Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2022 7:16:27 AM EST
I went down to Centerfire in Versailles, Ky. last week and they had a sign on the door saying no gun sales to 18 to 20 year olds.
Did I miss a new law? Is the atf telling gun shops this. I should have asked why but did not.
I did not see that sign at Buds or Sportsman's Warehouse.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 11:57:24 AM EST
[#1]
Originally Posted By waynco:
I went down to Centerfire in Versailles, Ky. last week and they had a sign on the door saying no gun sales to 18 to 20 year olds.
Did I miss a new law? Is the atf telling gun shops this. I should have asked why but did not.
I did not see that sign at Buds or Sportsman's Warehouse.
View Quote

I WAS going to make a purchase at CFS this week, but if they are wussing out I will spend my money elsewhere.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 5:03:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: GunCat] [#2]
18 to 20 year old citizens will soon be restricted from exercising a constitutional right. Either the store is expecting issues with delays/sales, or is looking to avoid having the 18 to 20 year old subjected to further "investigations"....in either case our politicians have again gone a step too far...

As a result of the passage of the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (BSCA) of 2022, signed into law on June 25, 2022, the NICS Section has been working towards the implementation of an enhanced background check process for persons between the ages of 18-20. The enhancement provides the opportunity for additional outreach and research to be conducted regarding the existence of any juvenile adjudication information and/or mental health prohibition. As a result, transactions on persons between the ages of 18-20 will initially be delayed and the address of the individual will be collected so that the appropriate local and state entities may be contacted. The enhanced process will begin on November 14

READ MORE
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 10:03:19 AM EST
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GunCat:
18 to 20 year old citizens will soon be restricted from exercising a constitutional right. Either the store is expecting issues with delays/sales, or is looking to avoid having the 18 to 20 year old subjected to further "investigations"....in either case our politicians have again gone a step too far...

As a result of the passage of the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (BSCA) of 2022, signed into law on June 25, 2022, the NICS Section has been working towards the implementation of an enhanced background check process for persons between the ages of 18-20. The enhancement provides the opportunity for additional outreach and research to be conducted regarding the existence of any juvenile adjudication information and/or mental health prohibition. As a result, transactions on persons between the ages of 18-20 will initially be delayed and the address of the individual will be collected so that the appropriate local and state entities may be contacted. The enhanced process will begin on November 14

READ MORE
View Quote

This just seems like a Supreme Court case waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 4:13:04 PM EST
[#4]
Seems like a good reason to VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:00:35 AM EST
[#5]
Originally Posted By JSG:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JSG:
Originally Posted By GunCat:

READ MORE

Someone will argue successfully that this law targets inner city yutes. There are probably some numbers out there that support the fact when the assholes commit crimes as juveniles(and those records get sealed), they go on to commit crimes as adults. This of course includes crimes committed with a weapon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top