Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2020 3:26:05 AM EDT
I will be headed to work a booth at the great American outdoor show next week and I am hoping for some insight into vehicle carry laws in PA.

My Illinois CCL isn’t honored by PA but I will be traveling with a firearm. Am I reading the law correctly that even to open carry in a vehicle? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#1]
You can't carry a loaded handgun "firearm" in your car without a LTCF.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#2]
You could very easily get a Pa. carry permit on the spot at a sheriff office. Just check their website first to make sure the one  y’all plan to go to does them while you wait. They are only $20
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can't carry a loaded handgun "firearm" in your car without a LTCF.
View Quote
This.

No idea what it takes to get a non-resident license, but what the second poster said sounds promising.

I didn't even know IL had a CCL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top