Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2018 1:06:57 PM EDT
Anyone have 2 tickets to a Patriots game they are looking to sell ? I've been a Patriots fan since 95 and decided I need to go to a game in Foxborough before Brady retires. Looking to go to anyone of these games Miami 9/30 or Indy 10/4 or KC 10/14. Also what are some must see places , must eat places etc  for an Arizona boy coming to visit the east coast for the first time plan on making it a 3-4 day trip Definitely want to "see the sights" and experience the New England area. A friend of mine told me its better to fly into Providence instead of Boston, is that true ?
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of good restaurants in the north end and fanuiel hall. Providence airport will probably be easier than Logan. There's touristy shit all over.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Providence airport is very easy to get in and out of. If your a Tom Brady/ Patriots fan you could check out patriot place and the Pats hall of fame. There’s plenty of history in and around boston. Best be would be to pick up a cheap book, flip through it and pick what you want to see.(there’s way too much to list). Boston is a small city and you can bounce around pretty quick.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Providence airport is very easy to get in and out of. If your a Tom Brady/ Patriots fan you could check out patriot place and the Pats hall of fame. There’s plenty of history in and around boston. Best be would be to pick up a cheap book, flip through it and pick what you want to see.(there’s way too much to list). Boston is a small city and you can bounce around pretty quick.
View Quote
That's entirely dependent on the time of day.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's entirely dependent on the time of day.
View Quote
That’s very true.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the responses. Ill definitely search amazon for a book on historic Boston sites.
Any particular restaurants I should hit for some baked beans or chowdah ?
Or must see things you guys can think of
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#6]
One of the best seafood restaurants around for clams/lobster is a local, little-known place called Fresh Catch in Mansfield, very close to Foxboro. Better food than I've had on Cape Cod! It's not touristy, it's where us locals go.

Italian Food - the North End of Boston. Parking is impossible as is driving thru that area but the food is fantastic.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 8:10:39 AM EDT
[#7]
thanks LenS will definitely hit Fresh Catch gotta have a lobster roll or something and some chowdah.  Now to find some baked beans and cream pie lol,. Any historical type tours you would recommend ? Probably going to go have a beer at Cheers.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 9:10:42 AM EDT
[#8]
When you do that check the Fresh Catch website for specials and coupons. Sometimes they post the restaurant coupons under Specials/Retail so check both.
http://www.freshcatchinc.com/
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#9]
x2 on Fresh Catch.

My in-laws live within (VERY LOUD) hearing distance of the stadium, which is to say just over a mile.

The eateries that are actually at the stadium are overpriced tourist traps with horrible customer service. If you must eat there, the Renaissance hotel on site, however, has some great food (excluding breakfast).

Plenty of great little restaurants in the area, as well as chains if you must. Route 140 parallels route 1 through the center of Foxborough and is an easy drive with great food and drink, primarily closer to the rotary in the center of town. My knowledge of the rotary area is more of pubs rather than fine dining. There are some great restaurants on route 1, I just don't recall the names.

140 has ramps to 495 and 95 near the Mansfield town line. There is a maze of shops in Mansfield, south of Foxborough and just off 140, though most are the same chains you see everywhere. There is a huge LL Bean and a few other decent places to check out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
thanks LenS will definitely hit Fresh Catch gotta have a lobster roll or something and some chowdah.  Now to find some baked beans and cream pie lol,. Any historical type tours you would recommend ? Probably going to go have a beer at Cheers.
View Quote
Prepare to be disappointed.  The Bull and Finch Pub that is pictured in the opening of the show looks nothing at all like the place on the show once you are inside.  There is a recreation of the show pub at Faneuil Hall though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:36:44 PM EDT
[#11]
guess I'll skip cheers. maybe just take some pics of the outside by the entrance
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top