Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2019 12:46:17 PM EDT
Anyone thinking of going?
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 11:52:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep. I'm thinking about leaving on the 19th and heading there.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there.  Currently I'm of the opinion that battle rattle and long guns are the uniform of the day.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:29:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm thinking about flying into Richmond Saturday afternoon and flying early Tuesday morning. I'm undecided about whether to go helmet, PC and AR Pistol or just a concealed G19. I hope it will make a positive difference.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm thinking about flying into Richmond Saturday afternoon and flying early Tuesday morning. I'm undecided about whether to go helmet, PC and AR Pistol or just a concealed G19. I hope it will make a positive difference.
View Quote
Do it.  Bring your gear.  All the cool kids are doing it.  We've been trying the "well dressed and reasonable" tactic for generations and it's consistently failing.  We need to try something new.  Plate carriers, ballistic helmets, NODs, and ARs are the way of the future.  I'm bringing mine.  I hope to see you there.
There are some really good threads about this on GD if you haven't checked them out yet.  I'm finding this one to be the most relevant for those traveling to VA from out of state.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/ARFCOM-out-of-state-volunteers-for-Richmond-VA-Lobby-Day-protest-stop-here-Update-1-in-OP-/5-2279713/
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#5]
@TheRadBaron, are you flying or driving?
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#6]
@handyandy
I'm driving.  IM headed your way.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm from the western burbs and currently live in Virginia (Army....). The drive here isn't bad. Tolls are high in ohio and Pennsylvania.  The state troopers around Richmond will pull you over for speeding.
You can use your ipass for tolls here.
The richmond airport is small compared to midway or ohara. There is always dullies or Regan which is about 100 miles north of richmond.
Virginia traffic sucks. There's no way around it. D.c. traffic (and drivers) sucks.
There's a lot to see in the area. Richmond has a lot of civil war stuff. Even us Yankees can appreciate.
Food is pretty good. Lots of bbq places.
Please feel free to ask any questions you might have.
Thanks for coming out, the good people of the commonwealth need as much help as they can get!
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 3:06:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm thinking of going from the southern IL area, anyone else down here?
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 11:17:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Used to be from Madiganistan but moved to northwest Indiana.

I just signed up for VCDL membership to get info and I’m planning on driving down. Open to car pooling.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 11:18:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Any recommendations on hotels or other logistics if I want to be within walking distance of the event?
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 12:09:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I think the downtown hotels are pretty well booked up at this point.  Take a look at this thread.  It has a lot of good information for those of us traveling to the rally.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/ARFCOM-out-of-state-volunteers-for-Richmond-VA-Lobby-Day-protest-stop-here-Update-2-07JAN2020-/5-2279713/
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the downtown hotels are pretty well booked up at this point.  Take a look at this thread.  It has a lot of good information for those of us traveling to the rally.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/ARFCOM-out-of-state-volunteers-for-Richmond-VA-Lobby-Day-protest-stop-here-Update-2-07JAN2020-/5-2279713/
View Quote
Look into neighboring state laws; it would be REALLY easy for  either 1) neighbor state LE to pull over all non-resident plates, or 2) a state line checkpoint. Neither of these would - technically - be a police action against a state's own residents  
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I read the VA legislature has moved their sessions earlier to this Mon at 8 AM.   Anything to try and counter the Pro 2A efforts!
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:46:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow!

The VA AWB/mag bill passed out of committee  on a party line vote. When pro 2a speakers verbally objected, VSP/ Capitol PD stormed the hearing room  and ordered them to get out in 30 seconds, or face arrest.

VIrginia Capitol and State Police Eject Citizens from House Committee after assault weapon ban vote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top