Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2023 2:05:16 PM EDT
If accurate, would be FUCKING awesome!

What on Earth is Taking Judge Benitez So Long?
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I want to see FJI and FBF in tears.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want to see FJI and FBF in tears.
View Quote

They should be doing the BOHICA boogie in a prison cell.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#3]
From his mouth to God's ear--
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 10:48:49 PM EDT
[#4]
That would make arguing for a hold on the law a bit easier I would think.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 12:37:28 AM EDT
[#5]
This would be glorious!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 12:47:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry but maybe I don't understand why a SoCal district judge - who has no bearing over WA law - would care to wait for a WA law to be signed before he rules on a case in his district.

At this point I think Kirk is trolling for clicks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 2:38:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sorry but maybe I don't understand why a SoCal district judge - who has no bearing over WA law - would care to wait for a WA law to be signed before he rules on a case in his district.

At this point I think Kirk is trolling for clicks.
View Quote

We’re all 9th circuit… if they are forced to admit the AWB is illegal it effects all states in it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 5:41:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We’re all 9th circuit… if they are forced to admit the AWB is illegal it effects all states in it.
View Quote

Only if it's appealed, though, so the CA ruling itself does nothing for WA, only an appeal of that ruling would
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#9]
This would be a very interesting move to set case law in Washington AND greatly help an injunction to be granted.

If our idiot governor signs this law into the books and one hour later Benitez publishes his ruling. The law firms bringing suit would cite Benitez’s US District Court ruling as established case law for granting a temporary injunction.

Might be an interesting gun-news week!
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 10:07:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

He is not a 9th circuit judge he is a southern California district judge
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#11]
His ruling will set precedence. Rumor is our mag ban judge whos sitting on her hands right now is waiting to see what happens.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#12]
FJI & FBF, will ignore the ruling or try some BS saying that WA law is somehow different and does not apply.

Until Judges and Legislators are held accountable for violating rights we as a country as so screwed.

They are quick hold a cop accountable for a split second decision but these asshats have weeks and months to make a decision and no consequences.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Only if it's appealed, though, so the CA ruling itself does nothing for WA, only an appeal of that ruling would
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CA can either appeal the ruling or submit to it. Which course do you think that state will take?
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

CA can either appeal the ruling or submit to it. Which course do you think that state will take?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's no doubt whatsoever that they will appeal, especially since the 9th Circuit is packed with gun grabbers who will search for ways to overturn Benitez.

Just pointing out that it has no effect in WA until they do appeal, and the 9th issues a ruling. Until then it's just a California Southern District precedent so Benitez timing his ruling to our bill didn't make a lot of sense to me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#15]
My cockles would be warm and hard for a month!
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There's no doubt whatsoever that they will appeal, especially since the 9th Circuit is packed with gun grabbers who will search for ways to overturn Benitez.

Just pointing out that it has no effect in WA until they do appeal, and the 9th issues a ruling. Until then it's just a California Southern District precedent so Benitez timing his ruling to our bill didn't make a lot of sense to me.
View Quote

The 9th circuit includes WA too I thought.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The 9th circuit includes WA too I thought.
View Quote

Yes, WA falls into the 9th Circus. Judge Benitez ruling will only effect CA. If CA appeals his decision to the 9th Circus, then that will effect WA as well.

Now if Judge Benitez’s decision isn’t appealed, even though it doesn’t technically effect us, it does give us precedence for the injunction that will be filled.

This is how I understand all of this.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes, WA falls into the 9th Circus. Judge Benitez ruling will only effect CA. If CA appeals his decision to the 9th Circus, then that will effect WA as well.

Now if Judge Benitez’s decision isn’t appealed, even though it doesn’t technically effect us, it does give us precedence for the injunction that will be filled.

This is how I understand all of this.
View Quote

It’s all so complicated!
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 12:05:10 AM EDT
[#19]
The WA legislation is a copy/paste of the CA laws. If they are ruled unconstitutional, it’s gives any challenges in WA a greater likelihood of an injunction and ultimate reversal.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 5:52:03 AM EDT
[#20]
I am not a lawyer or a legal scholar, but I know as a minimum, and most likely, we’re screwed for a couple of years at best since I have a gut feeling this whole process will end up back in the SCOTUS.

Without question, a ruling from the 9th Circuit would be a plus, but there will be no immediate action once dick breathe and butt munch have their way this week.

Sadly, I have no escape plans from this State since my ass is too old now… That boat has left the harbor 8 years ago and I didn’t make my move to Florida back then, so I have ride this bitch to the end.  

Like many here, I seen this shit coming for the last 5 plus years, which didn’t make it any easier, especially over the last two years, but I am pretty much set with everything I need or want.

Most of us older guys that are in their late 40s, and well over that,  have/had the extra income to buy most of the stuff we wanted, but it sucks for the mid 20s and above guys who are just starting out in life.  I clearly remember that when I was in my early 20s, when I had to sell whatever I had to buy something else… Being a young married Army Sergeant, at that time, money was tight.  Sadly, some young married Army Sergeant today is now dicked by the Governor of this state.  

I have faith in my fellow “lying dog-faced pony Soldiers,” as Biden once said, will help each other out, especially our “Group” and “Batt” brothers as they rotate in and out of Bragg and Benning.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:23:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Well F* inslee F* ferguson, and F# any Senator or House Rep who voted this forward. I pretty much have everything I need or want.. but I'm pissed for my kids's kids.

I'm wondering if itslee is going to sign tomorrow as Kirk predicts, since it is the anniversary of the Columbine shooting.

I truly hope Benitez sends his ruling right after the signing as predicted!
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:12:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well F* inslee F* ferguson, and F# any Senator or House Rep who voted this forward. I pretty much have everything I need or want.. but I'm pissed for my kids's kids.

I'm wondering if itslee is going to sign tomorrow as Kirk predicts, since it is the anniversary of the Columbine shooting.

I truly hope Benitez sends his ruling right after the signing as predicted!
View Quote

Let me help you out.........  Fuck Jay Inslee.  Fuck Bob Ferguson.  I don't know why you are scared to say it.  The revolution is coming.  Get ready.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:40:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Most of us older guys that are in their late 40s, and well over that,  have/had the extra income to buy most of the stuff we wanted, but it sucks for the mid 20s and above guys who are just starting out in life.
View Quote
I too feel bad for the newbies. Couple of guys I work with just starting outing out on the AR platform; I helped them get their kits and lowers. Ive got everything I need. They barely do. Sucks for them
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 4:37:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Let me help you out.........  Fuck Jay Inslee.  Fuck Bob Ferguson.  I don't know why you are scared to say it.  The revolution is coming.  Get ready.
View Quote

Nothing about being scared. I just tend not to cuss. It was how I was raised and I'm not changing myself for them.
I will follow and fight for my rights, hence spending my time trying to make posts to help the people who don't want to take the time, or don't know how to do things.

I am thankful for people like Kirk from WA Gun Law taking the time to care and give awareness. I just wish it was enough.

Man.. when I was kid growing up in CA.. I remember a few progun people talking about the AWB down there. I remember how they sounded paranoid (rightfully so in hindsight), buying AR15 lowers, etc. I imagine there are many people who are now opening eyes way too late.. I truly hope those people who are now realizing what is going on will vote these guys out.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I too feel bad for the newbies. Couple of guys I work with just starting outing out on the AR platform; I helped them get their kits and lowers. Ive got everything I need. They barely do. Sucks for them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most of us older guys that are in their late 40s, and well over that,  have/had the extra income to buy most of the stuff we wanted, but it sucks for the mid 20s and above guys who are just starting out in life.

This is their plan. Reduce the number of people with firearms. Then confiscate.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 8:47:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is how the UK did it. Made permitting and licensing expensive, time consuming and a generally confusing bureaucratic process till the number of gun owners was whittled down to a manageable number and then go for the nationwide bad.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This is how the UK did it. Made permitting and licensing expensive, time consuming and a generally confusing bureaucratic process till the number of gun owners was whittled down to a manageable number and then go for the nationwide bad.
View Quote

Same story in Canada and Australia
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:30:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#30]
I also feel bad for the younger shooters. Somewhere there is a 17 year old like I was once, planning on buying an AR-15 (for me it was a Norinco AK with the underfolder bayonet) as soon as he turns eighteen who is losing his shit right now.

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Fortunately for a lot of those 18yo just graduating this year, they can join the mil and get the fuck out if Wa. Make roots somewhere else.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Fortunately for a lot of those 18yo just graduating this year, they can join the mil and get the fuck out if Wa. Make roots somewhere else.
View Quote

Go take diversity lessons and risk getting killed for our corrupt political class if you want to keep some of your God given rights. Some country we’ve managed to preserve
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Didn't WA raise the age limit last year?
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I also feel bad for the younger shooters. Somewhere there is a 17 year old like I was once, planning on buying an AR-15 (for me it was a Norinco AK with the underfolder bayonet) as soon as he turns eighteen who is losing his shit right now.

View Quote

Then they should vote accordingly.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#35]
I bought assorted firearms for my kids an grandkids, couple years ago. So atleast their gtg.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:44:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Didn't WA raise the age limit last year?
View Quote

Yes, you are correct. A 20 year old lost his shit now..

I did get my Norinco AK with a folding bayonet, just 10 years later than I planned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top