Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2021 9:43:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#1]
TJ isn't just the best high school in Fairfax County.  It is considered by many to be the best high school in the nation.  And it is very diverse, but not the way liberals like.  Too many Asians.  Too many Indians.  So they are going to do what liberals do - they are going to destroy it.

FCPS recently abandoned pure merit-based admissions for TJ to ensure there are students admitted from every middle school in the county, including middle schools with low student achievement...due largely to the fault of the parents and teachers at those schools, FCPS administration, and the school board.  Sure, drag everyone down, including the brightest and most academically motivated kids we have in the county, rather than fix those other schools...and the elementary schools that fed them.  After they get a handful of kids from each middle school into TJ, they can declare success...while the other 1000 students at each failing middle school are still fucked.  So much easier to point a finger at TJ and call its policies racist than to address the real problem of why those other schools have lower student achievement.  

And then they will push CRT at TJ and reduce its academic standards so no one can fail, including the kids who did not earn their place there and would not be able to keep pace otherwise.  Success!  Idiocracy!

Just another day of liberal policy implementation. From the same liberals that gave you progressive policies that destroyed inner city families and pretty much every city in the US.

Fun fact - what do successful students have in common?  Supportive and involved parents.  Numerous studies have come to that conclusion.  The liberal response?  We need to destroy the nuclear family...and equalize student achievement by eliminating AP and honors classes.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#2]
TJ is actually 80% minority.

Yes - 80%.  That 80% is mostly Asian - including Indian.

And the head of the current PTA?  The PTA liberals are trying to disband?  

He is Black.

So the Virginia liberal/progressive elites are literally trying to oust a black man, and force racist new policies against an 80% minority student body.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:13:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TJ is actually 80% minority.

Yes - 80%.  That 80% is mostly Asian - including Indian.

And the head of the current PTA?  The PTA liberals are trying to disband?  

He is Black.

So the Virginia liberal/progressive elites are literally trying to oust a black man, and force racist new policies against an 80% minority student body.
View Quote

80% is not a minority. 20% is.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:22:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I had friends (all from S. Korea) in elementary and middle schools
that earned their way into TJ.  They excelled and went on to
various careers that require discipline most people won't develop.

Any honest person knows that changing TJ's enrollment and scope
defeats the purpose of that high school and will destroy it.

I'm wondering what options are available to the TJPTSA, short of
litigation.

I think a majority of TJ parents should tell the VA PTA to get bent
if the PTSA's charter is revoked.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had friends (all from S. Korea) in elementary and middle schools
that earned their way into TJ.  They excelled and went on to
various careers that require discipline most people won't develop.

Any honest person knows that changing TJ's enrollment and scope
defeats the purpose of that high school and will destroy it.

I'm wondering what options are available to the TJPTSA, short of
litigation.

I think a majority of TJ parents should tell the VA PTA to get bent
if the PTSA's charter is revoked.
View Quote

On paper Critical Race Theory sounds.... reasonable to me. It's about laws that are designed to exclude non-whites from participating. It's a legit thing to look at because historically there are a lot of laws that were made specifically for non-whites. Look at California and their AWB. Did you know the basis of the AWB is racism? During the 70s a group of Black Panthers wanted to defend their neighborhood from brutal police who came and killed them. So they roamed the streets with firearms. Some politican didn't like it so he proposed a law that makes these same people not be able to carry these kind of scary looking guns around. That same law allowed the politicians there to expand to what we see today as the AWB. It's a law that is rooted to racism and something that should not exist by their own admission to this critical race theory idea.

Problem with Critical Race Theory is that liberals actually won't teach the above. What they're really going to teach is an indoctrination to say republicans are bad and democrats are good and they're going to tell them how to vote, what party to vote for, and to dislike (even hate, or kill) those who oppose their agenda. Anyone who opposes their ideas, is a racist. That's what they actually want to teach kids and to me that is wrong.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
On paper Critical Race Theory sounds.... reasonable to me. It's about laws that are designed to exclude non-whites from participating. It's a legit thing to look at because historically there are a lot of laws that were made specifically for non-whites. ...............................
View Quote

It also sounded reasonable to Mao Zedong. Your "resonability" is aligned with the tyrannical side of history.
For those who lean toward intellectual honesty, this quick reference is worthwhile:
https://nypost.com/2021/06/10/mom-who-survived-maos-china-blasts-critical-race-theory/
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It also sounded reasonable to Mao Zedong. Your "resonability" is aligned with the tyrannical side of history.
For those who lean toward intellectual honesty, this quick reference is worthwhile:
https://nypost.com/2021/06/10/mom-who-survived-maos-china-blasts-critical-race-theory/
View Quote

Before I read your paper, I'm curious to know if you read my entire post or just the first sentence? If so, then it proves why Critical Race Theory is something people are pushing. They only read the summary of the proposal, not the entirety. That's dangerous and something that should and ought to be stopped.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:34:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone who tells you their campaign is about justice means it’s about power. Who can disagree with justice?

That’s why, for the left, gun control is “common sense.” Meant to sneak into your brain past the warnings.

If CRT sounds reasonable to you, remember that you can’t change the past. Incidentally, the black panthers were a bunch of Marxists who formed after local police shot a man who ran during a burglary in progress. They funded their activities selling Mao’s little red book. Perennial Communist Party USA candidate Angela Davis is now a leftist icon, find out why she was on the run and report back. Something to do with smuggling guns into a courthouse. Where are you getting your history?

Please engage critical thinking skills.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top