Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/30/2021 10:16:33 AM EDT
If you're looking to try out Run and Gun, Waco Tactical Fitness puts on a pretty good match a few times every year. Tickets for their fall event went on sale last night.

Highly recommend.

If you're unsure about doing it because you don't run on the regular or have doubts as to your physical fitness, do it anyway.  When I first started doing these in 2019 it was the first time I'd done cardio since I got out of the Marines in 2012. Managed to finish middle of the pack.

I will be doing the Sunday Sprint this year, as I have a prior obligation for the Saturday of the 10k. Hope to see you guys there.

WTF Run and Gun Saturday 10k and Sunday 5k

If you want to see kind of what to expect, I made a mediocre video back in 2019 of the 10k.

Sidenote: proceeds for this event go towards supporting youth shooting sports in the area.

For saturday, minimum round count is 54 Rifle rounds and 50 pistol rounds.
Sunday round count looks to be around 33 Rifle rounds and 31 pistol rounds.

IMPORTANT: you will miss. bring more.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:34:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Tagged. Do you know if the event will sell out? We are trying to finalize some plans for later this year, but this looks fun
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:41:07 AM EDT
[#2]
@JoeMal

They usually sell out in a few days. I've just barely been able to secure tickets to this event before after waiting a few days, so I set alarms as soon as they announce when the tickets are going up now. They sometimes go for a little longer, but I would advise finalizing plans as soon as possible. Me and the wife had to hastily finalize plans for that weekend in order for me to make sure I was able to get tickets this year, so I completely understand your situation. Hope you're able to sort it out and come on out.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:31:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like fun. Do they keep defibrillators on hand for old, out of shape guys? Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:09:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like fun. Do they keep defibrillators on hand for old, out of shape guys? Asking for a friend.
View Quote

Lol, they have medical personnel there, proving about. Not sure what gear they have. Lots of tourniquets around, though.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:52:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I might pull the trigger on this.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I signed up for the Saturday 10K! This will be my 2nd event ever. The first one was humbling but a lot of fun. I still consider myself a noob when it comes to firearms and the shooting sports, but I learned a lot about my gear and my own limitations when I did the first one.

Anyway, for those with more experience, what do you use to carry all your stuff? Last time I did it I used a backpack and a used “battle belt”. While I trained with some of my gear, I never found it ideal and am thinking of changing it up this time around. I notice a lot of folks use chest rigs. I’ve never tried one, and was wondering how they fare during the crawling obstacles? I struggled during the corrugated tube crawl and don’t know how chest rig wearers did it without getting all their mags dirty (when I did it a few years ago that tube was full of mud).

Also, when practicing switching my AR from back to front and vice-versa, it was easy to do if there were no shoulder straps in the way. But once I donned anything with shoulder straps, like a camelbak or a backpack, the sling would always get caught. I tried VTAC and Blue Force Gear slings but can’t seem to master the move without getting either one caught. I looked for youtube vids but couldn’t find anything on point on how to perform this without getting the sling caught. Any pointers on that?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:47:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I signed up for the Saturday 10K! This will be my 2nd event ever. The first one was humbling but a lot of fun. I still consider myself a noob when it comes to firearms and the shooting sports, but I learned a lot about my gear and my own limitations when I did the first one.

Anyway, for those with more experience, what do you use to carry all your stuff? Last time I did it I used a backpack and a used “battle belt”. While I trained with some of my gear, I never found it ideal and am thinking of changing it up this time around. I notice a lot of folks use chest rigs. I’ve never tried one, and was wondering how they fare during the crawling obstacles? I struggled during the corrugated tube crawl and don’t know how chest rig wearers did it without getting all their mags dirty (when I did it a few years ago that tube was full of mud).

Also, when practicing switching my AR from back to front and vice-versa, it was easy to do if there were no shoulder straps in the way. But once I donned anything with shoulder straps, like a camelbak or a backpack, the sling would always get caught. I tried VTAC and Blue Force Gear slings but can’t seem to master the move without getting either one caught. I looked for youtube vids but couldn’t find anything on point on how to perform this without getting the sling caught. Any pointers on that?
View Quote

@Equin

I've used a chest rig and a battle belt and didn't have any issues with the rifle being slung.

Anytime I throw on a camel back or backpack, I do. I just carry a bottle of water in my pocket now.

I didn't have any sling issues when I did it with a plate carrier back in April. I did my last 10k with only a belt and three pistol/rifle taco pouches. Ran dry on rifle with like 2 shots left to take on the last stage down in Bandera a few months ago. I may end up doing trying this one with just my belt and a few extra mags in my pockets.

As far as getting stuff dirty, just a cost of doing business. My current sling is a magpul MS4. I would like to get one with a wider strap though. 5-6k in that thing is uncomfortable, but my rifle also weighs about 14 lbs.

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:48:07 PM EDT
[#8]
@Jday

Do it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 1:46:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm closing in on 54 years old, and though I'm not a fat ass, I haven't run/jogged in years.  I try to bicycle regularly to get some cardio and lift as part of my exercise routine five days a week, but I've been a desk jockey for about three decades now. I likely would have to walk part or most of the 10k, particularly if I had to haul kit. Is this a course for the younger bucks?  
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 7:58:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Only a small percentage of participants run/jog the whole way. Many people walk. Some briskly, some not so much...  Oldest competitors are 70+.  They don't win, but they make it through. For most, the course is an opportunity to assess their current state of readiness. Physical, marksmanship, gear, and mindset. Go as hard as you can go. Don't worry about some 25 year old who is running 7 minute miles.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I used to run these every time they had them and will again when my kids are older.

Gear: chest rig with rifle mags. Belt with pistol mags. Camel bak. Good sling. Normally a Fanny pack or abdominal pouch with a spare BCG, small set of Allen wrenches or whatever fits any screws on gear and rifle hand guard. Power bar.

That’s all you need. Take way more loaded mags than you think you’ll need, especially pistol. They make the pistol stages difficult and it’s better to have extra ammo at the end than to run out at the beginning and not get to play.

They are good events and generally something is going to break with your gear and show you what changes need to be made. Example: tacos ripped off. Castle nut backed off. Very fun and good learning experience.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@Equin

I've used a chest rig and a battle belt and didn't have any issues with the rifle being slung.

Anytime I throw on a camel back or backpack, I do. I just carry a bottle of water in my pocket now.

I didn't have any sling issues when I did it with a plate carrier back in April. I did my last 10k with only a belt and three pistol/rifle taco pouches. Ran dry on rifle with like 2 shots left to take on the last stage down in Bandera a few months ago. I may end up doing trying this one with just my belt and a few extra mags in my pockets.

As far as getting stuff dirty, just a cost of doing business. My current sling is a magpul MS4. I would like to get one with a wider strap though. 5-6k in that thing is uncomfortable, but my rifle also weighs about 14 lbs.

View Quote

Thanks for the info. I may just try a chest rig. The battle belt I have kept dropping as I jogged along, no matter how much I tightened it. It would dig down into my pants belt and push my pants down with it, too. It doesn’t have mounts for suspenders, but I suppose I could rig something up if I tried. Just not sure if it’s worth it with this particular belt, though.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@Equin

View Quote

Forgot to mention, I don’t mind getting muddy. My concern is the mags getting so muddy that a jam might occur if a muddy round mucks up the chamber or bcg. But I hadn’t heard of this happening to anyone, so I guess that’s not much of a likelihood?
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm closing in on 54 years old, and though I'm not a fat ass, I haven't run/jogged in years.  I try to bicycle regularly to get some cardio and lift as part of my exercise routine five days a week, but I've been a desk jockey for about three decades now. I likely would have to walk part or most of the 10k, particularly if I had to haul kit. Is this a course for the younger bucks?  
View Quote

Do it! I’m 55. Did my first one when I was around 52 or so. I decided to do it after a cancer scare. Well, I just had another cancer scare, so I decided to do it again! Life is short. Might as well do something active while I still can.

I wouldn’t say I ran my first time, but I did jog the whole way. Before then, I had never run more than a 5K, and that was over a decade earlier. I hate running/jogging. I find it boring. But knowing I was training for a run with shooting stages involved actually made it bearable, if not fun at times. While training, I was surprised how quickly I was able to get up to about 7 miles or so of jogging. The hard part wasn’t so much that as it was running/jogging with a backpack of about 15-20 lbs of extra weight. I lost 10 lbs even while eating everything in sight in the process! Can’t beat that!

Anyway, you don’t have to run or jog at all. A lot of folks walk the whole way. Plus, you can always do the 5K on Sunday instead of the 10K on Saturday.

I did my first one with nothing to prove to anyone but myself. I came in at the bottom of the pack and DNF’ed every stage but one. But I didn’t care - I’m an over-the-hill has-been. I was just having a blast and was hoping to finish without running out of ammo. This time I’d like to go faster and be able to beat my last performance. The young bucks and does may pass me along the course and no doubt score better than me at the stages, but I’m just competing against myself, testing out my own gear and trying to have some fun while I’m still physically able to do so.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 2:46:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Forgot to mention, I don’t mind getting muddy. My concern is the mags getting so muddy that a jam might occur if a muddy round mucks up the chamber or bcg. But I hadn’t heard of this happening to anyone, so I guess that’s not much of a likelihood?
View Quote

I've gotten pretty filthy during these things and never had an issue with it. I think that something like that is probably one of those outlier events, like a brass casing getting lodged between a optic mount knob and the edge of the ejection port (had that happen once). Keeping a bore snake on you may be a good idea if it's something you want to be prepared for though.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I used to run these every time they had them and will again when my kids are older.

Gear: chest rig with rifle mags. Belt with pistol mags. Camel bak. Good sling. Normally a Fanny pack or abdominal pouch with a spare BCG, small set of Allen wrenches or whatever fits any screws on gear and rifle hand guard. Power bar.

That’s all you need. Take way more loaded mags than you think you’ll need, especially pistol. They make the pistol stages difficult and it’s better to have extra ammo at the end than to run out at the beginning and not get to play.

They are good events and generally something is going to break with your gear and show you what changes need to be made. Example: tacos ripped off. Castle nut backed off. Very fun and good learning experience.
View Quote

I noticed I had more rifle ammo left than pistol ammo when I last did it. I almost ran out of pistol ammo! So good advice!
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

snip

I was just having a blast and was hoping to finish without running out of ammo. This time I’d like to go faster and be able to beat my last performance. The young bucks and does may pass me along the course and no doubt score better than me at the stages, but I’m just competing against myself, testing out my own gear and trying to have some fun while I’m still physically able to do so.
View Quote

This right here. This is the attitude to go into these things, even regular shooting matches. It's an opportunity to have fun, learn some things about yourself, your gear and just have a new experience.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I began to think through what I'll need to do this.  Here's what I think I'll need to buy:

Holster for Glock 19 (actually a poly80)
Belt-worn G19 mag pouches
Some sort of chest rig for rifle mags
9mm

Any recommendations for a holster, mag pouches, and a chest rig?  I'm starting from zero here.  I competed in a carbine course years ago with an AK74 and a Kahr K9 and did pretty well for my first competition, but it was no big deal pulling mags out of my back pockets because we were mostly staionary for the stages.  

I do have a question about optics.  I have a older Vortex PST 1-4X on my 5.56.  The WTF website mentioned shots to 500 yards.  What target size are we talking at that distance?  Might I need more magnification on the higher end?  Tagging a 12" gong at 400 is child's play with my 6.5 Creedmoor, but it weighs 17 lbs loaded and has a 5-25X scope.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I began to think through what I'll need to do this.  Here's what I think I'll need to buy:

9mm

Any recommendations for a holster, mag pouches, and a chest rig?  I'm starting from zero here.  I competed in a carbine course years ago with an AK74 and a Kahr K9 and did pretty well for my first competition, but it was no big deal pulling mags out of my back pockets because we were mostly staionary for the stages.  

I do have a question about optics.  I have a older Vortex PST 1-4X on my 5.56.  The WTF website mentioned shots to 500 yards.  What target size are we talking at that distance?  Might I need more magnification on the higher end?  Tagging a 12" gong at 400 is child's play with my 6.5 Creedmoor, but it weighs 17 lbs loaded and has a 5-25X scope.
View Quote

If you guys want a real good write up getting ready and doing a Run N Gun match. Topgunpilot20 did a pretty long and very detailed write up of the matches him and his wife have run.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If you guys want a real good write up getting ready and doing a Run N Gun match. Topgunpilot20 did a pretty long and very detailed write up of the matches him and his wife have run.
View Quote

Thanks, Don.  That's exactly the type of info I'd like to read.  I'm doing 3-gun at my brother's club on the 4th, but I've shot 3-gun there before and know the drill--what equipment I need to bring and what guns/sights work well for me.  For something like WTF that I've never done before I'd at least like to read someone else's account so I can show up with at least something resembling the correct equipment and guns.  I don't want go out there with a Colt Python when I need a Glock.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

9mm

View Quote

1x4 is fine. 1x6 if you are competing. Targets are pretty big for the far ones. Close targets are pretty tiny.

Check out Haley chest rigs. I use and prefer spiritus chest rigs, good luck finding one. Use a chest rig, keep everything AS TIGHT TO YOUR BODY AS POSSIBLE, or you will hate yourself during the obstacles
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I use a dara duty holster on a blue force belt with three pistol/rifle taco pouches for my glock 34 with rmr and surefire.

Haley d3 chest rig

And magpul ms4 sling for my m4/m203 with an Elcan spectre dr 1x/4x
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:36:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

9mm

View Quote

I’ve only done one, so I’m no expert. I will say I carried way too much rifle ammo, which weighed me down, just barely enough pistol ammo, and probably the right amount of water. I think the more of these we do, the better we’ll get at gauging how many mags/ammo and water to take along.

What I wish I had brought was a small IFAK just in case. I actually cut my hand climbing the chain link fence at the first stage, but it wasn’t too bad. Should’ve also brought and practiced using gloves to protect my hands more; extra in-ear plugs (mine got full of mud); a zip loc bag with baby wipes (I was covered head to toe in mud and so was all my gear, including my 1-4x optic); a nylon-webbed adjustable sling (my cotton BFG sling became extremely difficult to adjust once it got soaking wet and full of mud); and different pants (the canvas cargo pants I wore got a bit heavy once they got soaking wet). I’ve done the Muckfest mud run in the past, and while the RnG I did a few years ago wasn’t as bad as a mud run, the ton of rain we got sure made the conditions fairly muddy.

As for the long distance 500 yard stage and what optic to use, that stage was the only one I didn’t DNF. I used a budget Burris 1-4x (think it’s called the TAC-30). I also had never shot that far before since the range I belong to only goes out to 200. I think you’ll be fine with your Vortex PST.

I can’t help with holsters for your G19, but I’d get one with good retention so it won’t fall out while running, climbing and crawling. You may laugh, but I ran a used M12 with a cover flap for my Glock 34. I still don’t know if I should use it again or get something better.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 1:31:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Josh and Equin, thanks for your replies.

Equin, despite your attendance at only one RnG, I appreciate the context you offered.  Hearing about the barb wire fence and copious mud was nothing I remotely considered.  I'm beginning to understand that I not only need to be prepared with extra mags at the ready but also for adverse course conditions, whether those be rain and mud, heat, or dangerous obstacles.

If you folks have more thoughts please keep them coming;  I'm all ears.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:48:47 AM EDT
[#25]
You will very likely get wet, as the creek section varies from dry to waist-high, depending on the rainfall the month prior to an event. The mud factor depends on the weather just before and during the event. There are several obstacles, but the most difficult ones (wall and monkey bars) are not required. You can skip them and take a time penalty.

This video captures most of the physical stuff:
https://youtu.be/9Pf61FdIXY0
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:07:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Josh and Equin, thanks for your replies.

Equin, despite your attendance at only one RnG, I appreciate the context you offered.  Hearing about the barb wire fence and copious mud was nothing I remotely considered.  I'm beginning to understand that I not only need to be prepared with extra mags at the ready but also for adverse course conditions, whether those be rain and mud, heat, or dangerous obstacles.

If you folks have more thoughts please keep them coming;  I'm all ears.
View Quote

No problem! Just to clarify, I cut my hand on the top of a regular chain link fence, not a barbed wire. Not sure how it happened. It was just a freak accident, but luckily it was a minor one.

One other thing about that fence climb is that the toe end of my boots wouldn’t fit in the chain link fence openings. So I couldn’t use my feet to help me climb up that fence, especially with how wet and slippery everything was from the rain. Others with dedicated running shoes didn’t seem to have that problem. My boots are a size 12.5, though, so maybe those with smaller boots were able to fit their toe end in the chain link openings? That all may be moot because the latest pictures I’ve seen show that they replaced that chain link fence with old tires you now have to climb. But I guess it’s possible they may but the chain link fencing back on, so you never know.

Speaking of footwear, I saw most runners wearing dedicated running shoes. I chose to wear a pair of Garmont T8 NFS lightweight boots because I have a weak left ankle I’ve busted a few times in my lifetime and wanted something with more ankle protection. I trained to jog in those boots, and they actually did a decent job considering how light they are, but running shoes are definitely lighter and more comfortable. At my age, I just didn’t want to risk rolling and busting my ankle on uneven terrain in the middle of the course.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:21:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You will very likely get wet, as the creek section varies from dry to waist-high, depending on the rainfall the month prior to an event. The mud factor depends on the weather just before and during the event. There are several obstacles, but the most difficult ones (wall and monkey bars) are not required. You can skip them and take a time penalty.

This video captures most of the physical stuff:
https://youtu.be/9Pf61FdIXY0
View Quote

Great video! When I did mine it had rained so much the creek was overflowing and they had to reroute the course. But the rest of the course was still a sloppy, wet, mud bog.

They also didn’t have the 8’ wall up. Maybe it was broken at the time?
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#28]
The time that the river was too high and the course was re-routed, things were so wet and muddy that the wall became too dangerous. It was declared out of play for Saturday.  It has been part of the course ever since. There is now a small strip of wood at the top that makes it easier to grab.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:22:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Hell I split the top of my head open on the ladder in April.

Wiped the blood off my forehead and kept going. Had the wife clean it and superglue it after I got home. Did start getting a little light headed after the zipline.

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:22:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The time that the river was too high and the course was re-routed, things were so wet and muddy that the wall became too dangerous. It was declared out of play for Saturday.  It has been part of the course ever since. There is now a small strip of wood at the top that makes it easier to grab.
View Quote

Ah, gotcha. Good to know.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Bloody face made for a great pic though!
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:08:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I haven't done one of these since the last Zombie Destruction Run n Gun back in 2013.

I will be in heat 4 on Saturday.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#33]
@Scott_S

For holster, I'd look at Bravo Concealment. They are running a sale today and their prices are already very competitive. You can get a holster and double mag pouch for like $50 total. Useful for run and gun, as well as general carry.

https://www.bravoconcealment.com/products/glock-19-owb-gun-holster-combo?variant=13950322475060

Quoted:

9mm

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
@Scott_S

For holster, I'd look at Bravo Concealment. They are running a sale today and their prices are already very competitive. You can get a holster and double mag pouch for like $50 total. Useful for run and gun, as well as general carry.

https://www.bravoconcealment.com/products/glock-19-owb-gun-holster-combo?variant=13950322475060

View Quote

I've never used one of my bravo concealment holsters in a run and gun and dont know if I would want to.

Theres enough obstacles and such that I would definitely want some form of retention besides just tension.

That being said, I have seen folks run holsters that just use tension.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 10:37:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Holster: I drilled a hole in my holsters, ran a bungee cord (same as in hsgi tacos and they sell them in 10 packs), and draped that over the pistol grip. Worked fine.

Note: lock tite all the holster screws. Lost a holster midway through a match from screws backing out.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 11:07:43 PM EDT
[#36]
I'll be running Heat 4 and Meggers is in Heat 2 I believe.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 11:40:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Welllll, I checked my calendar to confirm before I signed up, and I realized I have an out of town family wedding that weekend.  Maybe next year.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 7:32:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Welllll, I checked my calendar to confirm before I signed up, and I realized I have an out of town family wedding that weekend.  Maybe next year.
View Quote

I'm never going to see you again, am I?

Link Posted: 7/6/2021 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#39]
This was a good wakeup call.  I walk a ton, 5-8 miles 3-4 times a week.  But after running around on the range this past weekend, and after watching some of the videos on this type event, there ain't no way I'm remotely prepared for this.  

It does give me something to work towards though, so thanks for posting.  I hope to be ready for 2022.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This was a good wakeup call.  I walk a ton, 5-8 miles 3-4 times a week.  But after running around on the range this past weekend, and after watching some of the videos on this type event, there ain't no way I'm remotely prepared for this.  

It does give me something to work towards though, so thanks for posting.  I hope to be ready for 2022.
View Quote

I wasn't prepared for it the first time I did it. I know everyone is different, but  pulling the trigger on this particular type of competition was the best way for me to prepare myself for it. I'm just going to compete against myself and I think, even if you dont feel prepared, you will get an immense value out of doing what you are able to do.

But i also have a hard time staying focused on goals when i have to spend a lot of time preparing before I'm able to actually try whatever given task.

That all being said, practice shooting after doing some 8 count bodybuilders to get your heart rate up.

Link Posted: 7/6/2021 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Yeah, I understand.  I was blessed with slow twitch muscle fibers and no endurance.  That tire wall thing looks daunting. I could definitely see me falling off that thing.  The actual shooting portion doesn't look bad at all.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#42]
I got a buddy to sign up for heat 1 on Sunday. Going to weigh out gear changes based on weather and how my stuff did in Bandara.

Heavier bullets and actually using magnification sooner. Much different muscle fatigue between 3-gun/2-gun quick short burst and a 10k with 600yd shots
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Just a heads-up. The 4 main heats for Saturday are sold out. There are a few Standby Heat tix available. Everyone in the Standby Heat will get on the course on Saturday for sure. Check-in at 7am with Heat 1 and you'll get on the course as spots open up due to no-shows.

There are also tix available for the Sunday Sprint. Great intro to the format if you haven't done one before. Shorter distance and lower round count makes the course a lot more approachable.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just a heads-up. The 4 main heats for Saturday are sold out. There are a few Standby Heat tix available. Everyone in the Standby Heat will get on the course on Saturday for sure. Check-in at 7am with Heat 1 and you'll get on the course as spots open up due to no-shows.

There are also tix available for the Sunday Sprint. Great intro to the format if you haven't done one before. Shorter distance and lower round count makes the course a lot more approachable.
View Quote

Just signed up for Sunday, bacause I'm out of shape and rusty.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:48:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Went to school at Baylor, and was on the 8year plan. Tore it up with some locals.

Halfway tempted to sign up and see if any of them are still shooting.

Will there be an Arfcom tent?
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Will there be an Arfcom tent?
View Quote

There is one - but it gets pretty crowded.

You will find PLENTY of like minded people there.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#47]
What are the recommended round counts for each day? Looked on the website and didn't see (could have missed it though).
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What are the recommended round counts for each day? Looked on the website and didn't see (could have missed it though).
View Quote

You have to go through and count it out from the course of fire description. I'll try to look through it later and post the numbers in the OP.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 8:24:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

@FSAL

Sorry, went to bed early last night. Went through the COF on their website. Used the Spring 2021 COF.

For saturday, minimum round count is 54 Rifle rounds and 50 pistol rounds.
Sunday round count looks to be around 33 Rifle rounds and 31 pistol rounds.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for looking back. I saw the old COF and was wondering if you had access to a new one for the upcoming event. So what you listed would be for 100% hits. Do you have a personal rule of thumb for how much extra ammo to carry? Double?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top