Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2023 3:25:30 PM EDT
Oh, the irony. Events in the early 1960's in Perry County and other local areas fueled the Civil Rights Movement, which resulted in the Voting Rights Act.

Now, one whose parents fought for that right is being charged for voting irregularities. I didn't know, but in the article it says the very same parents (Civil rights icons) were charged (but not convicted) for voting irregularities themselves in 1985.

Nothing to see here, just typical democommunist hi-jinks IMHO.

https://www.al.com/news/2023/01/perry-county-commission-chairman-charged-with-voting-multiple-times-stuffing-ballot-box.html
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 10:27:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I was told this does not happen
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 7:57:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I remember when 107% of the registered voters in Lowndes County all showed up to vote.

Yeah, voter fraud never happens.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Perry, Wilcox, and Dallas counties... places I used to roam, but refuse to set foot in today. Isn't that Sewell's district?
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 3:56:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes it is.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Update today 4/6/2023 - Case Dismissed by Circuit Judge Marvin Wiggins, who has had his own issues in the past. A search reveals that he is most likely the same political party as the defendant, so there's that.

But here's the kicker - According to a court filing on Thursday, the State of Alabama requested the case be dismissed, and the motion was granted by Wiggins.

I am a loss - I thought Alabama was big on going after voter fraud.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 1:30:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Update today 4/6/2023 - Case Dismissed by Circuit Judge Marvin Wiggins, who has had his own issues in the past. A search reveals that he is most likely the same political party as the defendant, so there's that.

But here's the kicker - According to a court filing on Thursday, the State of Alabama requested the case be dismissed, and the motion was granted by Wiggins.

I am a loss - I thought Alabama was big on going after voter fraud.
View Quote
Did you think AL was all in on Trump, all in on Don't give a damn, to AL moved on?  Honest question, voted for him three times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top