Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2019 5:11:24 AM EDT
Due to the debacle in Virginia, I (am almost certainly many more) will be moving to WV in the very near future.  For employment reasons I will tied to commuting distance from the Clarksburg area.  Any recommendations on locations, communities, etc.  I would like to get a property with some land if possible.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#2]
It depends on how far you want to drive.  Doddridge and Barbour counties will have cheaper land.  For your house avoid Clarksburg. There's lots of drugs and druggies.  The Bridgeport/Shinnston area is a nice place to live.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  I looking around Fairmont, Farmington, Bridgeport area now.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to FREEDOM! :D
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I was born and raised around Clarksburg, be careful with land purchase, a whole lotta fracking went on, look for fracking waste ponds etc. if you get property with a well, spend the money and get it thoroughly tested. Look at recent satellite images and there are websites that plot all the fracking locations.

Big difference going north of Clarksburg vs going south ( more rural) lemme know what town you looking in.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I live in a rural spot roughly between Fairmont/Farmington/Monongah.

With the exception of pretty much maintaining the road myself, and lack of internet, I love it.  Shoot out the back yard, piss in the front yard. Pretty much do what ya want.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I am in Shinnston and it is nice would also look at Farmington, Enterprise, Mannington ect.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#9]
We too are inbound. Junior will be enrolled in Notre Dame HS this fall. Looking at the greater Harrison county area. I'll miss the Elk hunting, but not the liberal politics. Looking forward to the whitetail and turkey hunting.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I live in Lewis County. Not far from Clarksburg. Good bit of homes and land for sale there too. Plenty of recreational activities, and thousands of acres of public land for hunting.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Bridgeport area has grown leaps and bounds.  Get over that way in the edge of Taylor County.  Close to everything but relatively rural with nice access to everything in the Harrison metro area.  Taxes are lower in Taylor County  than they are in Harrison County as well.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Put an offer on a house south of Clarksburg yesterday. We’ll see how it goes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top