Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2021 9:48:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf]
Statements made by Linda Finn, paid head of RI Coalition Against Gun Violence, as reported on RI radio on 14 July 2021, strongly indicate the Antis will make a major play to bring the remaining anti-gun Bills out of Committee and bring them to a floor vote in both RI House and Senate during the upcoming "special" Fall legislative session.  She mentioned, in particular, the bill Banning the possession of so-called "High-Capacity" magazines, but there is no doubt that the Antis  will try to resuscitate all the other Anti-gun bills languishing in committee.

This business is FAR from over.  Please alert your like-minded friends and relatives of this development.  Your e-mails, phone calls and so forth to your RI Representatives, Senators, and the Leadership teams of both bodies will be necessary in order to ward off this threat to our rights.  If you are a Constituent of any member of the House or Senate Leadership teams, you vote's value is multiplied, and so is the effect of your message to them.

I suggest we all begin now, and maintain the pressure.  Spread the word far and wide, NOW.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#1]
raf thank you for the continued updates and information you provide here - it is greatly appreciated !
Definitely hard to keep up with what these 'elected officials' are up to , since they work in the dark with their own best interests in mind .... and they keep all relevant information as quite as possible ....

Not trying to be negative at all with this however I ask regularly , of myself as well as people I talk to , how in the fuck we stop this shit .... ???
Attend the rallies - seem to be we are always second , behind the antis , and our numbers get less and less - planned by these 'people' I'd imagine , by the way they work the system ....
Send emails - lots of emails ! Either get canned responses , from most , or responses having our back from some and then the ones who may as well just send a middle finger as a response .... and maybe a picture of their income with a smiley face , like a big fuck you cause I'm following the $$ ....
Vote ... hahaha (not funny)  - we see how that all works ....

The higher ups seem to be against us , and don't really know or care what is going on - as we saw recently from the main fuckstick who said something along the lines of "fuck you all , I'm signing whatever they put in front of me - you gun loving miscreants ...."
The system is against us as we see in the way these 'elected officials' work - hiding out and waiting till dark or last minute to try to keep us out and / or push shit through .... I mean try getting in touch with someone from the state for anything after like 15:30 and see how that goes , not to mention it's almost impossible during regular business hours , however they are all working so hard through the night on shit we don't want or need in this state ....

So much out of state $$ being sent here to push agendas that are false , don't apply here , not wanted and not what the people of this state are asking for as there is shit WAY more pressing / important than this BS ....

Not wanting to rant here and not giving up by any means - just not sure if there is a means to stop this , how and when we can do it , what it will take ???
Feels like we do have some good people fighting for us for sure , are we making a difference ? are they going to be able to keep it up ???
So aggravating when we see all else going on around us that is not being addressed and corrected , yet this shit is constantly being pushed like it's actually that relevant ....

Can we stop this ?
I really do hope so ....
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:45:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DieselII:
raf thank you for the continued updates and information you provide here - it is greatly appreciated !
Definitely hard to keep up with what these 'elected officials' are up to , since they work in the dark with their own best interests in mind .... and they keep all relevant information as quite as possible ....

Not trying to be negative at all with this however I ask regularly , of myself as well as people I talk to , how in the fuck we stop this shit .... ???
Attend the rallies - seem to be we are always second , behind the antis , and our numbers get less and less - planned by these 'people' I'd imagine , by the way they work the system ....
Send emails - lots of emails ! Either get canned responses , from most , or responses having our back from some and then the ones who may as well just send a middle finger as a response .... and maybe a picture of their income with a smiley face , like a big fuck you cause I'm following the $$ ....
Vote ... hahaha (not funny)  - we see how that all works ....

The higher ups seem to be against us , and don't really know or care what is going on - as we saw recently from the main fuckstick who said something along the lines of "fuck you all , I'm signing whatever they put in front of me - you gun loving miscreants ...."
The system is against us as we see in the way these 'elected officials' work - hiding out and waiting till dark or last minute to try to keep us out and / or push shit through .... I mean try getting in touch with someone from the state for anything after like 15:30 and see how that goes , not to mention it's almost impossible during regular business hours , however they are all working so hard through the night on shit we don't want or need in this state ....

So much out of state $$ being sent here to push agendas that are false , don't apply here , not wanted and not what the people of this state are asking for as there is shit WAY more pressing / important than this BS ....

Not wanting to rant here and not giving up by any means - just not sure if there is a means to stop this , how and when we can do it , what it will take ???
Feels like we do have some good people fighting for us for sure , are we making a difference ? are they going to be able to keep it up ???
So aggravating when we see all else going on around us that is not being addressed and corrected , yet this shit is constantly being pushed like it's actually that relevant ....

Can we stop this ?
I really do hope so ....
View Quote
If we fail to try, we will fail for certain. We all know it's a very difficult battle; It's  a waste of time to complain about the obvious. We need to pull out all the stops, and get to work now.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#3]
You stop this by cutting of the money supply , refuse to do business with any family members who relatives vote for these bills, and let them know why, "they" think we don't care show them we do, treat them as outcasts they way responsible gun owners are treated, load the ballots with pro 2nd amendment candidates , play for the long game. Any ways anyone care to venture a guess why the Gov. did not sign the bill for records of gun convictions? passed by default but am curious what he gained.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mechanic217:
You stop this by cutting of the money supply , refuse to do business with any family members who relatives vote for these bills, and let them know why, "they" think we don't care show them we do, treat them as outcasts they way responsible gun owners are treated, load the ballots with pro 2nd amendment candidates , play for the long game. Any ways anyone care to venture a guess why the Gov. did not sign the bill for records of gun convictions? passed by default but am curious what he gained.
View Quote
RI Atty General was against the bill because: (1) The results would likely strengthen pro RKBA point of view, and he'll not be a part of that,  and (2) the passage of the Bill would add to the workload of his Office.

AFAIK, the Bill in question has not become Law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top