Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2021 12:19:06 AM EDT
Visiting relatives in St Joseph next week and looking for things to do with our family.  

We come down a couple times a year and have pretty much exhausted things around St Joe.  
 Me my wife and our 4 children aged 5-14.
I plan on carrying everywhere I’m able.
MN is fairly mask strict but so is every place we are looking at going near st Joe.  

Planned:
 WW1 museum (my 5yo loves WW1 stuff).  Is KC MO safe in that area?

The MO botanical garden in KC MO.  “One way traffic and masks”, just like MN.  Actually it is more strict, we don’t have to wear masks outside and face shields are approved in lieu of masks.
 But is it even worth visiting at this time of year?

There is a zip line place near KC, KS—anyone try that?

We have not explored anything in KS, anything over there within say an hour or two worthy of leaving MO for a day trip?
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:20:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Visiting relatives in St Joseph next week and looking for things to do with our family.  

We come down a couple times a year and have pretty much exhausted things around St Joe.  
 Me my wife and our 4 children aged 5-14.
I plan on carrying everywhere I’m able.
MN is fairly mask strict but so is every place we are looking at going near st Joe.  

Planned:
 WW1 museum (my 5yo loves WW1 stuff).  Is KC MO safe in that area?

The MO botanical garden in KC MO.  “One way traffic and masks”, just like MN.  Actually it is more strict, we don’t have to wear masks outside and face shields are approved in lieu of masks.
 But is it even worth visiting at this time of year?

There is a zip line place near KC, KS—anyone try that?

We have not explored anything in KS, anything over there within say an hour or two worthy of leaving MO for a day trip?
View Quote

Plan on having to have a mask if you want to do anything on KC.

Liberty Memorial is not in a horrible area. I've been both day and night. Definitely better during the day, however.

Nothing comes to mind in KS. The Legands Outlet mall is good. Shawnee Mission park and Wyandotte County Lake have some good hiking and scenery. That's about it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Wife and I visited KC a few years ago.

the WWI museum is really well done.

the steamship arabia is really cool also.   https://www.1856.com/

hardware recovered from the steamship

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]
If you didn't have the kids, I'd say head over to Weston and go to the Irish pub and brewery.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:14:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone done Zip KC in Kansas?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:59:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't done the ziplines specifically but I've been there for some other stuff and it's a neat place. I don't think you'd be disappointed.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Also +1 on the WW1 museum. Its an awesome place with a lot of history and tons of guns and other cool pieces. It generally isn't bad around there during the day, it can get a little shady at night but generally isn't terrible.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Did the Ww1 museum today, it was good as always.

How is Jamestown to visit?

O’Malley’s sounds fun but that will be for another trip when our kids are older and can kind of watch themselves
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:47:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#9]
We went to our favorite eating place, Il Lazerone today and did some local antique shopping and a walk.  

The river walk by Remington mature center has sure gone downhill in the last year and a half.

Kind of cool to see them demoing part of old north end from the double decker bridge (this bridge is my favorite part of the trip every time).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top