Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 2/3/2022 3:18:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Downtown SLC is a shithole, but as I've told my kids, the worst part of Utah isn't anything compared to the worst parts of Vegas, LA, etc.

I used to like Vegas, but its just really...dirty now, they don't even bother to keep up the appearances really anymore.

If I was taking my kids, I would take them to SLC before Vegas assuming the shows are the same.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Down town salt lake is not my favorite place but in chicago i lived off MLK. SLC is stil nice comparatively. I hate vegas
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Taking the kids to Dude Perfect this summer, we already bought tickets for Salt Lake City but what's the difference btw the MGM and Vivint as far as are they in bad locations etc? We'll be closer to Vegas
View Quote
I've attended concerts in both arenas. Hands down, MGM Garden is better. I saw Iron Maiden and AC/DC there in the last several years. It's right on the strip. There are people everywhere. I had next to zero concern about my safety, both in getting to the concert and getting out and back to my car.

The Viv Arena (which is a stupid name) is generally okay from a safety standpoint, but a few blocks to the west, it becomes very sketchy. Now that's sketchy by Utah standards. There's nowhere in the Salt Lake Valley that's anywhere close to a bad part of Chicago or St. Louis. People from those cities laugh at what we Utahns consider a bad neighborhood.

That said, the acoustics in the Viv suck. A lot. I've seen 12-15 concerts there over the years and it's rare that the sound is very good.

If you end up in SLC, feel free to give us a shout. I'm sure a few Utah ARF members would be glad to have a meetup.

Link Posted: 2/6/2022 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you end up in SLC, feel free to give us a shout. I'm sure a few Utah ARF members would be glad to have a meetup.

View Quote

This, for sure.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:53:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top