Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2022 3:52:58 PM EDT
Virginia guys, please help with advice on mountain route from Richmond to Lynchburg.

Would anyone mind advising me on road conditions? It is Thursday afternoon at 3:55 PM. I can be reached by cell at 205… 299…2954. Any advice to be really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I know this is probably too late, but searching a VDOT
road conditions website called Virginia 511 might
be of some help.  I haven't been down in that part of
this state in nearly twenty years and can't recall the
good routes.  Safe travels!
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 7:44:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't get to richmond much at all from lynchburb, but coming from Cville back home is just I64 to Rte 29 into lynchburg. I guess Richmond I64 would be the same, not sure of a faster route though.
29 has some work being done around rte 6 I believe, and there is a "new" bypass that takes you to Rte 460 instead of having to go through Madison Heights.
I say new as the bypass has been around for 15 yrs or so now.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Rt. 360 (Hull St close to RVA) to Rt. 460 near Farmville is your route.  Four lanes almost the entire way.  Slow, gradual incline going from RVA out toward Lynchburg.  Should be a pretty easy drive.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rt. 360 (Hull St close to RVA) to Rt. 460 near Farmville is your route.  Four lanes almost the entire way.  Slow, gradual incline going from RVA out toward Lynchburg.  Should be a pretty easy drive.
View Quote
460 is gonna be the nice route.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#5]
mountain route?

if you are feeling froggy you could turn at appomattox and go thru to verona etc and then hit 60,,  but that would be a long drive
460/307/360 is the way we go to Lynchburg and Roanoke
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top