Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2016 12:54:27 PM EDT
BREAKING NEWS // Cianci, who presided over the renaissance of Rhode Island’s capital city but twice was forced from City Hall following felony convictions.

http://wpri.com/2016/01/28/report-vincent-buddy-cianci-dead-at-74/

Get the WPRI 12 Eyewitness News app:

http://v1-1.api.wpri.com/storelink
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw the headline that he was taken in this morning for stomach pains, but didn't expect his passing.

Not sure how I really feel about this. I think he was good for Providence, but he did go to federal prison.

I can understand a little why he was a "celebrity", but bottom line he was someone who shouldn't have done what he did and he never should have been allowed to run for office again imho.

I will not miss watching him on abc6. Watching him speak unscripted was painful to watch.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I never watched his news show on channel 6, but did listen to his talk radio show regularly. I think that is where he shined.

He was a watchdog for Providence and RI at some level.
If Chickalninne, Alorza, or Tavares we're making poor calls for Providence he would call them out on it. In turn shining the spotlight on the issue.
This city I fear has lost a guardian of sorts and will feel his loss in the near future.

If somebody was banging my wife. Yea I'll rub a butt or two out on him, and most certainly piss on him to established dominance.
Plunder Dome. 25 charges not guilty. 1 guilty, a RICO charge.
If .gov wants to to.charge you with one they will make it stick.

However, he was a felon...... who paid his debt.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#3]
UPDATE!

He's still dead.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#4]
"He was a watchdog for Providence and RI at some level. 
If Chickalninne, Alorza, or Tavares we're making poor calls for Providence he would call them out on it. In turn shining the spotlight on the issue. 
This city I fear has lost a guardian of sorts and will feel his loss in the near future." 

How accurate was this statement?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top