Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2020 3:13:38 PM EDT
https://kstp.com/news/governor-walz-to-order-shelter-in-place-wednesday-/5684114/

Title edited

Looks like it's in effect from midnight 3-27 to 5pm 4-10. Lots of exceptions.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Plandemic 2020
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 6:01:34 PM EDT
[#3]
No he didn’t I fact he said that a shelter in place wouldn’t do any good. He asked people to stay home but also said

During those two weeks, Minnesotans are able to leave their homes for health and safety activities, outdoor activities, gathering necessary supplies, essential travel, the care of others and relocation purposes.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#4]
So pretty much what we've been doing for the past week.

I heard about the press conference while stocking back up in the local liquor store. The owner was worried that they would be shut down.

Local grocery store had plenty of food, but rather thin on the bread, soup, and rice shelves. Forgot to check the TP isle.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So pretty much what we've been doing for the past week.
View Quote

A gigantic nothingburger for the most part. With 78% of the MN workforce deemed essential and much of the other 22% already on the sidelines, not a whole lot changes with this voluntary EO.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#6]
This interesting little clause is built right in to the new EO.

"Any person who willfully violates such an order or rule is guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction must be punished by a fine not to exceed $1,000 or by imprisonment for not more than 90 days."

Also, during the presser, Walz slipped up a bit and said something to the effect of: based on cell phone data we can tell less people are traveling." ...So, a form of proof that they're tracking cell phones of the citizenry.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard an official of some sort (an Iowa county, I think) bragging on the radio about how based on "cell phone tower tracking" the travel in the county had dropped by half (some %?) in the last week.

Yes, your cell phone is tracking you and others have access to that data.

ETA: I think the official named the company that was doing the tracking and analysis, but I don't remember it and Google isn't helping.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

"Any person who willfully violates such an order or rule is guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction must be punished by a fine not to exceed $1,000 or by imprisonment for not more than 90 days."
View Quote
And yet in the same paragraph it says the order to stay home is voluntary.  So which is it?

Also, elsewhere in the EO it says "essential travel only", but later states that pleasure driving is allowed.

???

The EO is contradictory in many ways and a complete mess, leading to the confusion that everyone is arguing about.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:57:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Also, during the presser, Walz slipped up a bit and said something to the effect of: based on cell phone data we can tell less people are traveling." ...So, a form of proof that they're tracking cell phones of the citizenry.
View Quote

I noticed that also.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:58:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And yet in the same paragraph it says the order to stay home is voluntary.  So which is it?

Also, elsewhere in the EO it says "essential travel only", but later states that pleasure driving is allowed.

???

The EO is contradictory in many ways and a complete mess, leading to the confusion that everyone is arguing about.
View Quote

Driving to the park to go for a walk is essential travel. You’re right makes no sense. I’d wonder what a court would say about it, oh wait we don’t have those anymore.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 3:07:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I heard in the radio today that the cops are looking for guidance on how to enforce this. The statement on the radio was that they are considering just pulling people over and asking them where they are gong. Fucking scumbags.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#12]
It's absolutely unenforceable.  

That said, everyone should be staying the fuck at home.  All these flu bros spreading this shit around are just going to result in everyone else having to stay home longer.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Minnesota Critical Businesses List:

https://mn.gov/deed/assets/naics-critical-list_tcm1045-424829.pdf

Link Posted: 3/26/2020 10:08:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

@Eagle_19er
Found it:
https://www.unacast.com/covid19/social-distancing-scoreboard
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/03/24/social-distancing-maps-cellphone-location/
Efforts to track public health during the coronavirus pandemic are a reminder of the many ways phones reveal our personal lives, both as individuals and in the aggregate. Unacast’s location data comes from games, shopping and utility apps that tens of millions of Americans have installed on their phones — information the company normally analyzes for retailers, real estate firms and marketers. It’s part of a shadowy world of location tracking that consumers often have little idea is going on.

It’s not alone. Google also collects and shares where we go. Long before the coronavirus, the Google Maps app has included a live read of how busy popular destinations are, based on location data. Facebook’s Instagram, too, lets you see other people who’ve recently shared updates from places. Both tools are useful for anyone who wants to practice social distancing and avoid spaces that are busy for a jog or fresh air during shelter-in-place orders.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:48:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I heard in the radio today that the cops are looking for guidance on how to enforce this. The statement on the radio was that they are considering just pulling people over and asking them where they are gong. Fucking scumbags.
View Quote

What station and what department(s)?  Highly doubt this will occur or is being thought of.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:51:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Companies are tracking cellphone data, this has been done for close to a decade or more.  Many large companies here in MN and throughout the world use private companies to get data on cellphones and public posts to run metrics and get content from say concerts, events so on and so forth.

An article was released with cellphone data showing which states/counties/cities were staying home and rated them throughout the US a few days ago.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What station and what department(s)?  Highly doubt this will occur or is being thought of.
View Quote

I don’t recall as it was a few days ago.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 1:23:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Disturbing in many ways.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So who is the term F-ing Scumbags directed at, the people on the radio who are making statements, or the Cops?

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123
View Quote

Anybody that would pull someone over to ask where they are going.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Anybody that would pull someone over to ask where they are going.
View Quote

Well, you'll be happy to know that the direction from the attorney general sent out to all agencies in the state is that a reason is still needed to pull someone over.  You'd be happy to know that most law enforcement officers had enough common sense to come to that conclusion on their own prior to receiving guidance.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Well, you'll be happy to know that the direction from the attorney general sent out to all agencies in the state is that a reason is still needed to pull someone over.  You'd be happy to know that most law enforcement officers had enough common sense to come to that conclusion on their own prior to receiving guidance.
View Quote

Your emphasis how how I’d be happy isn’t misplaced. Leading two sentences with the same phase however is kind of a bummer.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 10:03:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Spoke with a local rural cop this evening. He said the local/county LE don't want to pull anyone over unless they have to. They're afraid of catching the bug just like everyone else.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Here come the bug
Here come the bug
Better watch out, cuz here come the bug
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:34:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Spoke with a local rural cop this evening. He said the local/county LE don't want to pull anyone over unless they have to. They're afraid of catching the bug just like everyone else.
View Quote

before everyone freaks out,   read this.    SOP   are there repercussions to this, sure but I think most here are worried about over reach of LE while this is the norm.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

before everyone freaks out,   read this.    SOP   are there repercussions to this, sure but I think most here are worried about over reach of LE while this is the norm.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is of course the exact situation where a local cop tells someone one thing and the Feds./State/Co. decide to do something else. Right now my local cop doesn't have any instructions to over reach -- in my neighborhood he more than likely never will.
HOWEVER, there's no way I'd expect the same from any MPLS/STP or state officer.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This is of course the exact situation where a local cop tells someone one thing and the Feds./State/Co. decide to do something else. Right now my local cop doesn't have any instructions to over reach -- in my neighborhood he more than likely never will.
HOWEVER, there's no way I'd expect the same from any MPLS/STP or state officer.
View Quote

Every LE agency from the top down in Minnesota received guidance from the Attorney General.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 9:45:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Every LE agency from the top down in Minnesota received guidance from the Attorney General.
View Quote

Muslim Attorney General
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:26:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm sure you'll be right along with an explanation as to how that's relevant in a way that shouldn't at least warrant editing your post, right?
View Quote

Why edit it? If you mean something enough to let the internet know about it then have the stones to leave it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 11:12:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:46:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm sure you'll be right along with an explanation as to how that's relevant in a way that shouldn't at least warrant editing your post, right?
View Quote

Matthew 7:6
“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.”
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#36]
CoC 1 and 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top