Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2021 2:09:31 PM EDT
Hi Floridians,
We’re visiting Tampa for a weekend wedding coming up which is in the downtown area.

Curious if anyone has advice on where to stay in the city itself. We’re trying NOT  to rent a car so walkable would be nice.

We’re city people in our younger thirties. Crowds and people don’t both us.

We considered the Ybor neighborhood. Open to any suggestions

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 2:39:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure you eat at the Columbia. If pressed for time, Carmines. At night, concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#2]
+100 for the Columbia. Make reservations just in case. Take in the floor show if you can.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make sure you eat at the Columbia. If pressed for time, Carmines. At night, concealed means concealed.
View Quote

These for sure
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:06:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Made a reservation for Columbia…. What else you guys got?
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 6:47:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I have taken a large conference here: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/tpamc-tampa-marriott-water-street/ - no complaints from the attendees aside from self-parking limitations (they can be cheap). Since you wont have a car, thats a non-issue.

Very nice hotel, close to everything, on the "water."
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have taken a large conference here: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/tpamc-tampa-marriott-water-street/ - no complaints from the attendees aside from self-parking limitations (they can be cheap). Since you wont have a car, thats a non-issue.

Very nice hotel, close to everything, on the "water."
View Quote

Agree on the hotel listed above, also Westshore grand is really nice.  Other than the main street part of Ybor City the rest of the Ybor area is a no go zone unless you would like to see a reenactment of black hawk down played out in the streets every night.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#7]
If your staying in Ybor, then check out Barterhouse for dinner, and then walk across the street to the Rock Brothers for drinks.  They do have a good selection of drinks at Barter as well.

Barter

Rock

Link Posted: 9/20/2021 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Check out the new Hotel Haya if you want to stay in Ybor right on 7th Avenue.  If you are into cigars, we have a TON of that history in Ybor where at the height of the cigar industry there were over 150 cigar factories rolling 500 million cigars A YEAR in Tampa’s heyday as “Cigar City”.  Set up a tour of the J.C. Newman cigar factory to see behind the scenes.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 1:02:50 AM EDT
[#11]
If you are coming to Tampa, Berns should be on your list to try to get into.  

The Marriot and the new J.W. Marriot are right at the south end of downtown, they are next to each other.

Link Posted: 9/22/2021 9:59:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Lowrey Park Zoo may be a good way to spend a morning... or the Aquarium
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:39:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lowrey Park Zoo may be a good way to spend a morning... or the Aquarium
View Quote

Why not both??
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah I’d avoid staying in ybor. Any of the hotels downtown are nice. Do the riverwalk. You can walk it from armature works to sparkman and you can take the trolly from downtown to ybor if you want to check it out. Channel side has some nice stuff now as well. Definitely go to pint and brew across from Hilton and get the grilled cheese. I personally don’t recommend berns but I don’t enjoy spending 3 hours at a restaurant and overpaying for steak. However their desert room is amazing. I would however recommend going to Datz.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I second the suggestion for Berns Steakhouse and be sure to ad a reservation for the desert room.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top