Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2022 3:12:33 PM EDT
Visiting yet again. Going to be based out of Venice. Will be traveling up to Anna Maria Island quite a bit as we love the place and will also be going down to Sanibel Island so everyone can experience the seashells down there as well. Going to spend a couple days focused on Caspersen beach doing the shark teeth thing for the kids as well.

So great arfcom knowledge bank I ask you: where to go? What to avoid? Where to eat? Etc

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 11:17:59 PM EDT
[#1]
On your way to Caspersen, you’ll see the airport where Mohammad Atta learned to fly.

Caio Gelato is great gelato
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 8:16:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 2:19:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On your way to Caspersen, you’ll see the airport where Mohammad Atta learned to fly.

Caio Gelato is great gelato
View Quote

Well that’s fun….
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 2:22:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There are a lot of shops in the "historic" district on W Venice Ave (around Ciao Gelato ) that the wife may like.

Check out Sharky's On the Pier across from the airport at the foot of the Venice fishing pier, just north of Casperson Beach.

Head out to Snook Haven on the Myakka River for lunch.

If you're a car guy, maybe stop by Ideal Classic Cars and take a look around the museum.

View Quote

That all sounds good! I know you’ve heard it already but I still appreciate you convincing me to get out of Ormond Beach and into Anna Maria instead. So happy!

Are there any gun shops/ apparel, lifestyle whatever you want to call them? The places there sell firearms but also related clothing and apparel. NO I’m not talking bass pro or any of the big guys. ??
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 9:54:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That all sounds good! I know you've heard it already but I still appreciate you convincing me to get out of Ormond Beach and into Anna Maria instead. So happy!

Are there any gun shops/ apparel, lifestyle whatever you want to call them? The places there sell firearms but also related clothing and apparel. NO I'm not talking bass pro or any of the big guys.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are a lot of shops in the "historic" district on W Venice Ave (around Ciao Gelato ) that the wife may like.

Check out Sharky's On the Pier across from the airport at the foot of the Venice fishing pier, just north of Casperson Beach.

Head out to Snook Haven on the Myakka River for lunch.

If you're a car guy, maybe stop by Ideal Classic Cars and take a look around the museum.

That all sounds good! I know you've heard it already but I still appreciate you convincing me to get out of Ormond Beach and into Anna Maria instead. So happy!

Are there any gun shops/ apparel, lifestyle whatever you want to call them? The places there sell firearms but also related clothing and apparel. NO I'm not talking bass pro or any of the big guys.  

Not really but if you want to do some shooting Total Impact is a nice indoor range in Nokomis right on Tamiami Trail.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top