Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2018 8:47:22 PM EDT
Looks like a neat place and we ended up being able to free up some precious time to get away for a few days.

It's my first time, anything I have to make sure we do in the day we are going to have up there? Places to eat, things to do, etc...

Am I good to conceal carry anywhere in the parks (have a Illinois carry license), anything I have to watch out for in that area?
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Unass before dark, unless things have changed a LOT.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 11:45:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unass before dark, unless things have changed a LOT.
View Quote
Funny, they didn't mention night mutants in their promo videos
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 12:38:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Chesterton has good restaurants. Craft House is good and not that far south off of 49. There's also Wagners for great bbq but I don't think kids are allowed. If I  had seen this sooner I would have recommended taking the kids to the 49er drive in for a movie night. Valparaiso has tons of shopping and restaurants too.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 12:42:30 AM EDT
[#4]
There's also a Bass Pro west of there on 94 you can go check out along with the fireworks warehouses in Burns Harbor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top