Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2021 3:27:28 PM EDT
again with the armor and guns in a place allowed to have both. Smells of false flag to me.

First Atlanta,  now Lexington

https://www.wdrb.com/news/versailles-man-arrested-outside-lexington-hospital-with-guns-body-armor/article_b4c11108-8d8c-11eb-9b3a-6bb441820855.html

"UK Police Chief Joe Monroe said officers received a tip from the Versailles Police Department that a suspicious man was coming to visit someone at the hospital. Officers responded and arrested the man as soon as he left the building after visiting a family member...Carroll is being held at the Fayette County Detention Center and faces state and federal charges, Monroe said."

The guy in Atlanta, according to articles, the young man who went into a grocery store with body armor and 6 guns seems to have been arrested on Reckless Conduct. Best I can find that would be OCGA 16-5-60, which reads in relevant part (every other part pertains to HIV transmission)
b) A person who causes bodily harm to or endangers the bodily safety of another person by consciously disregarding a substantial and unjustifiable risk that his act or omission will cause harm or endanger the safety of the other person and the disregard constitutes a gross deviation from the standard of care which a reasonable person would exercise in the situation is guilty of a misdemeanor.
What utter baloney. Was it suspicious? yes. Was it criminal? Obviously they couldn't charge him with more. And I get it, he was first discovered in the bathroom with a hidden rifle, screams nefarious intentions.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Carroll is being held at the Fayette County Detention Center and faces state and federal charges, Monroe said."

View Quote

What charges? Trespass for state laws, maybe? Federal, who knows?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
And I get it, he was first discovered in the bathroom with a hidden rifle, screams nefarious intentions.
View Quote

Nefarious?! He had a rifle and needed to pee. What's he supposed to do? Being in the restroom is not relevant unless they have more. So they are left with a man and a rifle. Hidden? Hidden where and how? Hidden on his person or hidden in the restroom?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:58:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nefarious?! He had a rifle and needed to pee. What's he supposed to do? Being in the restroom is not relevant unless they have more. So they are left with a man and a rifle. Hidden? Hidden where and how? Hidden on his person or hidden in the restroom?
View Quote

He had a rifle, a shotgun, and several handguns, according to the article. And it appears he was trying to un-conceal them in the bathroom. I will play devil's advocate on the reasonableness for concern by the individuals there who saw it. I do agree it should not be the basis of arrest as the law allows having much freedom in this fine state

Re: charges.
"but police found him using the hospital’s surveillance system."

Probably why the arrest

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/counties/fayette-county/article250198395.html

"Carroll was booked into the Fayette County Detention Center Thursday afternoon on multiple charges, including four counts of third-degree use of a weapon of mass destruction, five counts of possession of a handgun by a convicted felon and one count of possession of a weapon on school property, according to the jail website."

What school property? KRS explicitly states carrying on a college campus (presumably what they are trying to have the hospital be a part of) is not in itself a criminal act

"He’s also charged with resisting arrest, fleeing from police, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance. Monroe said federal charges also were possible."
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#4]
four counts of third-degree use of a weapon of mass destruction
View Quote

What did he have on him? Didn't see anything in article.  Pipe bomb, uranium, the US foreign policy?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:30:27 AM EDT
[#5]
"Possession of a handgun by a convicted felon". If that one is true nothing else matters.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 8:09:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I admit I am short on details but I know there was a bomb issue yesterday at the UK Hospital.
There was an actual "bomb" found and the Bomb Disposal unit went there with their special bomb wagon and hauled something off.
Supposedly this was all over the news yesterday afternoon but I do not watch the local news.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I admit I am short on details but I know there was a bomb issue yesterday at the UK Hospital.
There was an actual "bomb" found and the Bomb Disposal unit went there with their special bomb wagon and hauled something off.
Supposedly this was all over the news yesterday afternoon but I do not watch the local news.
View Quote

They do love to bring their toys out of the toy box. Sometimes the toys are needed and other times not.

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What did he have on him? Didn't see anything in article.  Pipe bomb, uranium, the US foreign policy?
View Quote

Laughter fades to tears...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top