Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, that's a beauty. Looks like a very nice spread.  Good work!
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Got this guy Monday morning Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 7:15:58 AM EDT
[#3]
My son got this one about 4:20 on Thanksgiving day. 20" spread
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, those are both excellent deer!  Nice work all around.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 4:11:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Well my gun season is over. No deer. Moms in hospital.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well my gun season is over. No deer. Moms in hospital.
View Quote
Well, that sucks. I hope she pulls through okay.
Congrats to all who filled their tags. I had friends on private land all over the state who cleaned up before noon on Saturday.
I hunted opening day and Sunday in the Nicolet-Public near Blackwell. It was very quiet. I remember when I could count shots heard to 100 and eventually give up counting. That was four years ago. This year I counted to 5 for the day AND it was open to antlerless if you had a tag. No corn or beans within 10 miles. Ever. Myself and a handful of strangers met up afterwards. I was the only one who saw anything the entire weekend. We were spread out over several hundred acres of forest/ridge/swamp paradise. I had two does walk up to me Saturday morning. It seemed they wanted a piece of my sandwich.
I think the wolves have taken their toll in that area. I plan on "hunting" central or SE WI next year but expect to just buy 1/4 or 1/2 of a cow to fill the freezer and call it good.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I hope your mom is OK
View Quote
Thanks. Friday she couldn't get out of bed. Had a temp and being neutropenic we just called the ambulance. Been in chemo for multiple myeloma for a couple months.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 1:47:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Private land in Juneau Co (Lyndon Station). Taking a .450BM, .30-30and my Super blackhawk .44

Just worried on how muddy the area is.
View Quote
@Rob940

How did your season go?  We're just 10 minutes north of Mauston.  No luck gun, had a little activity bow season.  Sign seems to indicate deer numbers are slowly on the rise but just couldn't get on them this year.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@Rob940

How did your season go?  We're just 10 minutes north of Mauston.  No luck gun, had a little activity bow season.  Sign seems to indicate deer numbers are slowly on the rise but just couldn't get on them this year.
View Quote
Sucked. Didn't see one deer. Very few shots on opening day and 2 retreads apparently shooting at running deer since I heard rapid fire of 4-6 shots twice. Missed the last weekend due to mom ending up in the hospital on Friday (shes still in it).

Still have bow and the holiday hunt.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Meanwhile down in the Milwaukee suburbs, had a nice 10 pointer poking around yesterday...
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 9:56:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Meanwhile down in the Milwaukee suburbs, had a nice 10 pointer poking around yesterday...
https://i.imgur.com/xAX3x5F.jpg
View Quote
I had an 8 pointer hanging out in my front yard in New Berlin last week.  Never had seen him before, even on my house cameras.  Weird how that works.  

I didn't even go out this year.  Good to see some of you guys did well!
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I had an 8 pointer hanging out in my front yard in New Berlin last week.  Never had seen him before, even on my house cameras.  Weird how that works.  

I didn't even go out this year.  Good to see some of you guys did well!
View Quote
Crazy how many deer we actually do get trotting right down the middle of that road in the pic. Was a doe and a fawn earlier the same day as that pic. Also have seen turkeys and coyotes running down it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#15]
There was a herd of about 12 hanging in the area of  Mercy hospital in Dubuque. They seem to do well on landscaping and greenbelts in suburban and semi urban areas.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There was a herd of about 12 hanging in the area of  Mercy hospital in Dubuque. They seem to do well on landscaping and greenbelts in suburban and semi urban areas.
View Quote
I have 14 in my yard this morning. This time of year, it's rare when I can look out all my windows, 24/7, and NOT see a single deer. They like to lay underneath the balsam trees on the edge of my lawn, on the south or east side of them, so they are in the sun, and any north or west wind gets blocked by those trees.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I thought I had posted this already, I shot this one on the 30th.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top