

So I basically just run down the ballot and vote for Republicans, while simultaneously voting down bond measures. And I call it good. I'm also hyper aware (again - humility and pragmatism) that my doing this does absolutely fuck-all, in the grand scheme of things. It just gives me warm civic-minded fuzzies. That's it. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people who have no idea I even exist, will never read a word I say on a gun forum, and will never hear the sound of my voice, are going to vote in a way that I wouldn't. I've made my peace with it. It beats being angry all the time, and acting like an oppressed victim.
View Quote

THIS.   Have NEVER voted for a SINGLE Democrat in my life, and plan to keep doing so until I'm dead (when I'm sure some Democrat will then "Ghost Vote" me straight "D" ticket...

When you see that The Hammer has voted for any Democrat, THEN you can be 100% sure that I'm Dead...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2c/db/f6/2cdbf6ea37932f5b02590393788df70e.jpg

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This has been predicted every year since I've been a member of this site (17 years and counting). Should be any day now.

I'm sure it'll go blue eventually. I mean...it used to be a "blue" state, once upon a time - well before I ever got here. It's the way of things. But you know, at some point, the utility in the "prediction" coming true starts to ring a little hollow.

Honestly, I try really hard not to obsess over this stuff. It's with a yuuuuuge dose of humility that I offer this - I don't really matter that much, and I do not possess the persuasive ability to change the votes of millions of people who ARE going to vote in ways I really wish they wouldn't. Ergo, I'm not going to wrap my identity or even my own happiness around the outcome of elections. There's no utility in it. You know who has the most influence? The candidates themselves. They are the ones who shoulder the burden of being really persuasive motherfuckers. Not me.

Ever since I got here in 2016, I've made the joke that people like me shouldn't be allowed to vote in state and local elections until they've been here for 10 years. The way of thinking goes like this "I moved here for a reason, and you fine folks obviously have everything well in-hand. There's no point in me putting my two cents in - whatever it is you folks have been collectively doing seems to be working out just fine. Keep up the good work. You don't need me."

Of course, such a law doesn't exist. So I basically just run down the ballot and vote for Republicans, while simultaneously voting down bond measures. And I call it good. I'm also hyper aware (again - humility and pragmatism) that my doing this does absolutely fuck-all, in the grand scheme of things. It just gives me warm civic-minded fuzzies. That's it. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people who have no idea I even exist, will never read a word I say on a gun forum, and will never hear the sound of my voice, are going to vote in a way that I wouldn't. I've made my peace with it. It beats being angry all the time, and acting like an oppressed victim.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it doesn't turn Blue in 2022, it will be in 2024

I'm sure it'll go blue eventually. I mean...it used to be a "blue" state, once upon a time - well before I ever got here. It's the way of things. But you know, at some point, the utility in the "prediction" coming true starts to ring a little hollow.

Honestly, I try really hard not to obsess over this stuff. It's with a yuuuuuge dose of humility that I offer this - I don't really matter that much, and I do not possess the persuasive ability to change the votes of millions of people who ARE going to vote in ways I really wish they wouldn't. Ergo, I'm not going to wrap my identity or even my own happiness around the outcome of elections. There's no utility in it. You know who has the most influence? The candidates themselves. They are the ones who shoulder the burden of being really persuasive motherfuckers. Not me.

Ever since I got here in 2016, I've made the joke that people like me shouldn't be allowed to vote in state and local elections until they've been here for 10 years. The way of thinking goes like this "I moved here for a reason, and you fine folks obviously have everything well in-hand. There's no point in me putting my two cents in - whatever it is you folks have been collectively doing seems to be working out just fine. Keep up the good work. You don't need me."

Of course, such a law doesn't exist. So I basically just run down the ballot and vote for Republicans, while simultaneously voting down bond measures. And I call it good. I'm also hyper aware (again - humility and pragmatism) that my doing this does absolutely fuck-all, in the grand scheme of things. It just gives me warm civic-minded fuzzies. That's it. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people who have no idea I even exist, will never read a word I say on a gun forum, and will never hear the sound of my voice, are going to vote in a way that I wouldn't. I've made my peace with it. It beats being angry all the time, and acting like an oppressed victim.

I used to be in the “it’ll never happen” crowd, but a lot has changed.  With other liberal states getting Soo bad they are shedding liberals to other states like locusts.  Voting for the same bullshit they escaped from.

I just hope I’m dead wrong
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're the one wanting Texas to turn blue Beto.

A lot of Californians that moved here are more conservative than most Texans.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 8:36:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Show me where I said I want Texas to turn blue.  I’ll wait.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:30:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Just happened to be cruising the hometown forum as a potential transplant. Nebraska’s governor just caved to Biden on the mandate so I have very little time to figure out a job and move.

What’s the best city to be in? Would prefer large enough to have a traffic jam but not large enough to have a widespread and defined ghetto.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 7:47:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just happened to be cruising the hometown forum as a potential transplant. Nebraska’s governor just caved to Biden on the mandate so I have very little time to figure out a job and move.

What’s the best city to be in? Would prefer large enough to have a traffic jam but not large enough to have a widespread and defined ghetto.
View Quote

You will have to define what you are looking for a little better. Weather, jobs, schools, city or country living, medical facilities.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now Now - no need for any purse swinging...  

We're ALL on the SAME Side (Wanting Texas to Avoid "The Democrat Party Blues"...)

As Don said, (& I mentioned) Some of my BEST neighbors were California "refugees" who came to Texas seeking FREEDOM and didn't want to bring a thing from CA to TX.

In fact, they became MORE "Texas" than most "Texans"...   Enthusiastic gun owners & went to some great tactical training to use those guns.  Kids both went to TAMU & then started successful businesses.  

It's true that many of the "new moves" are here for the "Economics" (Job) Vs. Political. but there is nothing that says we can't "Convert" many of them to the "Texas Mind".

My Cousins wife grew up in the Bay Area and was so liberal you wouldn't believe.  I actually had to show here that a semi-automatic AK was NOT a machine gun, and that a "person" (Not in the Military or Police) could actually own and shoot one.  We had a small family shoot & I bought out the AK and showed here how it worked and gave her some basic marksmanship instruction.

She had such an eye opening experience from the complete Media Lies she had been raised on, that she is now actually a TX CHL holder who carries most of the time...

So we just need to be willing to HELP those Californians who are now here to FIND THE TEXAS WAY and bring them to our side, rather than just do the stupid thing and blanket say "Fnck Them All!"  

Everyone Fights & No One Quits!!   Everybody here does their part to Keep Texas Free!  

GO VOTE EVERY ELECTION & if you hear any A-Holes saying "Voting Doesn't Matter - Don't Bother" ....   Please give them a swift & hard Kick in the Ass from me...  

We now return you to your regularly scheduled ARFCOM discussion "Texas Chili - Beans or No Beans" ...  

BIGGER_HAMMER

@DonOfKalinfornia
@1057

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You will have to define what you are looking for a little better. Weather, jobs, schools, city or country living, medical facilities.
View Quote

Weather: I’m from Nebraska so as long as it doesn’t get hotter than 115 or colder than -20 I’m good. Not a big fan of the desert though.

Jobs: I work in communications, specifically training management. I’m currently in compliance but have a ton of background in call center leadership if need be.

Schools: No kids, no issue.

City/Country: Prefer a population of between 100k to 500k.

Medical: No conditions, but wouldn’t want to be life flighted 300 miles if I got in a car wreck I guess.

Do you guys have set in stone plans to bypass the mandate? Not a “we’ll fight it in court” but a “get lost from the get go” approach?
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:52:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Weather: I’m from Nebraska so as long as it doesn’t get hotter than 115 or colder than -20 I’m good. Not a big fan of the desert though.

Jobs: I work in communications, specifically training management. I’m currently in compliance but have a ton of background in call center leadership if need be.

Schools: No kids, no issue.

City/Country: Prefer a population of between 100k to 500k.

Medical: No conditions, but wouldn’t want to be life flighted 300 miles if I got in a car wreck I guess.

Do you guys have set in stone plans to bypass the mandate? Not a “we’ll fight it in court” but a “get lost from the get go” approach?
View Quote

With a communications background, the Richardson/Plano/Frisco area might be worth looking into.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#39]
I guess it kind of depends.

If Matthew McConaughey became the Gov. I don't think he would do anything to guns. Which is honestly all I care about. He said in a Joe Rogan podcast that you have to leave Texas politics in a balance and that you cant be extreme to one side or another or itll be disastrous. Which I agree with.

Its a matter of when not if.

Now, if Beto is the nominee, that would be very stressful. Im pretty confident he would lose.

Its all so exhausting.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I guess it kind of depends.

If Matthew McConaughey became the Gov. I don't think he would do anything to guns. Which is honestly all I care about. He said in a Joe Rogan podcast that you have to leave Texas politics in a balance and that you cant be extreme to one side or another or itll be disastrous. Which I agree with.

Its a matter of when not if.

Now, if Beto is the nominee, that would be very stressful. Im pretty confident he would lose.

Its all so exhausting.
View Quote

McConaughey would do away with Constitutional Carry at a minimum, Dowd even worse. Bob the Fake Mexican Texas will be California 2.0. McConaughey was praising Bob the Fake Mexican, was just about going to suck him dick.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I've made this point many times. A metric fuck ton of the transplants (myself included) are rabidly conservative. Not everyone of course, but it's a lot of them. A lot of them (again - myself included) moved here precisely because they think it's hyper-conservative. And that image (even if it's overstated) has kept a lot of lefties out.

It's kind of funny. Conservatives moving here are often under the mistaken impression that the state is more conservative than it actually is. On the other hand (and the article touches on this), lefties moving to Austin think it's far more progressive than it actually is, in reality (still too far gone for my liking, but the point stands). That speaks more to how absolutely crazy some of the progressives are when you run down their wishlist, more than it does to Austin being reasonable.

It doesn't really matter to me - I'm happy for Texas to project an image and reputation of being a hyper-red state, even if it isn't quite that. It attracts the right people, and dissuades the wrong ones. Who knows? Maybe we'll actually become the image we've been projecting. That'd be neat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
While Texas has remained among the top destinations for departing Californians in recent years, transplants are a political mix, with many backing conservatives. In 2018, more nonnative Texans voted for incumbent Sen. Ted Cruz than for Democratic challenger Beto O'Rourke, enabling Cruz's victory by a 2-point margin.
I've made this point many times. A metric fuck ton of the transplants (myself included) are rabidly conservative. Not everyone of course, but it's a lot of them. A lot of them (again - myself included) moved here precisely because they think it's hyper-conservative. And that image (even if it's overstated) has kept a lot of lefties out.

It's kind of funny. Conservatives moving here are often under the mistaken impression that the state is more conservative than it actually is. On the other hand (and the article touches on this), lefties moving to Austin think it's far more progressive than it actually is, in reality (still too far gone for my liking, but the point stands). That speaks more to how absolutely crazy some of the progressives are when you run down their wishlist, more than it does to Austin being reasonable.

It doesn't really matter to me - I'm happy for Texas to project an image and reputation of being a hyper-red state, even if it isn't quite that. It attracts the right people, and dissuades the wrong ones. Who knows? Maybe we'll actually become the image we've been projecting. That'd be neat.

I wish the Republican party was rabidly conservative...

At this point I'd take mildly conservative

any fiscal conservation actually
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

We're ALL on the SAME Side (Wanting Texas to Avoid "The Democrat Party Blues"...)

As Don said, (& I mentioned) Some of my BEST neighbors were California "refugees" who came to Texas seeking FREEDOM and didn't want to bring a thing from CA to TX.

In fact, they became MORE "Texas" than most "Texans"...   Enthusiastic gun owners & went to some great tactical training to use those guns.  Kids both went to TAMU & then started successful businesses.  

It's true that many of the "new moves" are here for the "Economics" (Job) Vs. Political. but there is nothing that says we can't "Convert" many of them to the "Texas Mind".

My Cousins wife grew up in the Bay Area and was so liberal you wouldn't believe.  I actually had to show here that a semi-automatic AK was NOT a machine gun, and that a "person" (Not in the Military or Police) could actually own and shoot one.  We had a small family shoot & I bought out the AK and showed here how it worked and gave her some basic marksmanship instruction.

She had such an eye opening experience from the complete Media Lies she had been raised on, that she is now actually a TX CHL holder who carries most of the time...

So we just need to be willing to HELP those Californians who are now here to FIND THE TEXAS WAY and bring them to our side, rather than just do the stupid thing and blanket say "Fnck Them All!"  

Everyone Fights & No One Quits!!   Everybody here does their part to Keep Texas Free!  

GO VOTE EVERY ELECTION & if you hear any A-Holes saying "Voting Doesn't Matter - Don't Bother" ....   Please give them a swift & hard Kick in the Ass from me...  

We now return you to your regularly scheduled ARFCOM discussion "Texas Chili - Beans or No Beans" ...  
BIGGER_HAMMER

@DonOfKalinfornia
@1057

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER

@DonOfKalinfornia
@1057

You’re good people and you have my #.  

I’m just an introvert and curt, short or any other adjective for an asshole

But I’m really not in person.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

It would be nice if they were fiscally conservative.  Unfortunately they spend money like drunken sailors.  Just on different things than the Democrats.

I'm not religious, so all of that kind of conservatism generally means nothing to me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a mess but I think Governor is intentionally making it that way. One example, Abbott banned mask mandates. Liberal school districts implemented mask requirements anyways. Conservative school districts removed masks. Everybody is confused and it's now a hodgepodge across the state. Another example, Abbott banned mandatory vax by any entity. Employers are confused as it relates to the proposed OSHA changes and federal government contract requirements. Sure beats complying now and waiting for the courts.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It would be nice if they were fiscally conservative.  Unfortunately they spend money like drunken sailors.  Just on different things than the Democrats.

I'm not religious, so all of that kind of conservatism generally means nothing to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We all saw what they did with Constitutional Carry - a bunch of fuckall the first time around.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is intentional. All but a low single digit number of the elected republicans in the legislature and executive branch are corporate prostitutes. Only when the grass roots is so loud that they cant ignore them, do these people actually respond out of interest in preserving their seat. Their interest is in maintaining that seat, not for self esteem purposes, but for the benefits they get from big businesses by being at their beck and call.

Elected republicans are not our friends. We need to take the primary's very seriously and kick out these RINOs. Stop choosing the lesser of two evils, because you will only end up with your government being evil.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We all saw what they did with Constitutional Carry - a bunch of fuckall the first time around.
View Quote

Yeah, lots of RINOs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top