Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2020 2:13:32 PM EDT
Going to be indefinitely,
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#1]
WOW!

My ex is a Teacher.  I wonder if she will still get paid?  I think I need to bring my daughter to the homestead here and keep her away from other folks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#2]
It's going to be a hardship to some families, but I understand the rational.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Rumor is they will re-evaluate APril 10th. Not 100% sure when Spring break is suppose to be. Im sure its around this time. Kids have 15 days of "snow pack" work to do at home, so technically, this SHOULDNT count against them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#4]
And yet, as of 6pm 3/13, not one case in the state.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Our Bishop cancelled Mass until further notice.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Couple of teachers I know still have to report on Monday. No real word on what their schedule will be until this stuff is over. My kids are finishing up the year in Catholic school in WV.

Quoted:
View Quote
There is a theory that Corona already came through late last year or earlier this year. We just didn't know what it was at the time.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Another theory is we don't run to the doctor for every little sniffle. We suck it up and carry on.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Trying to keep it that way.  But honestly,  we aren’t really testing many either.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Another theory is we don't run to the doctor for every little sniffle. We suck it up and carry on.
View Quote
That and a lot of people can’t afford to hit the doctor for “just a cold”.  And for men, unless we are dying, we don’t go in.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#11]
The official school update:

https://governor.wv.gov/News/press-releases/2020/Pages/COVID-19-UPDATE-Gov.-Justice,-Department-of-Education-issue-updated-guidance-on-school-closures-in-West-Virginia.aspx
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There is a theory that Corona already came through late last year or earlier this year. We just didn't know what it was at the time.
View Quote
I came here to post this as well..

Family member works at hospital. the way they described the "flu" last year was odd and ppl had multi strains etc...I think it came and went and ppl didnt know it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top