Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2019 8:40:59 AM EDT
Wow, could not believe it was this short, I have waited as long as 16 months before.  

07/26/19 Suppressor check cashed for Form 4 Individual

10/10/19 Approved

10/21/19 Stamp arrived

Looks like I'm not the only one:  https://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 7:38:38 AM EDT
[#1]
That's nice but it's still too long. I decided I'm not getting a suppressor until I can buy one over the counter and not have to pay the stupid $200 tax.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 12:32:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's nice but it's still too long. I decided I'm not getting a suppressor until I can buy one over the counter and not have to pay the stupid $200 tax.
View Quote
you've decided you'll never own one then.

if you're looking for a way to cut your nose off to spite your face, we're running a sale on snoot cutters.  BOGO while supplies last.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wow, could not believe it was this short, I have waited as long as 16 months before.  

07/26/19 Suppressor check cashed for Form 4 Individual

10/10/19 Approved

10/21/19 Stamp arrived

Looks like I'm not the only one:  https://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/
View Quote
i'm glad to see things come closer into line.  longest we've had here was 19 months.  absolutely ridiculous.

by the way, i had a rant on my cca facebook page earlier this month about this, and oddly enough i got a call from some atf folk.  i specifically asked if the call was in reference to my rant and they were unaware of it apparently.  i believe them.  they didn't have any reason to fib me and i've always had a good working relationship there.  but i'll admit freely it made my eyebrow raise for a moment.  lol.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like I need to get all my ducks in a row again. I swore I was done for a while, but I really want a Turbo-K.
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Form 1’s  are averaging 3 weeks!
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Form 1’s  are averaging 3 weeks!
View Quote
For e-file.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#8]
well I bought 2 cans (efile) back in February and I'm still waiting..... but that's usually how things go for me.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
well I bought 2 cans (efile) back in February and I'm still waiting..... but that's usually how things go for me.
View Quote
If you bought a factory can, it was a Form 4, which you can't e-file right now. If you did it through silencershop, it may have FELT like e-filing, but they mailed the gov't your ppwk.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I see. It purchased them from silencer shop.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 10:50:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you bought a factory can, it was a Form 4, which you can't e-file right now. If you did it through silencershop, it may have FELT like e-filing, but they mailed the gov't your ppwk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep. If you Form 1 (manufacture) a can, it would likely be back before your form 4's will be.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 9:29:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, looks like paper form 1s are quick as shit. Got my stamp today, mailed the paperwork 9-12, got approved 10-30.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

you've decided you'll never own one then.

if you're looking for a way to cut your nose off to spite your face, we're running a sale on snoot cutters.  BOGO while supplies last.
View Quote
I'd like to have one but not bad enough to go through the process to get one. It's good that they are speeding things up but it's just not for me
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 1:11:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Once someone shows you how to do it, you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner. It's not hard, even easier w/ a silencer shop kiosk.

when E-Form 1's came up I SBR'd a bunch of stuff. Why not.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:21:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm coming up on a year with the can for my 12GA.

Not a fan of the ATF.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Now they're ending the fast-track on some it's going to get worse before it gets better (if it ever does get better).
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Now they're ending the fast-track on some it's going to get worse before it gets better (if it ever does get better).
View Quote
I believe the wait times have gotten better due to the new bar codes that the silencer shop worked with the ATF to implement not a fast-track.  bar code saves a boat load of data entry and errors.  The data entry was adding months to the wait times.  Check out the NFA tracker website for real-world stats.

https://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Check out the NFA tracker website for real-world stats.

https://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/
View Quote
I'm throwing the bullshit flag out on the field.  You guys making love to that nonsense NFA tracker site do damage to what most of us recognize as "TRUTH" in daily practice.

For those of you who didn't know it already, ATF is really really really shitty at this.  They don't process things in order, the same way twice from the same customer, or even consistently as policy from examiner to examiner.  When you work within an inconsistent system, you cannot in good faith label, categorize, or characterize it as "real-world" at all.

Here's what you need to know.  ATF is barely qualified to process this stuff at all, much less in a timely manner.  Depending on what flunky contractor you draw you may or may not be handled in the timely fashion.  Period.  So quit telling people NFA tracker has value.  NFA tracker is the suppressor version of Carfax.  Everyone thinks that stuff is so great, but they never clue into the plain and simple fact that they are both self selective.  If you take your vehicle to a shop or an insurer or a body shop or a quick lube or whatever that doesn't participate, then there is NO DATA.  What happens to oh holy carfax when someone changes their own oil?  FOR SHAME!  lol...  NFA tracker is the same.  It only takes into consideration the small sample size of people who transmit their data, and then it is subject to the honesty of warring tribes of net rangers and keyboard commandos with axes to grind...

You want to see me loose my self composure, waltz in my shop and start talking up the virtues of NFA tracker.  

#goodtimes #noodlesalad

No, Kevin, that wasn't an invitation to pull that shit.  I'll turn my son loose on your car.  Hollis will win.  I assure you of this.  lol...
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#19]
i feel much better.  i haven't pulled the pin on a perfectly good frag and tossed it in a thread for at least a month.  #lookinggood #feelinggood
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
i feel much better.  i haven't pulled the pin on a perfectly good frag and tossed it in a thread for at least a month.  #lookinggood #feelinggood
View Quote
Myself, customers, and friends have see a dramatic change in wait times the past 6 months with several clearing in less than 90 days and you believe that is all shear luck that just happens to mirror nfatracker?
I admit, not all are experiencing these shorter wait times, but many are.  I don't believe in luck or coincidences, especially when the government is involved.

IMHO, the shorter wait times are in part due to the new bar codes that are being used by the ATF and some dealers for data entry.

so if I am wrong, then why the less than 90 day wait times for many and leave luck out of it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#21]
you missed my point greg.  the wait times are completely and totally inconsistent.  i have guys that are still waiting in line that have been for a year.  ...and i don't mean two or three guys.  i'm talking 120+...  so when you tell me people are consistently turning in things like form 4s and getting them back in 90 days, and precious NFA tracker agrees, two things can be concluded.  1, ATF is still shitty at this, or there would be an explanation as to why older forms weren't getting first come, first serve, priority.  2, the sample size you offer is too small in which to make logical assertions.

at a minimum you better be putting an asterisk on that statement regarding a volunteer-based elective opt-in system and let people know, "YMMV..."

every time you talk NFA tracker out the ass you offer a potentially unrealistic scenario to the overwhelming majority of the marketplace, and frankly that's irresponsible as hell.  if you dealt with ATF a tenth of the volume i do you'd know how perilous it is to give customers false hope about a terribly flawed and silly system.  you keep that "i love NFA tracker" mantra up and it'll burn your ass.  that i can promise.

i join you in hoping they improve this crappy system.  eFile is cosmic joke.  we're on the 3rd gen of it now and it's still down every single fucking week all day wednesday for 'site maintenance' among other routine outings.  what kind of system is so bad that it needs WEEKLY full day maintenance?  there are a ton of really smart and easy things they could do, but i'm guessing that won't happen anytime soon.

but, bob's your uncle, i'm going to have a quick snort of the good stuff.  'sall good.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
you missed my point greg.  the wait times are completely and totally inconsistent.  i have guys that are still waiting in line that have been for a year.  ...and i don't mean two or three guys.  i'm talking 120+...  so when you tell me people are consistently turning in things like form 4s and getting them back in 90 days, and precious NFA tracker agrees, two things can be concluded.  1, ATF is still shitty at this, or there would be an explanation as to why older forms weren't getting first come, first serve, priority.  2, the sample size you offer is too small in which to make logical assertions.

at a minimum you better be putting an asterisk on that statement regarding a volunteer-based elective opt-in system and let people know, "YMMV..."

every time you talk NFA tracker out the ass you offer a potentially unrealistic scenario to the overwhelming majority of the marketplace, and frankly that's irresponsible as hell.  if you dealt with ATF a tenth of the volume i do you'd know how perilous it is to give customers false hope about a terribly flawed and silly system.  you keep that "i love NFA tracker" mantra up and it'll burn your ass.  that i can promise.

i join you in hoping they improve this crappy system.  eFile is cosmic joke.  we're on the 3rd gen of it now and it's still down every single fucking week all day wednesday for 'site maintenance' among other routine outings.  what kind of system is so bad that it needs WEEKLY full day maintenance?  there are a ton of really smart and easy things they could do, but i'm guessing that won't happen anytime soon.

but, bob's your uncle, i'm going to have a quick snort of the good stuff.  'sall good.
View Quote
I agree, ATF is a completely useless and UN-necessary hindrance to exorcising our 2A rights with no good excuse for any wait times at all.  They need to go away.
Yes, nfatracker is not a scientific study but rather a reference that may or may not apply to the reader.
and I DO have an uncle bob, how did you know that?  <--- insert paranoia here.  I think Micheal is watching me....  
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I agree, ATF is a completely useless and UN-necessary hindrance to exorcising our 2A rights with no good excuse for any wait times at all.  They need to go away.
Yes, nfatracker is not a scientific study but rather a reference that may or may not apply to the reader.
and I DO have an uncle bob, how did you know that?  <--- insert paranoia here.  I think Micheal is watching me....  
View Quote
it wasn't so much 'watching' as it was 'glancing' per say...
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top