Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2020 5:00:05 PM EDT
All,
Many of you know of the VA 1-13.  At first, it started with the Shenandoah Battle Buddies.  We are actively starting chapters outside of our AO and need leadership to start working with your own Board of Supervisors.

The mission of the Virginia 1-13 movement is to secure the peaceful enjoyment of the lives, liberty, and property of the citizens of Virginia, through the exercise of their collective and individual right to keep and bear arms as the constitutional militia, which is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state.

Please IM me if you're interested in helping spread our resolution for your county to call for a militia muster.  You must be on the app Signal, and have a Facebook account.

Keep your powder dry,
Blu3Ridge

https://www.virginia113.com
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Why is a FB account required?

A bunch of us here in Loudoun are interested...but might be a lost cause.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
It's the best means of outreach to others in your community.  It's a PR platform.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 6:55:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
After Lobby Day, FB should be the least of your worries.

Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

After Lobby Day, FB should be the least of your worries.

View Quote
It's not a worry, I just despise it and don't need another platform to monitor/use.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's not a worry, I just despise it and don't need another platform to monitor/use.
View Quote
I’m with you.

I tried to appeal to friends on FB to oppose these bills, not a peep from them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#6]
The county FaceBook groups I belong to have 7-8 thousand citizens of my county on them.  If you know of a better platform to reach that many people, have at it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:07:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok. I’ll keep doing what I’m doing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Just posted it on FB....here we goooooooo networking trying to get it of the ground in our AO
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ok. I’ll keep doing what I’m doing.
View Quote
I share your concerns about facebook. But you can't argue with the reach that it gives you.

As soon as I got confirmation that our BoS was going to hear discuss becoming a 2A Sanctuary I made a very impassioned public post. It went viral locally and was seen thousands of times. Our local Republican committee used my post for their public announcement and made an event for the meeting.

We ended up with 1200 patriots showing up at the BoS twice, and the resolution was passed unanimously by a lukewarm board. Before my post I was told by several party officials and local politicians that there was no chance of it passing here.

The lesson learned from this is that facebook activism, supported by actual involvement and outreach in local politics is a winning strategy. We are seeing the same thing with the VA113 initiative. I personally attended a local Republican Party event today. Everyone I talked too (mostly older folks) had heard of (and supported) the constitutional militia movement from our outreach on facebook. These are folks who previously thought the militia was a bu ch of extremist weirdos in the woods. They are 100% on board because our effective utilization of social media.

It is just one (very useful) tool in our tool-belt.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:32:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m not knocking it. It does have great reach. I’ll just stick with the smaller grassroots, face to face/coordination group, that I’ve been able to build. I just feel it’s unfortunate that having to have FB account is a requirement to be part of the 1-13 movement.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Edit: duplicate post...
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:37:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I’m not knocking it. It does have great reach. I’ll just stick with the smaller grassroots, face to face coordination group, that I’ve been able to build. I just think it’s unfortunate that having to have FB account is a requirement to be part of the 1-13 movement.
View Quote
It's not required at all. It just makes it a bit easier to organize and make sure we are not duplicating efforts.

But grassroots word of mouth is the foundation of all of this. That's why we were at lobby day passing out 15,000 sample resolutions

Talking to your local elected officials and networking with local like-mided folks is the most important next step.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's not required at all.
View Quote
OP’s post states otherwise.

Either way, not trying to get in the weeds or stir up shit. But, if the movement needs help from someone without a FB account, let me know.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's not required at all. It just makes it a bit easier to organize and make sure we are not duplicating efforts.

But grassroots word of mouth is the foundation of all of this. That's why we were at lobby day passing out 15,000 sample resolutions

Talking to your local elected officials and networking with local like-mided folks is the most important next step.
View Quote
Feel free to shoot me a pm, I got one of those samples and some of my coworkers as well and it got their wheel turning
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:03:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Either way, not trying to get in the weeds or stir up shit. But, if the movement needs help from someone without a FB account, let me know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not required at all.

He just meant you need facebook to start a county facebook group. It could have been explained more clearly. We need all the help we can get.

What is really needed is folks who are willing to network locally and present a resolution to their BoS. Everything else is superfluous.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:05:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Feel free to shoot me a pm, I got one of those samples and some of my coworkers as well and it got their wheel turning
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM sent
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:18:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He just meant you need facebook to start a county facebook group. It could have been explained more clearly. We need all the help we can get.

What is really needed is folks who are willing to network locally and present a resolution to their BoS. Everything else is superfluous.
View Quote
Ahhh. Ok. Well, we have a bunch of Loudoun guys who are actively involved in local meetings/politics. While I don’t think the LoCo BoS will even entertain the idea, we can def see what we can do.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ahhh. Ok. Well, we have a bunch of Loudoun guys who are actively involved in local meetings/politics. While I don’t think the LoCo BoS will even entertain the idea, we can def see what we can do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely worth a shot. Kind of like lobby day. We need to exhaust every legal option to maintain moral legitimacy and superiority. You are asking them to publicly recognize your ability to assemble and bear arms as part of the unorganized militia. Even without their blessing, you still have that right per the U.S. and VA Constitutions. If they choose not to recognize it, nothing changes.

Thanks for stepping up!
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:51:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@AndBen stay tuned I’m working on something at the moment that may prove to be a good way of getting some BOS on board. We will call it a “pilot” at this point, that works from the ground up the way you’re describing in this thread. I’ll keep you in the loop and will be starting a separate thread in the coming days if it seems we will have success.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:37:13 AM EDT
[#20]
OST
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 7:16:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@AndBen stay tuned I’m working on something at the moment that may prove to be a good way of getting some BOS on board. We will call it a “pilot” at this point, that works from the ground up the way you’re describing in this thread. I’ll keep you in the loop and will be starting a separate thread in the coming days if it seems we will have success.
View Quote
@ka-tetof1

Awesome. I look forward to seeing what you have.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#22]
First local media source to report on VA 1-13. We are making progress.

https://www.facebook.com/65714680335/posts/10157801043820336/?sfnsn=mo

The gentleman interviewed is a retired Charlottesville Police Lieutenant, who now works at a local gun shop.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:04:03 PM EDT
[#23]
No dice from my FB post I'll keep working old school with face to face in my AO
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#24]
@Blu3Ridge
@longhunter09

Sent you an IM.  Hit me up, I need some help.  I am on the agenda for a presentation on 2/25 @ 6:30pm in my county.

Thanks,
Chase
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:55:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
@Blu3Ridge
@longhunter09

Sent you an IM.  Hit me up, I need some help.  I am on the agenda for a presentation on 2/25 @ 6:30pm in my county.

Thanks,
Chase
View Quote
@55Kingpin

Chase,

Didn't get your IM. Feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected]. we would love to help you out in any way possible. Thanks for stepping up!

Matt
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:33:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Does anybody have the contact info for the person who operates the FB page?

I requested to start a group in my NOVA county but would like to know exactly "WHO" im giving semi-private info to.

Thanks in advanced
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Does anybody have the contact info for the person who operates the FB page?

I requested to start a group in my NOVA county but would like to know exactly "WHO" im giving semi-private info to.

Thanks in advanced
View Quote

Blu3Ridge, myself, and three other trusted (vetted) individuals are the administrators of the page. Feel free to shoot me or Blu3Ridge a PM or email, to discuss further. I understand your concerns.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
IM Sent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top