Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2020 9:01:37 PM EDT
I’m sure you guys are following this somewhat. What are your thoughts?

I feel kind of like, “been there done that”, and feel a little bad for these guys down there. It seems like hopes are high for those guys and I think we all kind of know what’s going to happen (probably). Nothing. Nothing is probably going to happen. They’re gonna go and stand around and feel like they did something, and then go home and watch their government shit on them.

I feel like we did this already. I hope it’s peaceful and I hope it changes their course of history, our course of history, but I seriously doubt it. Virginia is not CT but we’ve seen this ourselves.

I’m also a little bit mad the CCDL didn’t blow our protest up like the VCDL is doing. It should have been HUGE.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:48:17 AM EDT
[#1]
My thoughts are that it's fucked before it gets off the ground. Blackface Northam is a textbook tyrant, putting up walls against his own citizens and creating a choke point that will severely damper the protests. Now we're seeing Antifa committing themselves to the protest, seemingly as bad actors.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 3:44:54 AM EDT
[#2]
This isn't even close CT 2013.

You have most of the state declaring themselves 2A sanctuary counties.  The people have the full support of their elected Sheriffs.   The local prosecutors are supporting the people too.

What do the democrats do?  They double down in a show of strength.  They prefiled their rather extreme gun control bills.  The local democrats make fun of their citizen's concerns.   When the VA congressman called for the activation of the National Guard, my ears perked up.

As stated democrats only build walls to protect themselves.  VA democrats walled themselves off with a state of emergency and fences .   Our local legislature only put in metal detectors on the days of gun control bills.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This isn't even close CT 2013.

You have most of the state declaring themselves 2A sanctuary counties.  The people have the full support of their elected Sheriffs.   The local prosecutors are supporting the people too.

What do the democrats do?  They double down in a show of strength.  They prefiled their rather extreme gun control bills.  The local democrats make fun of their citizen's concerns.   When the VA congressman called for the activation of the National Guard, my ears perked up.

As stated democrats only build walls to protect themselves.  VA democrats walled themselves off with a state of emergency and fences .   Our local legislature only put in metal detectors on the days of gun control bills.
View Quote
Yeah, I have to agree with you. I don’t mean to compare he two events, only the outcomes, but hopefully I’m wrong.

It sure does seem like a powder keg if I’ve ever seen one. I can hardly believe what I’m reading at times.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Now we're seeing Antifa committing themselves to the protest, seemingly as bad actors.
View Quote
The Antifa thing is a strange one. Seems they are siding with the pro rights people against the Democratic run VA state government. Be kind of stupid to openly side with gun owners then commit violence in hopes of the Dem's blaming (which they are going to do anyway) those evil white racist republican bible thumping baby killing gun owners. But who knows.

Antifa Group to March With Pro-Gun Protesters at Virginia Rally

“I think it’s been pretty important for us to focus on the fact that gun control in America has a legacy of racist enforcement,” Seven Hills spokesperson James told Vice, requesting that his last name be withheld from publication. “Like taking guns away from black people, because black people were perceived as a threat to property and the sanctity of the state.”

“I think what’s particular about the South is that we have to be a bit more creative and sensitive to the people around us — instead of fulfilling some sort of meme of what antifa is,” James said. “That’s really what we’re trying to work against right now, especially by talking to conservatives and showing we aren’t just a black-clad group of rabble-rousers who are out for attention and have jobs funded by George Soros.”

“The presence of an armed left is not discussed, it’s not understood,” he added.

Sucks for VA but they are going to get screwed with new anti rights gun laws. The Democrats down there will jam it down their throats no matter how many show up to protest. And they are going to do so quickly as a show of force. And probably because they know RGB is not long for this world as they face a possible Trump second term.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a dozen friends who are going. Some are already there and sending pictures and a description.

While this is similar to what we went through 7 years ago it is also a bit different. This time it is in the south. It is hitting home to all the people who laughed at us and told us "Move to a free state", "you get the government you elect", "you get the government you deserve", and my favorite one "it will never happen here".

Now that this BS is happening in a "free" state it has the attention of everybody. As my friend in TN said when I complained that nobody seemed to care when we went through it, "you live in a blue state, we wrote them off years ago".

I truly hope that the Dems rethink this and VA remains free. I honestly think they will ram the laws through. They will "compromise" and do something like we have with grandfathering. That way they can say "you can keep your guns".

This stuff will have to be sorted out in the courts. That is our last best hope.

Either way the media will portray this protest/rally as "neo-nazis gathered at the capital to protest common sense gun laws", "50,000 gun fanatics rioted in the Capital" of "50,000 gun entusiats showed up to protest the new laws. There are 8.5 million Virginians. Less than .1% are against the new gun violence laws. 99.9% are for them."
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve got fambly down there. They’re ready to boogerglue.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m working but have been following this thread all day https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/OFFICIAL-VA-Second-Amendment-Rally-Streaming-Thread/5-2288938/.

Things seem to be going really well, great photos throughout the thread. I get the goosebumps reading through it. Reminds me of walking around Hartford with you goons.

Looks like probably 20-30,000 if I had to guess, could be even more. I wish I was down there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I think what we're seeing is a lot of people who thought they were citizens in a republic being told they are at the mercy of the government even when the government chooses to operate outside the established limits. There will be no direct result from the rally, it will be portrayed as something other than what it is by the media and the politicians will not change their votes one bit.
At some point, probably next year after they wait for the immediate attention to fade and the various organized groups to go back to business as usual, they will start using the legal justification in those bills to start taking guns from otherwise law abiding people. Shortly after that starts, someone will wind up dead because they said no. Actions after that will decide whether Virginia returns to being a state of free citizens or becomes the first state to declare war on the bulk of their population.

I have yet to see peaceful protest regarding firearms rights accomplish anything. We saw it just fine here. They ignored us and just passed it in the middle of the night and have stonewalled all legal challenges since. This is not much different than they did before the most recent round. They have an agenda, bought and paid for, it makes no difference what popular opinion is about it unless it gets them unelected in sufficient numbers to get those laws removed.

VA should have started whatever process is used to remove politicians from office immediately. Vote of no confidence or whatever it is there, starting with the gov and working their way through EVERY politician who has said they will vote yes and any local politicians who supported it. Every sanctuary county should be removing every single person from local office who supported the people who are supporting these bills. They don't get there in a vacuum, rip the structure out from under them while people are paying attention and motivated, but before the shooting starts.

Honestly, I give it about a 50% chance we get through this rally without some major disaster that will either be manufactured to fit their agenda or twisted to fit. When you commit violence against civilians to push political change that is called terrorism.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I am ashamed and embarrassed that I could not go.

All the bullshit that was promulgated about an "emergency" and "right-wing white supremacists", militias, and all the other horseshit was completely disproven by events.

It was a historic event where thousands of armed citizens gathered to protest the actions of their government with out incident or injury.

Just my opinion.

"Today, the governed withdrew their consent."
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am ashamed and embarrassed that I could not go.

All the bullshit that was promulgated about an "emergency" and "right-wing white supremacists", militias, and all the other horseshit was completely disproven by events.

It was a historic event where thousands of armed citizens gathered to protest the actions of their government with out incident or injury.

Just my opinion.

"Today, the governed withdrew their consent."
View Quote
I’m 100% in this camp. I feel bad about not being there as well.

I’m still holding out hope that it has an immediate effect but I can’t seem to shake the aggravation from our own protest being ignored and feeling that’s what’s going to happen here.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 11:13:51 PM EDT
[#12]
These protests do nothing for our side. Leftists ignore the will of the people or rule of law. They will spin protests to look like it was a bunch of gun enthuisiats, white supremists and preppers who were marching.

VA has just under 9 million citizens subjects. My friends that were there said they would guess 30-40,000 were there. Even if it wa 50,000 the left will say 99.9% of the population supports their feel good agenda.

The only hope left for this country is the Supreme Court. We need Ginsberg to drop dead soon. We need to get the commies off the bench and put in justices that will rule based on the Constitution.

VA wants to ban all semi-autos, normal capacity magazines and even gun ranges. They will "compromise" and grandfather existing stuff and leave ranges alone. Then they will try and look like they are fair.

Fuck the commies. We need to oust them and put them in prison or execute them for treason. Why are we putting up with this?
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 11:17:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Can we hear from CT guys who were there?
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I got home this morning @ 1:30 Went down with a few CCDL people. We meet with the President of the VCDL and the gentleman who ended the Sutherland Springs Texas shooting, Stephen Willeford.

Our side couldn't have hoped for it to go better ( maybe it could have been warmer)

We the gunowners of CT could only wish we had energy these people have. Most CT gun owners were more concerned about opening day of fishing season instead of rallying at the Capitol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad that some leadership at CCDL were able to make it down.

CCDL owes a lot to VCDL.  VCDL was the template for CCDL.

The difference between us is 1) numbers, 2) passion, and 3) leadership.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Pic of us navigating Porta John Alley.

It was more crowded than Rockefeller Center the weekend before Christmas.

Photo taxed from VLODPG

Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:34:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Playtime is over. Now we see who does what: we see what the legislature does and what the citizenship does in return.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top