Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2019 2:07:30 PM EDT
I am taking a solo trip to the NE soon for my vacation this year. I've never been to VT and will be spending a few days there as part of it.

I booked a campsite at Grand Isle and plan to hike Mt. Mansfield, other than that I have no clue what I will be doing...

Any places I should seek out to visit? I like noteworthy natural features, small museums or historical sites and animal preserves/zoos best.

Also, anyplace that should be avoided for any reason? I'm not really worried about safety as much as a crowded tourist trap.

Thanks all!
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 4:08:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By D6T:
Sounds good!

Grand Isle is low elevation and the area can flood in heavy rain-- I hope you don't experience that.

Unless you are a die hard fan in need of a tour, the Ben and Jerry's factory is sheer pandemonium in the warm months, horrible parking, mile-long lines, etc. I would avoid it. Let alone the blatant political leanings of that company.

There is a military museum on route 15 in Colchester at Camp Johnson. Quite a bit of unusual things to see there and vehicles from all eras. The hours are odd but it's worth a stop if you can manage.

I'll think of more, I'm sure...
View Quote
That's a great suggestion on the museum. Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#3]
You could always swing by my Alma Mater, Norwich University: The Military College of Vermont.
The Sullivan Museum is very nice and has a lot of neat artifacts and military history pieces. Depending on when you do your visit you’ll see the rooks hating life and the upperclassmenin uniform. We usually had a parade every Friday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top